TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 119: Test Track closure announced, new concept art released!

Its better than any of the health films I had to watch in High School. Its too bad you don't find more of this kind of stuff in public in the US- the schools teach a streamlined version of it to please the churches and parents are still too shy to properly discuss the subject especially when it comes to STD's. Look at the Europeans- sex is much more out in the open there and they don't have even close to the problem we have here with rape and other sex crimes. The American Prude is still alive and well and filling our country.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

Great news – especially if you share my passion for amazing pizza. An authentic pizzeria will be opening at the Italy Pavilion at Epcot theme park later this year and it’s an attention-grabber. The new 300-seat restaurant will have traditional Florentine architecture, vaulted-ceilings and outside dining. And the food will be authentic — Italian dishes (complimenting the offerings at Tutto Italia ) and pizza from wood-burning ovens.

The pizzeria will be the newest flagship restaurant in the Patina Restaurant Group’s portfolio. And one of the special touches at the Epcot location will be the water. It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough.

A name for the family-style pizzeria has not been finalized but we wanted to share this information with you first on the Disney Parks Blog. Construction is currently underway and the restaurant is scheduled to open in fall 2010. Check back for more updates.

I've included two photos I took at the beginning of the month to show you where the restaurant will go.

IMGP9902.JPG.121af267b4182e6156e038d736ba81e9.JPG

IMGP9901.JPG.69a036487fc054b900eb289e3fb12a36.JPG

Edited by jedimaster1227

I'm excited by this, usually WDW pizza has been meh at best.

It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough.

Really? Really? That just seems like BS marketing and an excuse to charge more. I've had great pizza that doesn't have this magic water.

edit: yeah i'm an idiot, i thought it's bs, but it's more than just good sauce and cheese... (maybe Dominos needs some of this magic water...)

Really? Really? That just seems like BS marketing and an excuse to charge more. I've had great pizza that doesn't have this magic water.

It's attention to detail that makes great food.

Though, having been to Naples, the idea of "Naples water" isn't appealing to me as that city is dirty. The pizza they sell in Naples is pretty good though. Very simple and unique.

I cannot even remember in my head where abouts the Italy section is in World Showcase. Very excited for this new place though and look forward to eating there later in the year.

And yes, Disney pizza sucks, Universal's is really good though, maybe they get imported water...

This is great news.....although most people are probably pissed that it's not a spinning coaster with cars themed to flying pizza dough or something.

Premium tequila in Mexico. Premium pizza in Italy. Time to turn part of Germany into a premium microbrewery or something.

This is great news.....although most people are probably pissed that it's not a spinning coaster with cars themed to flying pizza dough or something.

Premium tequila in Mexico. Premium pizza in Italy. Time to turn part of Germany into a premium microbrewery or something.

How about finally making a premium American restaurant in WS?

I'm excited by this, usually WDW pizza has been meh at best.

It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough.

I have heard that the type of water used has an effect on how bread turns out. In fact, last year I interviewed for a water filtration company that specializes in the food service industry. They have the ability to find the compounds in certain types of water and recreate them so that you can have that same taste/effect away from the source. So perhaps Patina is using some of this equiptment?

^ Perhaps it could be called "A salute to all nations, but mostly America"!

My favorite was during the Muppet Christmas Carol...

Sam the Eagle: Tomorrow, you become a man of business!

Young Scrooge: I'm looking forward to it, Headmaster.

Sam the Eagle: Mm, you will love business. It is the AMERICAN WAY!

Gonzo: [whispers] Sam...

[whispers in Sam's ear]

Sam the Eagle: Oh... It is the BRITISH WAY!

I am surprisingly excited by this.

And yes, water is very important. But:

Um...why not just import it from Naples? Oh, because it's coming from the tap at Epcot that comes closest to the water from Naples. Got it.

Will this Pizza restaurant be table service,counter service or a combination of both.Whatever they do put in it better be good pizza as I can't recall ever eating pizza at Disney,especially after seeing on one of those Food Network Disney shows showing the automated assembly line machine that make those Toy Story Pizza Planet pizzas.

I had pizza once at Disney (Animal Knigdom in 2007). It was an abomination and I said never again.

Well this might be why one of those reaons you should never say never. I'll give it a shot next time I'm at Epcot. If I'm drunk at Food and Wine Festival next October, someone remind me to try the pizza.

Water is the reason New York bagels have a unique chewiness that can't really be replicated anywhere else. Even the LA bagel shops will admit as much.

I haven't been to WDW since I was 12, but I think next year is going to be the year to go. I can't wait to relive the magic as an old, weary, food-obsessed coaster geek.