TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

^^^

That Donkey Kong (94) Gameboy game was AMAZING!!! I ORIGINALLY purchased that game along with "Super Gameboy" cartridge for the Super Nintendo (where you can play all Gameboy games on the big screen... however made certain gameboy titles "Color" on your television)... (and that was the most expensive Gameboy purchase I made in one clump... $60 for the SNES attachment and $30 for the game... $98 total with tax... yikes for one GB game... but it was worth it!...)...I loved that the game started with the original 4 levels of the arcade game... then all the rules went out the window for the remaining 90 levels (or so) to create one of the greatest puzzle/platorm games out there... I still have my original Gameboy game (not sure the Gameboy works though) with that Super Gameboy SNES attachment! What and awesome game! Nintendo should release a remake or follow up title for WiiWare...

I am currently playing a couple of "classic" (and a newer one) downloaded games...

Super Adventure Island II - downloaded on Wii Virtual Console (originally an SNES game)... AWESOME game!

Clu Clu Land - Wii Virtual Console (NES game) - I NEVER understood this game growing up... I didn't "get" that you were "drawing" a picture... I just thought it was a crazy bad Pac-Man clone... so I had 500 Wii points to burn... and I watched some YouTube videos on the game... then decided it was time to learn... damn this game is difficult... but OH SO FUN and addictive... I'm so glad I persisted on learning Clu Clu Land... now if my partner would be interested in learning too, we could play in co-op mode... but I doubt that will happen...

Beyond Good and Evil HD - XBLA - one of my favorite Gamecube games... and still holds up amazingly today... Completed it last week... and went RIGHT back to starting it over...

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - XBLA - Seems to be a great "Metroidvania" style of game... AMAZING graphic style along with its very fun gameplay... only about an hour or so into it... Fun so far...

Castlevania:Symphony of the Night - PSOne/XBLA - Just finished the game on XBLA (for the first time since I lost my PSOne disc by lending it to somebody and didn't return it!...) I haven't played this game in MANY years... and time has treated it well... I missed SO many secrets... going to start the game again to try to get more of the game covered... Like the upsidedown castle... yikes...

^^^

That Donkey Kong (94) Gameboy game was AMAZING!!! I ORIGINALLY purchased that game along with "Super Gameboy" cartridge for the Super Nintendo (where you can play all Gameboy games on the big screen... however made certain gameboy titles "Color" on your television)... (and that was the most expensive Gameboy purchase I made in one clump... $60 for the SNES attachment and $30 for the game... $98 total with tax... yikes for one GB game... but it was worth it!...)...I loved that the game started with the original 4 levels of the arcade game... then all the rules went out the window for the remaining 90 levels (or so) to create one of the greatest puzzle/platorm games out there... I still have my original Gameboy game (not sure the Gameboy works though) with that Super Gameboy SNES attachment! What and awesome game! Nintendo should release a remake or follow up title for WiiWare...

I still have my original cart but the battery backup system died on it. Fortunately now I have it on the 3DS so I don't have to worry about the battery backup failing.

Mario Vs Donkey Kong for the GBA was a revival to this game though it doesn't feel the same. No more cries of help or bonus games (that I remember).

• 2 weeks later...
Just finished Portal 1 (after finishing Portal 2 a while back) and have just started Half Life 2. I'm a bit worred as I have a real problem with scary stuff in games!

Don't worry, unless you have a problem with bugs, you shouldn't have any problems. Unless you play the Episodes, which are a heck of a lot more terrifying.

Oh, and whatever you do, stay out of Ravenholm!

^ Working your way backwards through the Half Life franchise?

Haha actually yes! I picked up Portal 2 when it came out and enjoyed it so much got the Orange Box for PS3.

Don't worry, unless you have a problem with bugs, you shouldn't have any problems. Unless you play the Episodes, which are a heck of a lot more terrifying.

Oh, and whatever you do, stay out of Ravenholm!

Bugs I'm okay with. Zombies and creepy stuff gets me, like the dudes in Uncharted 1 or the Morgue level in Arkham Asylum. I had to mute the tv when I played that! Also, what's in Ravenholm?

Tonight I finished Assassain's Creed 2, and I thought it was a great improvement over the already impressive original. I can't wait to play brotherhood and the new Revelations!

Brotherhood dominates all that was AC 2, Revelations is going to dominate Brotherhood haha. This series just keeps getting better and better. I hear after they finish Ezio's story in Revelations they're going to move things to Civil War era USA and involve the Illuminauti and the Free Masons with the next game.

I hear after they finish Ezio's story in Revelations they're going to move things to Civil War era USA and involve the Illuminauti and the Free Masons with the next game.

I am in love with this idea. Although I was keen on the Japan Samuraii rumour I heard.

I'm playing through L.A. Noire at the moment. It's an epic game.

I hear after they finish Ezio's story in Revelations they're going to move things to Civil War era USA and involve the Illuminauti and the Free Masons with the next game.

I am in love with this idea. Although I was keen on the Japan Samuraii rumour I heard.

I'm playing through L.A. Noire at the moment. It's an epic game.

Ooh I didn't even think about Samauri Either way is good with me, time will tell.