TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

^Or eating it while riding on the double-down element itself--"doubling down on the double down."

Imagine someone trying to stuff that in your pie hole as you hit the breaks!

Stuff that in your pie hole on Guy's inverted camel toe!

Between these two things, I'm very concerned that this thread has taken a real big turn away from being any sort of PG-13.

I'd like to remind everyone that there's still more to look forward to on August 9. The layout may have been spoiled for many, but the details really make the cake with SDC's rides, and boy are there still a lot of details to reveal. The concept art isn't even that good. You'll be blown away by the footage that will be brought back from when the media is allowed to go down in the valley and get some good shots at the drop and the entrance into that ridiculous over bank. We'll also get to look at the train designs and see what thematic details are in store.

Also, even though less scrupulous sites are throwing the layout out there against the park's wishes, I want to discourage anyone from posting it anywhere. The park has put a lot of effort into making August 9 as special as they can, and this isn't really helping. I'm glad it's creating buzz, but this is a little too much buzz at the wrong time. This is a multimillion dollar undertaking by the park, and as fans we should be supportive any way we can.

^Or eating it while riding on the double-down element itself--"doubling down on the double down."

Imagine someone trying to stuff that in your pie hole as you hit the breaks!

Stuff that in your pie hole on Guy's inverted camel toe!

Between these two things, I'm very concerned that this thread has taken a real big turn away from being any sort of PG-13.

heh heh heh!

This sounds like some new kinda lesbian gang bang kinda position. Me likey!

I can so see this becoming a new film in the 'adult' section of a store... LMAO!

Now how long will it be before people start saying they're going to remove the 'barrel rolls' from the layout?

For all yooz guyz complaining that the ride is too short, I'll give you two words: Iron Shark.

When GIHPP posted the No Limits POV of their coaster, Facebook lit up with comments like "that's IT? I thought you were going to build a real coaster, this thing is TINY!" I'll admit that my enthusiasm for the ride plummeted after seeing the video. It went from "can't wait" to "ok, add the credit."

When it opened, you could hear a few folks in line commenting about how "it's over just about the time it gets started" and some even timed the ride: a mere 20 seconds from top of lift to brake.

TWENTY. SECONDS.

...and do you know how many people complain about it while on the brake run? Zero. There are screams, laughter, a lot of OMGs, and woo-hoo'ing, but the only comment I've heard from the GP after the ride is "that was freaking AWESOME, let's go again!"

And that is music to the ears of any park manager. The trick here is that if you're going to build a short coaster, pack it with enough intensity to be a full-size monster. It's not the track length that creates a badass ride, it's the experience. Cram a lot of stuff into the ride (like SDC have obviously done) and the short length won't matter much. Folks will hit the brake run breathless, dazed, and with their adrenaline pumping. Throwing that amazing barrel roll in right before the brakes practically ensures that returning riders are going to be cheering and clapping all the way back to the station, which pumps up the next load of riders.

The only downside is that if the queues gets insanely long, the shortness of the ride might still be a downer, even with the epic intensity... if this thing has high throughput and the queue is well-done and interesting, even that can be overcome.

Knowing SDC and their attention to detail, I doubt we will have any issues with this ride whatsoever.

I dont see all that OMFG crazy though. Theres an obviously awesome drop, very cool weird twisting turn/hill, then a low turn, a few small hills, cool turn, another cool turn then the barrel rolls. There is no double down/up, thats marketing jazz.

If the layout, which is an NL Layout was exported using CAD information, then the airtime will mostly just be momentary pop of ejector. Which is good but I feel the layouts quite a bit uninspired. Its like they had a few specific elements they wanted to be in the ride no matter what and the goal was how to incorporate them. I just dont at all see a lot of thought that was put into the layout - all the thought went into a few elements.

Which you can read as I think itll be crap and youd be wrong, I think itll be an exceptionally fun ride. I just think itll lack either a bit of length or more substance. Id prefer to see the hills with a more circular radius and maybe a helix and few more turns.

Still, going to be quite an unusual and unique ride. I think it will be that way for quite a bit too.

Outlaw is my most anticipated coaster for 2013.

As of right now. I am waiting to hear Six Flags announcement on the 30th. We also have the CF announcements coming up as well. Not to mention all the little independent parks. Who knows? Things can change and often do. But as of right now, this is my most anticipated coaster of 2013. Provided we're not all dead by then.

Here are some new pics from Major Havoc on SDCFans (and maybe here as well?): http://twitpic.com/aenlgb

This thing is still shaping up nicely. In the photo I linked to directly you can see how much difference there is between the first drop and that little hop, so the train will be flying through this section and probably giving a good amount of air. It truly is a double up and double down in this section because of the way it is going down one hillside into a valley and then up the other side. It's hard to see from the vantage point we have had to work with so far.

Outlaw is my most anticipated coaster for 2013.

As of right now. I am waiting to hear Six Flags announcement on the 30th. We also have the CF announcements coming up as well. Not to mention all the little independent parks. Who knows? Things can change and often do. But as of right now, this is my most anticipated coaster of 2013. Provided we're not all dead by then.

Maybe there will be more "GICT" elements introduced...

I don't know if this is my most anticipated 2013 coaster so far after looking at RCDB. I've seen database entries for a Mack launched coaster with inversions for a park in Russia, plus a new Intamin LSM launch coaster at a park in Turkey. And that's only what's been confirmed!

It looks like 2013 will be an awesome year.