TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you could modify one part of any ride...

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All at Knott's Berry Farm:

I would repaint Silver Bullet's lift hill so it is the same color as the rest of the ride. All red is just....blah!

Give Boomerang some new trains. Could potentially be a decent ride with comfortable trains.

Add topper track to Ghost Rider and THAT'S IT. Keep the trains, layout, and everything; just add topper track (and maybe turn off the MCBR, but doesn't that count as 2?).

The Original Steel Phantom at Kennywood.

The first drop would be made slightly smaller, being about 10 or so meters above ground, and then going directly into a vertical loop. The rest of the layout would of been the same.

Here is a visual example.

I would more airtime hills on Raging Bull.

Heck I would remove the trim brake on the giant hill! And it would be much taller and have a near-vertical drop!

I would also add an inversion somewhere after the MCBR on GateKeeper. It needs it, haha!

I'd make Yolocoaster at SFMM longer. Since it is technically like Revolution 2.0, why not give it a version of that ending spiral before the break run? Really all that would change is instead of hitting the break run after the Top Hat, have the track bank right into a sideways loop sort of thing over the big empty area between the ride and that entrance structure for Yolo's queue then come back around to the break run.

* Ghostrider - Besides all the obvious stuff (topper track, RMT, removing midcourse, etc), mine would be to add banking to the finale helix. I'm probably alone on this, but I hate that unbanked helix.

* Sierra Sidewinder - Add Euro Mir theming/soundtrack.

* YOLOcoaster - Add some track after the tophat.

* Pony Express - Add more track.

* Silver Bullet - Paint it completely silver.

* Boomerang (any of them) - Lapbar only trains, like on the one at Wiener Prater.

* Apocalypse - Make the section after "the tunnel" into a good finale.

* Revolution - Remove the OTSRs.

* Green Lantern - Fix it so that the cars aren't always getting stuck upside down in the station. "Kick your legs!"

* Temple of the No-Hawk - Add some theming or something, so that it's less boring. Poor Ken fell asleep!

* Belmont Park Giant Dipper - Millennium Flyers, or something more like the original trains.

* Santa Monica West Coaster - How do you make this interesting? Spinning cars?

* Journey to Atlantis (San Diego) - Add a darkride section. Same thing for the one at Gardaland.

* Volcano - Add some theming to the indoor sections. Lava monster?

* Stunt Coaster - Enable fishtailing.

* Blue Fire - Replace that turn-thing after the launch with an Intamin tophat.

* Thunder Dolphin - Replace the "trick track" section on top of that weird smelling building with some bunny hops. Bunny hops >> trick track.

* Togo Ultratwisters - Replace switchback with dive loop.

* Goliath @ SFMM - Add some airtime hills.

* B&M Hypercoasters - Replace some hills with zero-g rolls.

* all others - Add Euro Mir soundtrack

The first drop would be made slightly smaller, being about 10 or so meters above ground, and then going directly into a vertical loop. The rest of the layout would of been the same.

I like that idea. Only problem, it would lose it's "hypercoaster" status. I think any coaster over 200 ft should be classed as a hyper coaster - inversions or no inversions. It's the height, not the lack of inversions that make it hyper!

* Santa Monica West Coaster - How do you make this interesting? Spinning cars?

I really kind of like this thing. It's partially because of my non-existant expectations going in because of the boring looking layout combined with the fact that Morgan is known for building some really dull coasters but for what it is... I kind of like it. I don't know why.

I like that idea. Only problem, it would lose it's "hypercoaster" status. I think any coaster over 200 ft should be classed as a hyper coaster - inversions or no inversions. It's the height, not the lack of inversions that make it hyper!

I believe it's the drop through Thunderbolt that gives it hypercoaster status, not the first drop. I think Phantom's about 160-ish feet tall, if I'm not mistaken, and the drop into the ravine is 225 feet.

I would make the Superman Ultimate Flight clones longer, adding a vertical loop after that turn that comes after the pretzel loop. Im sorry but 2 inversions is very weak... especially for a B&M.

I would modify the Main Brake at GASM so it wouldnt cause wiplash if a train is still in the station. I would also retrack it and give it new trains.

I would add another inversion to the Georgia Scorcher, maybe an immelman or a zero-g roll. I love the ride, but its just too short.

Give the Ninja soft OTSR's instead of those hard ones they use now. I think that would make it a more pleasurable ride.