TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Hey all. I'm looking to go to SDC the weekend of May 31 - June 1 as I'm stuck here at Ft Leonard Wood for tech school. I'm wondering if it's going to be slammed either of those days? Also, was wondering if anyone would like to meet up either or those days as I might have to make the trip alone. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ryan.

^I'm sure I've seen some crazed enthusiast actually track down the manufacturer. But in any case, don't they all say something like "Quik Fix" or "Click Fix-It" on them? Something like that, I believe, at least on the Intamins I remember.

Hey all. I'm looking to go to SDC the weekend of May 31 - June 1 as I'm stuck here at Ft Leonard Wood for tech school. I'm wondering if it's going to be slammed either of those days? Also, was wondering if anyone would like to meet up either or those days as I might have to make the trip alone. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ryan.

That is the first week of full season operations for SDC, and coincides with the regular season opening of WhiteWater. As a general note, SDC is busier on Sundays. Sunday is the general resort turnover day for Branson Resorts, and people tend to front load their weeks with the attractions. Just FYI, take the first exit off of HWY 65 on to HWY 465. That route takes you around the north end of. Branson without ever having to drive through the main part of town.

^^^&^^ Thanks! That seat belt actually looks like it's been used for years.

That's not a pic of a seatbelt from Outlaw Run, it is just a picture that popped up when I Googled "Intamin seatbelt". But there are the same type of seatbelt.

^It's funny that once I was doing this activity which involved some courses on trees as well as zip lines and the buckle on the harness looked like that and I thought: this looks like intamin's buckles rather than the other way around.

Going to ride Outlaw Run tomorrow. Anyone have any favorite seats or riding techniques to make for a better ride? Thanks.

Do the last seat in the last car for your first ride, it is amazing

Going to ride Outlaw Run tomorrow. Anyone have any favorite seats or riding techniques to make for a better ride? Thanks.

I would say very front. The sensation of speed is higher, nothing blocking your view which means it is terrifying to look over the drop, it seems to be a tiny bit smoother in the front not that outlaw run is rough you just feel the track segments less. Best way to ride is hands up all the way through, not much if a technique to do because of the shin bar.

I would say very front. The sensation of speed is higher, nothing blocking your view which means it is terrifying to look over the drop, it seems to be a tiny bit smoother in the front not that outlaw run is rough you just feel the track segments less. Best way to ride is hands up all the way through, not much if a technique to do because of the shin bar.

Have to agree. You can't go wrong with any of the rows on Outlaw Run, but the front seat is the best. On a rainy day the lines were so short that I got two rides in a row in the front seat and they were the best I've had. The back is pretty good as well though.

I would recommend the back. The first drop feels like it lasts forever at the back but the front takes away some crazy ejector. The drop off the 153 degrees outside banked turn also gives much better airtime at the back seat. The lateral G force is a bit much at the turn before the brake run though (I recommend sitting on the last row, left side seat because your head won't get punched by the elbow of the people next to you)

My personal favourite is back row. The airtime off the first drop is better, and the hangtime on the barrel rolls is intense. You basically feel like you're floating in mid-air while the coaster spins around you. Like most coasters, front and back rows have the longest lines, and for good reason. But there's not a bad seat in the house.

Can't wait to get there in May. We are spending two days there and it will be my grandpas first time on outlaw run or any of the rides there I should say. Also I wonder what a knex recreation of outlaw run would look like hmmmm.

I'm coming down in mid-June and was wondering when the best time to do the Marvel Cave tour is?

I would say it depends on the conditions. If it is raining is the morning, do it while the weather clears. If there is no weather conditions, then I would say the middle of the day, because I just did it a few days ago and there was no wait for it. Hope this helps!

I remember riding powder keg last year and I could only ride it a couple of times because it was really rough. I had bruises on the sides of my knees. If anyone knows, is it doing better so far.

Are you sure it was Powder Keg? I've never had a rough ride on that one. Thunderation is the only coaster in the park I'd describe as rough.