TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The only reason I am disappointed in a wingrider is I would have loved to see a great (Intamin or perhaps Rocky Mountain) along the beach. Nothing says classic amusement park more than a woodie along the beach. Granted Cedar Point seems like they could care less about keeping or trying to replicate anything classic.

Cedar Point's facebook just posted this picture with this caption:

"Watch out for inversions and (!%!@@!#%(!@!!^ You didn't think we would give away 2013 THAT easy did you?"

315387_10150925879071463_1401416630_n.jpg.9a2e62d4ee7e8e9b4e44272d806f1e2f.jpg

rcdb.jpg.0a3d6172b2740e2139e72b6fb30b1fea.jpg

Steel Force's sign. Eyes look similar to anyone? (credit to Carl Ragan from RCDB)

^Hmm...Juding from the eyes of what's going to be the ride's logo, here's some name suggestion that CP should consider

1. Ghost Flyer

2. Beach Beast

3. Wild Thing (again)

4. Son of Raptor

5. It came from Lake Eire!

6. Leviathan (again)

7. Phantom's Phlight

8. Seahawk

9. Sandusky Serpent

10. Flying Python

Back again with transformation of the characters on their Facebook post, taken from another Facebook users comment.

‎(!%!@@!#%(!@!!^ corresponds to the numbers below those symbols on your keyboard: 915122135912116. Invert those numbers to get 611219531221519. Each number is a letter of the alphabet 6=F 1=A 12=L 19=S 5=E 3=C 12=L 21=U 5=E 19=S. Change it and you get FALSE CLUES. Put that into the original phrase and you get: "Watch out for inversions and FALSE CLUES."

Back again with transformation of the characters on their Facebook post, taken from another Facebook users comment.

‎(!%!@@!#%(!@!!^ corresponds to the numbers below those symbols on your keyboard: 915122135912116. Invert those numbers to get 611219531221519. Each number is a letter of the alphabet 6=F 1=A 12=L 19=S 5=E 3=C 12=L 21=U 5=E 19=S. Change it and you get FALSE CLUES. Put that into the original phrase and you get: "Watch out for inversions and FALSE CLUES."

For a moment, I will pretend CP is getting something better than a BM wing-rider.

Edited by Intaman

Actually, I was somewhat surprised CP would get an "inverted" wing-rider. I suppose I expected something more unique or more BAM! Personally, wing-riders thrill me less than MF, TTD, or Maverick. That said, I would hope this particular wing-rider dazzles.

I'm really not going to miss Space Spiral - I haven't been on that since 2001-2002. It was one of the few rides I rode when I was deathly afraid of coasters when I was a kid. In 2002, after I rode MF - that all changed and Space Spiral went to the wayside on the list of rides that I do now as opposed to then.

As for Disaster Transport? I'm very 50/50 on it - It was one of the first big rides I ever had been on and also I like it to the extent of how sci-fi fans have cult classic movies they like. Well, that might not be the best word choice, but I'm really drawing up a blank for the words to use in the creative department about the ride. I will miss the ride for the air conditioning though, haha, that was the best part of the ride. Who cared about the capacity? At least you got to stand in there in the cool air for 30 minutes to an hour - on really hot Sandusky days and nights, that was a blessing.

Thanks for the memories, SS and DT.

^I think the Cult-Classic example you used actually fits Disaster Transport quite well. I only rode the ride once, but all this discussion has brought back a little bit of what I remember from riding it. It was one of those things you rode and went: Huh, that was kinda cool. Let's go ride Maverick! Filler, but nice filler. If the ride's expiration date has arrived and the ride is no longer a valued asset (Wildcat) then let it ascend to coaster heaven.

When was the last time a new coaster at CP got a generic name?

The only coaster at Cedar Point that has kind of a generic name is Corkscrew!

But, as for the new B&M Wing Rider coaster's name should be "Astrohawk"!