TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ That's not really why they do it though. It's to be able to make a marketable claim, and the claim can't be false (the internet would reveal that), so they really must have the most if they want to make the claim. This has been Cedar Point's thing for years and it's worked for them.

It's to be able to make a marketable claim, and the claim can't be false...

What about their self-appointed "Best Everything" marketing a few years back? The day Cedar Point has the "best food", I'll eat my hat... which on some days would be considerably more appetizing.

^ But that's based on opinions, not facts. If you say you have the "best everything" people may agree or disagree. You can't argue who has more coasters though. That's a fact, and if Cedar Point disagreed then they'd be sued for false advertising.

Seriously though, I don't even listen to the insane claims parks make anymore.

You can't argue who has more coasters though. That's a fact, and if Cedar Point disagreed then they'd be sued for false advertising.

That hasn't stopped Marineland from advertising Dragon Mountain as the worlds largest steel roller coaster for the last 20 years.

I was out at the park yesterday and noticed something a little odd. Just outside of the Mine Ride's maintenance shed there was a large plastic crate containting what appeared to be a stuffed coyote. Does anyone know who put it there or why it is there in the first place?

Edited by BigDipper 80

Now I would rather see a new trill ride rather than a kiddie coaster, but... If they could do a nice kiddie wooden coaster, such as Woodstock Express at Kings Island, would be a decent kiddie coaster... give the little ones a little more variety than your average kiddie coaster. But as I said, I would still rather see a new thrill ride.

^

That's what I was hoping! Like the Ghoaster Coaster at KD, a kid woodie would be a great and still creative addition. Many Cedar Fair parks like Carowinds, KD, KI have a kiddie woodie...plus, it's a good ride for adults, too.

Now I would rather see a new trill ride rather than a kiddie coaster, but... If they could do a nice kiddie wooden coaster, such as Woodstock Express at Kings Island, would be a decent kiddie coaster... give the little ones a little more variety than your average kiddie coaster. But as I said, I would still rather see a new thrill ride.

See, I really don't consider them as kiddie coasters. ...More like junior or family coasters. There's a big difference in my opinion.

With that said, something like Woodstock Express would definitely be a good addition to the park.

^ But that's based on opinions, not facts. If you say you have the "best everything" people may agree or disagree. You can't argue who has more coasters though. That's a fact, and if Cedar Point disagreed then they'd be sued for false advertising.

Seriously though, I don't even listen to the insane claims parks make anymore.

But you have to look at how this "war" got started.It got started in such a way that both parks knew they'd be able to sell more season passes to enthusiasts,at least in the minds of the marketing dept. to offset the actual expenditures of the rides themselves.

A big part of why CP hasn't continued the coaster count as of late is due in part to the local economy.They rely on folks from the Detroit market as part of their revenue & those folks aren't attending the park in as great a number as in years past simply because they no longer have the disposable income to do so.Adding flats that are marketable & high capacity is just as good for the park as it gives others something to enjoy & it helps keep the crowds at the coasters managable.

Does anyone in the northern Ohio area know when the local schools go back into session? I'm looking to visit the park sometime this August (as early as the 13th), but I was wondering when the crowds might become lighter.

Thanks!

Home from first trip to CP...It will NOT be the last. The family had an incredible time and we can't wait to go back....Didn't make two coasters.. Raptor and Magnum XL, got tired of waiting... LOVED TTD and Millenium Force and Maverick... Mean Streak was good for a woodie, Corkscrew was Ok, but rattled me around and was way too short.

Miley Cyrus visited the park today. All the employees went berserk.

That's all I had to say.

....meh don't really care, I hope she had to wait in line for stuff just like everybody else there. If not then she is no different than other snobs that go to parks and cut lines because they think they are 'special'.