TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Taking even more advantage of my Plus account, I just downloaded the Magic The Gathering game they had on there. I used to play Magic back in high school, so playing this is a bit nostalgic to me. It was a fun game as well, I still even have my cards. Also still messing around with Oddworld (I keep forgetting to save, spoiled by today's games auto saving for me) pretty much starting back at the beginning. Nothing's more funny then getting a group of Mudokans (Abe characters) together, smack one, then run off. The rest of them then start smacking each other until one dies...then they get depressed and suicidal!

Been replaying Mass Effect 1...I kind-of think it's better than the second one. The combat isn't as refined and revised, but there is just so much more to do in ME1. It's a much bigger RPG than ME2, and there are about 40x the amount of equipment that you can get in Mass Effect 2. For instance, in ME2 there were TWO assault rifles (three if you were soldier). In Mass Effect 1, there are 17 brands of assault rifles, each with 10 models. Given for some slack with a few models that were cut (like some inbetween ones on specific brands), that's 150 guns. And that's just assault rifles, not even counting all the other types of weapons and all of their hundreds of attachments, armors, amps, and ammo types. I can't believe they CUT all this in Mass Effect 2 to resort to 2 or 3 guns of each type. That's like cutting out the RPG aspect.

Also, the planets are free to roam in the Mako in ME1, which I really like. It just makes the game way more RPG like. There are also more side missions in ME1. It's just funny how they cut a lot of this stuff out in the second game. Here's to hoping they bring some of it back in the third!

^ Though the console version of ME1 had a brutal inventory system to handle all those items.

It would take like 15 minutes to sell all the crap that you picked up on a mission.

Hopefully ME3 will have a happy medium. More variety of items, without making it impossible to manage.

Downloaded InFAMOUS as my first welcome back Ps3 game. Will probably wait a few days to download the second (don't want to go over internet bandwidth).

Also downloaded the first access demo of Duke Nukem Forever and loved it. I can't wait to pick up the full game this week.

I've been playing L.A. Noire like crazy. Finally beat it this weekend. It's an incredible game that is really like nothing else out there. I got the Rockstar Pass so I have been playing the DLC too. They are excellent add-ons that have been a lot of fun to play. I'm really looking forward to more DLC.

Just today, I got the first dlc content for the new MK. This one has the classic costumes for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Kitana, Mileena, and Jade. It was a great deal for 5 dollars, plus, you also get 3 classic fatalities: Scorpion's fire-breath, Reptile's head muncher, and Sub-Zero's infamous spine-rip!

Borderlands is such an addicting game. I love how it's a hybrid RPG/FPS, those two categories just tie together so well. I have yet to try the multiplayer, but I'm having so much fun with the single player I don't feel the need to do the multiplayer

Also pretty much every summer I start playing Runescape again, and this summer is no different. I've got a level 114 guy with balanced combat stats.

^FPS and me are never a good thing, I always end up stuck in corners, which is what happened in that game.

I just begrudgingly started playing Rift. It's not bad, but it seems to be missing something. I like the rifts, but the questing seems really boring and there are WAAAAAYYY too many spec options.

So, just to get a bit of a solid discussion going, are there any games that you guys are pre-ordering?

I'm planning on going for my first pre-order ever with Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim later this year. I've never played an ES title in my life, but man, does this game still look amazing. Plus, the pre-order comes with a physical map of the world, and that's always helpful.

^ Actually, you do get a bonus car with a Forza 4 preorder, depending on where you preorder it from. Amazon gets a Subaru Impreza WRX STI, Best Buy gets a BMW 1 Series M Coupe, GameStop gets an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde, Wal-Mart gets a MINI John Cooper Works Clubman, and Target gets a Honda CR-Z EX. I'm going to order mine from Amazon (mainly because I have an Impreza in real life, lol), but all of them seem pretty cool.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

Would be playing Ocarina of Time 3D right now. I was at Target earlier and noticed the Zelda game on the shelf, appearing to be the last one left. I thought "Oh cool! I'm going to get it a day ahead of time!" After getting the worker over, he told me that it's not available yet...very misleading how they have it set up. Yes, I know release date is tomorrow but I know some places have let things slip in the past. Bummed, no Zelda yet, gotta wait a whopping 12 hours to get my copy now, lol.

Update: Got my copy of Ocarina of Time 3D. Amazing game! Slightly updated graphics, same classic Zelda feel. On my way to Death Mountain now. Also, the aiming system and looking system with gyro sensors work pretty good, was a bit nervous about that. Target had a buy one get one 50% off deal going on so I also snagged a copy of Ridge Racer 3D, looked cool.

Also bought Ocarina of Time 3D. It's amazing, and Easily the best 3DS title I've played so far! I was originally going to buy it at Target, but the Target my friend and I went to only ordered about 4 copies, and we arrived 1/2 hour after opening, so they were sold out. We were originally going to go straight home, but I convinced my friend to go to Wal-Mart, and they had at least 5 or 6 copies on the shelves, so yay for that!