TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Just saw this on T.V, has anyone else seen the new Maverick spots? The only thing that sticks out to me is that they call it the worlds only terror coaster... . Also it looks like the "Prospector" is going to be a major character.

EDIT: Also theres a new blog

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/index.cfm

They're not calling it a terror coaster, they're calling it a terra-coaster...

Terra as in terrain, I think.

The update is fantastic. With regards to the tunnel, will it totally be dark or will they have some type of lighting effect?

From Tony & Tyler:

The tunnel is still a surprise. In fact, we're not going to even mention it - you'll have to ride it and experience it for yourself! It will be wicked awesome.

Ideas?

I think there going to have some lighting effect in there, I'm not sure who but someone already said something about old fashioned lanterns that flicker and go out or something to that effect, which would be sweet and very un-Cedar Point.

Kevin "9 days till opening day!"M.

^^ Look at previous updates. That's just the queue house. There is still the old WWL outdoor queue with a few switchbacks. Cedar Point never puts in a small queue area. They are the king of huge queues (well maybe IOA supasses them with redundantly long queues and at least 3 overflow areas per ride). Look at Magnum and Mantis and especially Raptor, MF, TTD, and Mean Streak. Those queues are huge! (they always go by quickly though

Plus this ride appeals to a much larger crowd because of the lower height limit. It's a huge, thrilling, and fun attraction for everyone 48" and up. I doubt the queue will ever be empty this summer.

^The sad part is, most of the queues actually fill all the way up! Ever waited through the entire queue line for Raptor? It sucks!

-Justin "Hopes he goes on a day when the park is dead" Seabaugh

^The sad part is, most of the queues actually fill all the way up! Ever waited through the entire queue line for Raptor? It sucks!

-Justin "Hopes he goes on a day when the park is dead" Seabaugh

I've seen Gemini's queue filled to over flowing. That's when you know it's bad.

Doesn't Mean Streak and Mantis has the longest queue length at Cedar Point?

Let's use proper English, shall we?

When I went, Mean Streak and Mantis had the shortest lines there. I'm not sure if this is because it wasn't very crowded, but the longest ones from my experience are TTD, MF, and Raptor.

Raptor's queue does suck to wait in when it's full. It was about 3/4 filled when i went back in '05.

I don't think Maverick will have the largest queue, but it will be somewhat big.

Queue wise, I think Mean Streak or MF are the longest. In the photo of Mean Streak's queue below, you enter go under the track, go through 1 switchback, then through 3 massive switchbacks and then it seems like a 1/4 mile walk to the station. That seems like it could hold a 3 to 4 hour line. MF's queue is just like 6 to 8 switchback areas it seems all crammed into that one area.

meanstreak06.jpg.f5cd8f399ebc0dba406359d905b2381d.jpg

3 to 4 hour line

You have to realize that those are the kinds of lines the Mean Streak would have opening year.

Back on topic, It is looking like the weather won't exactly be co-operating on opening day. Luckily, I'm going for the weekend, so maybe sunday will have nice weather.

EDIT: I just checked again, and opening day is set to be nice and sunny. Couldchange between now and then though.

Also, there is a new construction gallery update here; http://maverick.cedarpoint.com/latest/gallery/

Raptor's queue does suck to wait in when it's full. It was about 3/4 filled when i went back in '05.

I don't think Maverick will have the largest queue, but it will be somewhat big.

Queue wise, I think Mean Streak or MF are the longest. In the photo of Mean Streak's queue below, you enter go under the track, go through 1 switchback, then through 3 massive switchbacks and then it seems like a 1/4 mile walk to the station. That seems like it could hold a 3 to 4 hour line. MF's queue is just like 6 to 8 switchback areas it seems all crammed into that one area.

Do you mean all the part in blue is the queue!!? If yes, there is only Two words to describe it:MY GOD!!!