TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

^ Much cheaper to just get the FL plus and not worry about it. . .

FL(+) can't compare to the personalized experience of a VIP Tour. Not to mention even with FL(+) you still get stuck waiting in lines. I'm much happier just picking what ride we want to ride, being taken up the exit, and sat down on the ride. . . Avoiding any lines, and avoiding the majority of the GP who, for the most part, annoys the hell out of me.

Mean Streak is actually one of the smoother wooden coasters I've ridden, however I'm not a fan of it because the ride itself is a complete snoozefest (it's forceless except for one airtime pop). I vote for it to either get RMC'd or torn down and replaced by a GCI or an RMC from scratch.

Plus Maverick sits right there, why not get in line there and get a couple awesome rides in on that?

Personally we just like to mix it up a little. Sometimes at Cedar Point it's nice to take a break from long lines and ride a major ride without dedicating to much time to it. Even with Fastlane Plus Maverick can pull a 45 minute line. We like to mix in some rides like Skyhawk, Power Tower, Gemeni and Mean Streak sometimes since they're solid rides with short waits and just take a quick break from lines. We used to do that with Corkscrew too but lately I just find that thing unbearable.

Plus Maverick sits right there, why not get in line there and get a couple awesome rides in on that?

Personally we just like to mix it up a little. Sometimes at Cedar Point it's nice to take a break from long lines and ride a major ride without dedicating to much time to it. Even with Fastlane Plus Maverick can pull a 45 minute line. We like to mix in some rides like Skyhawk, Power Tower, Gemeni and Mean Streak sometimes since they're solid rides with short waits and just take a quick break from lines. We used to do that with Corkscrew too but lately I just find that thing unbearable.

True. Last time I went to CP, TTD, MF, Maverick, etc were all pulling 75min+ wait times while Power Tower was a 5min wait.

True. Last time I went to CP, TTD, MF, Maverick, etc were all pulling 75min+ wait times while Power Tower was a 5min wait.

This is usually my experience as well, the "big 6-7" coasters are usually 50min+, while flats and alike are walk-ons or sub 10 minutes. Skyhawk might be a slightly different story, but for the most part you will really have substantial waits for the coasters.

Will we be queuing for Valravn from the Blue Streak area, or from the Marina entrance path?

Good question, when Gatekeeper was late in construction Cedar Point put out renderings of what the surrounding area/plaza were going to look like in detail. I'm hoping the same thing will happen very soon.