TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR - Closing day at CP

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pic's. I love Cedar Point, only been there once mind, all 16 hours worth in a day.

Magnum, MF, Gemini, Mean Streak, Blue Streak and Raptor were running well.

I plan to visit the park again in 2008 for 2 days

Mavarick looks an amazing fun ride with it's double LIM launch, inversions and tunnel.

deano - the wait for MF was about 30 min during the day and about 15 min once the sun went down... Since daylight savings time ending Sat night, we had a bonus hour of night rides!

raptorcrew, I wonder why they don't install anti-rollbacks on the climb to the MCBR. That doesn't sound like too hard of a thing to do... But maybe it is.

As for camera gear, since so many peeps are asking, it's a Canon digi Rebel XT, and for the long shots I used a 75-300 zoom. That lens is for film cameras and the sensor in the rebel is smaller than 35mm film, so in effect the max focal length is ~450mm. Then some cropping, which jobber noticed with some noise in the images, which I probably coulda reduce by using a lower ISO since it was so sunny. Next time. I'd love to have a sweet lens long enough to shoot that in camera, but you're starting to talk about lenses that cost $10-40k. I'll stick to cropping for now!

Snoo snoo that's hilarious that you see yourself in the pic! And prominently featured too! I was wondering if anyone would see themselves in a pic, but I thought the odds were too high! Hope you had a great time! Wasn't it an amazing day?

*whistles*

Amazing. Just amazing.

Best were the Magnum pictures, though... perfect nerd shots for my personal favourite coaster.

Again, thanks very much, and great photo angles. You've basically succeeded where I tried and failed a few weeks ago.

EDIT:

Please, please someone tell me Raptor Joe returned this season to work the platform and or she was on it for the roll back?

Noticed yesterday that she posted this on PB:

You know you're in trouble when you're heading to Raptor for Joe Cool and 4 of the Raptor crew are stopping me on the way to tell me Raptor was down and why. I freaked for 2 reasons. 1, like an idiot I had my camera in my hand before I left the house and decided NOT to take it.

After seeing Raptor and taking tons of camera phone pics, ran to Pagoda to price a throw away camera and about fell over. With tax $17.00! I almost fell over!! (maybe that price included processing? ha ha) Instead hubby and I jumped in my truck, drove to WalMart and spent $4.00 (FOUR) dollars with tax for the same damn camera. Came back and used 20 of the 24 shots on my down baby. We even rode Cadillac Cars and Cedar Downs so I could get the best shots

Reason 2, besides 2003 (when Raptor was down mechanical on CD) it was the 1st year since '99 I didn't get on the last GP train of the season.

Sucked. No rides yesterday and last night just was not the same without that last ride!

We did however ride Banshee (front car) and if you keep your eyes closed the B&M roar sounds remarkably like my baby!

I found it pretty funny all day how people kept stopping me to ask me/tell me about Raptor

Oh well, there's always next year!!!

Jo

Lifetime Raptor flights: 1163

I saw you alot during the day, back by Maverick, by MF, and by TTD. Looks like you did well

Want to know whats even MORE weird? Your not the only pic i've found of me...

http://www.pointpixels.com/4images/details.php?image_id=10336

Someone got to me first!! LOL! Finding one pic of me once... crazy... finding it TWICE?? Insane.

I'm a popular man I assume...

I did have a great day though... 3 laps on MF and TTD respectively, hit every other coaster WORTH waiting for... whored Corkscrew 6 times (why, dont ask me ) every major flat. One of my best days at CP honestly, and my first closing day. Gonna make it a tradition from now on though.

by the way, thanks for the new background

I saw you alot during the day, back by Maverick, by MF, and by TTD. Looks like you did well

Want to know whats even MORE weird? Your not the only pic i've found of me...

http://www.pointpixels.com/4images/details.php?image_id=10336

Someone got to me first!! LOL! Finding one pic of me once... crazy... finding it TWICE?? Insane.

I'm a popular man I assume...

I did have a great day though... 3 laps on MF and TTD respectively, hit every other coaster WORTH waiting for... whored Corkscrew 6 times (why, dont ask me ) every major flat. One of my best days at CP honestly, and my first closing day. Gonna make it a tradition from now on though.

by the way, thanks for the new background

About damn time you joined TPR, Snoo...

Because this site needs a hard SnooSnoo.

I used a 75-300 zoom. That lens is for film cameras and the sensor in the rebel is smaller than 35mm film, so in effect the max focal length is ~450mm. Then some cropping, which jobber noticed with some noise in the images, which I probably coulda reduce by using a lower ISO since it was so sunny. Next time. I'd love to have a sweet lens long enough to shoot that in camera, but you're starting to talk about lenses that cost $10-40k. I'll stick to cropping for now!?

Ahhh. That makes more sense. I did notice some cropping, but otherwise pictures were nicely laid out.

Guess its just been awhile since Ive really tried doing those super long range stuff.

Till next year...

Wow! I really like those pictures. The Mellennium Force photos were terrific! Nice job.

By the way, tonight is Halloween, and I decided to have a little differnet Halloween. I don't have any pictures right now, but I migt in a couple of months or so. I got this cardboard box and wrapped the whole thing in shiny blue wrapping paper. Then (it was a large box) I cut a hole in the bottem and on the top. Next, I printed out the melenium Force and Cedar Point logos and tapped them to the front of the box. Finally, I got in the box, and, yes, I was walking, but still! I had a big blue shiny box around my whole body, with Mellennium Force on it. So I was the front car on Mellennium Force!!! I jelled my hair up, so it's like blowing in the wind, so it looks cool. Did anybody else do something of this sort? But, anyway, I love the pictures man. oh, and, sorry I couldn't put this post on another thread, since this one has to do with cedar Point, and it is close to Halloween. SO...you know.

HAPPY HALLOWEEEN