TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

So I've heard that Memorial Day can be a pretty slow day at the park; can anyone confirm this from past experience?

Eh pretty hit or miss. Depending on the weather and being a new ride year (although it won't be open) it could be busy as the weather is supposed to be very nice here Monday.

I have gone on either 4 or 5 Memorial Days and only once was it anything other than dead. That day was also the only one where the weather was really nice. I'd assume there's a connection between those and say that since the weather is supposed to be pretty awesome tomorrow that many people are going to go to the park. It's a risk that could pay off if you are willing to take it, but in my experience I'd say that tomorrow will probably have a decent amount of people at the park.

This is a very bizarre and obscure question, but hopefully there's someone nerdy enough out there to know the answer.

I noticed that Mantis has the "old style" air gates where the bar that opens the gates extends to the ceiling as opposed to the mechanicals being located under the floor. Raptor (and every other coaster), however, has that newer style, despite opening two years earlier. Does this imply that Mantis was the first coaster at the park to open with air gates and the rest had them added some time after, or am I spewing utter nonsense? I couldn't find any pictures of Mantis' station, but I know Double Loop at GL had a similar setup, just for reference.

And speaking of Raptor, it was running great on Friday (and it was especially forceful in the last row!), and it's always-speedy crew was pumping out trains regularly at or just under the one-minute mark.

I was planning on going to CP next month with a group of buddies but i had a question for y'all. One of the guys going is a pretty big guy, maybe 6'3" 270 or so. I was curious about how 'fat friendly' some of the coasters are? Especially Millennium Force/TTD, cause i heard some horror stories about them. Also, I already know Twister would probably be out of the question cause i've seen some far from large people get booted off it.

Just as a reference, we went to Kings Island last year and he was good on everything but Drop Zone.

It's all based on body shape I think...I'm 6' and 265 but my weight is very spread out as I'm just a big guy. I rode everything at CP no problem but anyone with a slightly larger gut or legs than me would probably have trouble. As for Wicked Twister, I found it much easier to fit on than MF or TTD because of the insanely short seat belts those 2 coasters have.

It looks great! Too bad in about 2 years, it'll look like the rest of the ride lighting in the park...

I really wish that they would maintain the ride lighting better. The lights on MF lift hill, the lights of top of Power Tower... it all needs to be taken care of!

-=CoasterBP

It looks great! Too bad in about 2 years, it'll look like the rest of the ride lighting in the park...

I really wish that they would maintain the ride lighting better. The lights on MF lift hill, the lights of top of Power Tower... it all needs to be taken care of!

-=CoasterBP

Yes! Nailed it!

I believe what s happening with Windseeker at Cedar Point is the seats are moving around too much in the air (apparently the seats are hitting into eachother somehow in the air). Did anyone else notice how they're adding what appears to be shock absorbers as a brace to the one at Canada's Wonderland? This may be the problem with CP's and considering how windy it can get by the lake, this could be a ride with a lot down time from wind.

Hey CP Fans, It's that time again!!

I have a Getaway Guide 2011 that I will not be able to put to good use. First person that PM's me "I want a Getaway Guide" has it. I guarantee it will be in the mail by Saturday! Good Luck!