TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Looking Park From A Distance

OK, this is hard to explain. What park do you think looks the best and most intimidating from a distance? IE, your driving and you spot the rollercoasters in the background?

I think Kennywood is one of the most intimitaing park. I live in NE Ohio and alot of people don't know must about Kennywood so when we decided to take a trip down there, they thought it was a dinky little park but when we rounded the corner, and crossed the bridge, they saw the Pitt Fall towering in the air and the Phantoms Revenge diving into the ravine and I must say they were shocked!

I also love when we leave the car and walk to the Entrance and to your left, you see and hear Phantoms train diving down the first drop and Swing Shots famous "Air" sound. It's like music to my ears .

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess SFMW would be pretty intimitaing (Sp?) because when you walk up to it from the parking lot, you walk pretty close to Medusa, Roar, and V2 is also kind of close. So I guess my vote goes to SFMW. (Although sadly, roller coasters don't scare me like they used to )

Personally, I think Sylvan Beach looks amazing. Although it is a small park, so you can't really see the rides until you are right up next to it, it still shows the relaxed, retro feel that I praise the park so highly for. It is rather sad that so few people know about it.

- Tanks "Sylvan Beach fan boy" 4me05.

SFGAm looks pretty cool coming into it. V2, Superman, Raging Bull, Demon Drop, Deja Vu, Viper, and American Eagle all stand out really well from the interstate.

Holiday World is also pretty sweet now that Voyage is in. It was cool driving through the quaint town and then seeing Raven barely poking through the trees.

I'd probably have to say SFMM. I haven't been to many parks, but that's the best answer I have. I mean, you see Goliath, Superman, Tatsu, and X. Those are probably the most intimidating rides in the park. (Although Superman shouldn't because it's not scary at all) Goliath looks intimidating because you see Colossus so far below Goliath, Tatsu because it's going around the massive sky tower, and it's built on a hill, and it's pretzel loop is huge, and the rest of the ride is high up. X is intimidating because of it's drop, and how big it seems when driving up next to it. And of course, Superman. Superman is just a massive structure. Anything big is usually intimidating.

~Mike

I wouldn't call it the best or most intimidating, but Dorney really sticks out when you drive pass it.

I also wouldn't call Sfgadv that great until you're actually in the parking lot staring at S:UF,GASM, ET, KK, RT, Chiller and Nitro

Hershey's nice with Storm Runner, Wild Cat and Lighting Racer.

I've never been, but Mt Olympus looks cool with Hades in the parking lot.

Coming down the I-5 from the North SFMM looks pretty cool. Of course Cedar Point looks nice too.

Of the international parks, I thought it was pretty cool seeing a giant spaceship off of the train at Space World in Japan...and of course seeing Disney and Journey's Volcano...Mmmmm.

I forgot Cedar Point. I went there last Labor Day for the first time in 8 years and the skyline has changed(granted I was 10 and didn't care much) and I remember how we were saying we were going to ride TTD first and how my friend got real scared when he saw it peeking over the trees.

I forgot to mention GL...er SFWOA. Driving through Solon is like driving through the country then you make out Steel Venoms spike and eventually the Green Monster that used to dominate the entrance .

Cedar Point looks amazing as you drive up to it. There is nothing around, and there in the distance are roller coasters and other rides going into the lake. La Ronde looks cool to since it is on an island in the middle of the river(the fireworks going off helped too), but the park was a lot smaller when I saw it since it was before SF bought it.

Tusenfryd - the entire park is on a hillside with the parking lot at the bottom.

Parque Warner - definately the most 'surprising' park. If you travel by train you travel through a ditch and when you get out you suddenly see the entire park with its awesome skyline.

Gröna Lund - see picture below.

002.jpg.12b5173d787faf8621c83219e9e8d77b.jpg

Cedar Point is quite intimidating because you can see it from so far away and there is so much to see. However, Id have to say WOF is also pretty intimidating. You round a big corner on the highway and you see Mamba towering over everyting. You never really realise how big some of the rides are until you drive past WOF on the highway.

Its is definitely Cedar Point, Six Flags Over Texas, and Six Flags Magic Mountain, in that order. If your afraid of roller coasters I can imagine these parks being very intimidating. I, on the other hand, find the drive up to them amazing!