TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Worlds steepest drop on wood coaster 81 degrees? (how steep is T express)

Worlds secong fastest coaster at 68mph? (I thought Hades went 70mph)

Worlds first outside banked turn on wood coaster ( is the element that we've been all drooling about?)

Worlds first double barrel roll on wood coaster!

I really doubt this was intentional. SDC just doesn't operate that way. It looks every bit like a stupid goof from an inexperienced web dev who didn't realize how much interest was behind this. Please don't go and post the layout and ruin their efforts at a big reveal.

Good to hear the layout is exciting though. I didn't see the layout, so I'm still in at least some suspense for the big announcement. Hopefully this will only kill some of the buzz for the enthusiasts and not the GP.

I really doubt this was intentional. SDC just doesn't operate that way.

Agreed.

It would probably be best if any images of the leaked layout does not get posted on this forum. Everyone will find out in 10 days so you guys don't have too much longer to wait!

So, if you were able to get a screenshot, please refrain from posting it. Thanks!

Eric (TPR Moderator)

Edited by ernierocker

On an upnote though, the layout sounds OK. It's about what I thought, short and sweet with another big element. It's kind of like Wildfire 2.0.

In some ways I was hoping for something more focused on airtime and traditional thrills, but you can't complain with this thing. It's interesting though that the park chose this instead of something more family oriented. The busiest ride in the park is Powderkeg, and that is largely due to it's low 42 inch height restriction. TGS is also very popular, again largely because it is thrilling yet shorter people can ride. You'd have thought they would have gone with something for the youngerish crowd, but I'm sure this will actually draw more people just due to the effects of marketing. I just don't think it's a decision they would have made in the past...

If they get a G-fighter on top of this as has been rumored, then the park will have three major thrill coasters, making it very competitive regionally with Six Flags and Worlds of Fun. In the past, I think they were actually competing nationally, even against Disney world when that was just getting started. Just something to think about when you look back at their history and the choices in attractions that they've made.

Great post!

And I know it's great to have variety and keep the families there but no doubt the choice of more thrill oriented rides is a wise one.

A little sad to hear it's short...IDK the space available at SDC but I just imagined a huge sprawling coaster.

This sounds promising a double barrel roll on wood. I learned to late about it, I want to see it. Just have to wait ten days for that, but if that's not the big release over 10 days ( what I honestly doubt) i want a screenshot.

Worlds steepest drop on wood coaster 81 degrees? (how steep is T express)

Worlds secong fastest coaster at 68mph? (I thought Hades went 70mph)

Worlds first outside banked turn on wood coaster ( is the element that we've been all drooling about?)

Worlds first double barrel roll on wood coaster!

1. T-Express has a 77 degree drop, one degree steeper then El Toro (SFGADV)

2. Hades goes 60 mph the record for speed on a wooden coaster goes El Toro at 70 mph, Silver Dollar Cities at 68 mph, and the Voyage at 67 mph considering SOB is going away.

3. Yes

VERY excited for this coaster, sounds like it is going to be INSANE, hope Rocky Mountain will get the inversion correct unlike RCCA.

I respect that people want to be surprised and that we should also respect SDC's PR department (who probably had no control over this accidental leak), but if anyone that managed to get a screencap would private message me a way to see it, I would be eternally grateful.

If not, that's okay, too.

Thanks guys. I'm pretty excited for this coaster. I love Silver Dollar City [it's grown a lot over my 23 short years of life]

The website preview did say that it was basically just a test in the URL itself, and all they had up were some of the specs, the layout, a few somewhat crappy screenshots of the ride, the name of the ride, the manufacturer, and one crazy logo thing. They had links for videos and more, but no videos were posted on there yet - that's when I realized the site was incomplete. I don't think they anticipated anyone actually realizing the site was up, as it was just a test!

Edited by The Yeti

The website preview did say that it was basically just a test in the URL itself, and all they had up were some of the specs, the layout, a few somewhat crappy screenshots of the ride, the name of the ride, and one crazy logo thing.

So basically, it was a full blown announcement.

I know of at least one POV video that will be shared. Again, that leak was almost definitely unintentional and the website was incomplete. Web developers often throw stuff up on a server for the client to monitor while in development, but most good developers use different servers with different urls, and when there is any sort of privacy involved they put a login on it like they have done now. This was just silly the way they had it out there like that.

One good thing about this announcement is that we don't have to fret about the rumors of OSTR's anymore though. Sounds like the new RMC trains are pretty cool.

Besides the Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter cars, does any other coaster with a barrel roll have lap bar restraints?

Can't think of any off the top of my head.. I'm sure there's a few though.

Anyway, this sounds like quite the intense coaster! Double barrel roll? No one saw that coming. I'm just interested in seeing how they'll pull it off.