TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Seeing as this is my first Elder Scrolls game, I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing. Am I doomed? Should I try to narrow my specialization a bit? Or should I not worry about keeping it broad?

Elder Scrolls games are all about playing the game the way you want to play. I see no problem with playing a diverse game. As long as you enjoy it and aren't finding it too much of a challenge, then go for it.

I'd say probably the only downside to playing such a diverse way is maybe missing out on some of the top level perks that require high skill ratings.

(Okay kill me now)

I am officially a bad Wii owner, as today, I bought Twilight Princess and played it for the first time.

Yes, the Wii has been out for five years, and I just started playing Twilight Princess today...

And Skyward Sword just came out....

Took you long enough

In all seriousness, TP's a great game. I need to dig mine up as I want to play that again.

Ghirahim is not just creepy - he is absolutely insane.

You'll find out later why...

I'll be looking forward to that when I get to that point in the game.

I'm now inside the Earth Temple, just got the bomb bag.

Aaaaaaaaaand I just bought Skyward Sword at Gamestop with one of the several dozen gift cards I recieved for my birthday.

The only problem now is... will I finish Twilight Princess before the temptation of Skyward becomes too great?

Currently in TP I'm at the Fire Temple (favorite area so far) and just got the first Key Shard, so I'm sure I have a very long way to go.

So far my favorite game moment was when you chased the monster who kidnapped one of the kids, and then faced off on the Bridge Of Eldin.

Going back and forth between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword is truly maddening, because of how imprecise the motion control in Twilight Princess is compared to Skyward Sword. Don't do it. You'll thank me later. Twilight Princess is still a great game though. Keep at it.

I have the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess, so it doesn't affect me. I have played the Wii version though. I like it better graphically because it's in widescreen.

When grabbing some games earlier, I ended up picking up Disneyland Adventures for the Kinect. If you're a Disney nerd or love Disneyland/theme parks, I'd totally get it. They did an amazing recreation of the park (Gadget's Go Coaster actually looks like a Vekoma Roller Skater, not something GP-ish). You get to run around in the park doing different quests and play games based off the popular attractions. Cool stuff I'd say.

I'm taking my time with Skyward Sword. Last night I cleared the second dungeon and am now in that mine area on my way to the 3rd. What sucks is now, the batteries in my wireless sensor bar are dead, my original sensor bar's destroyed thanks to my cat and my game's on pause. I could pick up some cheap batteries but I'd prefer to pick up some rechargeables this weekend. Until then, Link will be adventuring in the 'pause' world where everything including himself is static indefinitely.

Until then, I'll probably be playing some MW3 and Link's Awakening DX.

Fallout 3 has been my number one favorite game, until just a few weeks ago. Skyrim is hands down one of the best games I have ever played, it's Fallout on steroids, absolutely amazing.

Also I have MW3 as my current multiplayer game, its just as fun as the other CoD games and way better than Black ops.

I got around to testing out my Sharp Shooter setup, pretty sweet, as much as I'm adjusting to the controls and tweaking the settings for it to feel right given the tighter spaces I have. Killzone and Golden Eye are pretty awesome with the SS Setup. Definitely does not feel like a 'novelty' thing, actually quite functional. While my walking around right now sucks (getting used to things) my aim is tons better as opposed to using joysticks

I'm just looking for some people that would be playing together, and just for fun, on the playstation network. If we are enough we might be able to create a clan from TPR members.

Here is my PSN gamer tag : fdelhomez.

Hope you like this idea!

Fabien "wanna frag with TPR" Delhomez.

I'm just looking for some people that would be playing together, and just for fun, on the playstation network. If we are enough we might be able to create a clan from TPR members.

Here is my PSN gamer tag : fdelhomez.

Hope you like this idea!

Fabien "wanna frag with TPR" Delhomez.

Please use the search function as we already have a video game thread. I have merged this in here for you.

The Oregon Trail on Wii... my copy arrived in the mail yesterday...I've played through chapter one of the first (out of four) story... fun so far...

Also chipping away at The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (but haven't played it for a couple of weeks now... still outside the third dungeon...)

^You sound like me. I haven't played in a couple weeks because of 1: got lazy, haven't played much of anything due to the Santa Claw other than LittleBigPlanet and 2: I have a wireless sensor bar for the Wii since my cat demolished the stock sensor bar cord. It eats through batteries quite fast and I just never got around to picking up rechargable batteries for it. Now that I have them, I picked back up on it and am trying to figure my way into the 3rd dungeon. I went into the first room and powered on a thing (generator?) and made way into a second room where I drained the sand. From there I'm stuck but I'll wing it. I refuse to use any sort of strategy guide, "Lets Play" or walk-through as that is committing a major sin in the video game world...especially for a Zelda game.

^You sound like me. I haven't played in a couple weeks because of 1: got lazy, haven't played much of anything due to the Santa Claw other than LittleBigPlanet and 2: I have a wireless sensor bar for the Wii since my cat demolished the stock sensor bar cord. It eats through batteries quite fast and I just never got around to picking up rechargable batteries for it. Now that I have them, I picked back up on it and am trying to figure my way into the 3rd dungeon. I went into the first room and powered on a thing (generator?) and made way into a second room where I drained the sand. From there I'm stuck but I'll wing it. I refuse to use any sort of strategy guide, "Lets Play" or walk-through as that is committing a major sin in the video game world...especially for a Zelda game.

In the "Don't wanna break my TV by throwing a Wii-mote through it out of frustration" world, strategy guides are a must.