TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

If you've got the money, and rain is in the forecast, yes I'd say Fast Lane is worth it. Don't buy it in advance though; this is Midwest, and forecasts can and will change even up to the day of. Just have that money available and pick it up if it's necessary. Since you're going about 2000 miles, even if lines are like 20 minutes I'd say get the Fast Lane since it'll be difficult and expensive to get back later.

Ok thanks. I bought the platinum pass and that ended up giving me a great discount on the hotel express that practically paid for the pass based on the rate they showed me originally. I figured that was good enough for me since I’m renting a car and have the free parking with it. Park hours are long in my opinion so I’m hoping I’ll have plenty of time to do everything. I’ll maybe do the fast pass on day 2 if I am feeling it. I’m guessing the summer weather supposed to be almost 80 will be similar to what I’m used to in so cal or should I be prepared for cold nights. Hopefully for me the worst of the rain stays on Monday and Tuesday. I’m excited I have wanted to do this trip for such a long time!

Awesome. Since you have the pass you can save a ton on Fastlane if you buy it in the park. Show your pass whenever you buy anything in the park (except beer, Cedar Fair hates me) and you'll get a discount. It's not as significant as the Fastlane discount, but it adds up. This even works at some of the full service restaurants outside the park.

Since you have Early Entry, if you want to try to avoid buying Fastlane get to gate by Magnum around 8:45 or so. They'll put you through and into a holding area. If you're there when the gates open you'll be on Steel Vengeance by 9:30 even if you just take a brisk walk. Some people will run, but there's no major need.

Steel Vengeance, Maverick, Valravn, Millennium Force and Gatekeeper are open for Early Entry. If you get Fastlane there's actually an argument to be made for heading to Millennium Force, Valravn and Gatekeeper as they'll be total walk-ons for an hour and you can ride the crap out of them. You can't use Fastlane until 10:00 so I mean... why go to Steel Vengeance or Maverick and wait in a 30 minute line when you could wait an hour and wait less with your wristband?

Sad to see a favorite flat of mine leave. They replaced VF's this year with a Larson Looper, maybe the same is coming for CP. Of course they will make it bigger just so they can have bragging rights over SFGAm.

Nothing would make me happier than a Larson Looper marketed at a coaster. Nothing.

Sad to see a favorite flat of mine leave. They replaced VF's this year with a Larson Looper, maybe the same is coming for CP. Of course they will make it bigger just so they can have bragging rights over SFGAm.

Valleyfair’s Enterprise was actually removed in 2016 to build North Star (a Funtime swing ride) for 2017.

I am also sad to see another one of these rides get removed, as I really enjoyed them. I’m sure they’ll replace it with something just as fun though. Witches Wheel closing makes me wonder how long it will be before Zulu at Worlds of Fun is closed. Maybe they have been using these removed rides for parts for the ones that are still operating?

About time. Can’t remember the last time I rode it.

You may not ride it, but tons of people do. Every time we ride that thing we end up waiting like 2-3 cycles.

I totally get the move since lots of parks are getting rid of these and I'm excited to see what replaces it, but I did enjoy this ride and we usually ride it when we visit the park.

The ride is surrounded by vomit today.

I suspect lots of people who tend not to ride are riding because of the announcement last night

A7E88BCC-6F8D-451D-8A7D-5CC07C671CC1.thumb.jpeg.c87b85d2c7c23893d5dca84d08e2d603.jpeg

I'll admit that a part of me does enjoy the fact that (most, not all) enthusiasts hate on Millennium Force relentlessly but the second it's closed everyone freaks out, hawks the internet for updates and demands that the park works overtime to fix it (as if they're not already doing that).

You know back in high school when you had that friend who talked crap about his girlfriend all the time and kept saying she wasn't all that but then she left for like 2 days and didn't say where she was going so he freaked out and called like 100 times a day because he realized he f*cked up and never appreciated what he had and he just turned into a regretful psychopath stalker hawking the internet for updates.

Yeah, that's every coaster enthusiast on my news feed right now.

The ride is surrounded by vomit today.

I suspect lots of people who tend not to ride are riding because of the announcement last night

Oh my god. Classic.

I'm just hoping that not all old-school Enterprises get removed before the kiddo hits his 54" height mark. Depending on how this weekend goes and how tall he measures up out at Dorney, we might be heading out that way for the Labor Day weekend, but even in a best case scenario he'll be two inches too short to ride it before it leaves. He loves the Endeavor out at Coney Island, and I really hope he gets a chance to experience what a classic ride the Enterprise is before they disappear forever.

Maybe they are going to relocate Troika or Tiki Twirl or something to the Witch's Wheel area? CP is always rearranging to accommodate new projects. IF they are doing some sort of large project by the former stadium location, maybe they will relocate a couple of those rides to gain some more space... I'd definitely prefer a new flat to replace a removed one though.

For the record, I've always loved MF and never could really understand people not enjoying it. I described it to a movie buff friend as the "Titanic" of roller coasters. Is it Citizen Kane or The Godfather or Pulp Fiction? No. But, it's a massively successful, ambitious, well designed and put together ride. While it may not be everyone's favorite, it is hard to deny the quality and accessability of the package as a whole.

Awesome. Since you have the pass you can save a ton on Fastlane if you buy it in the park. Show your pass whenever you buy anything in the park (except beer, Cedar Fair hates me) and you'll get a discount. It's not as significant as the Fastlane discount, but it adds up. This even works at some of the full service restaurants outside the park.

Since you have Early Entry, if you want to try to avoid buying Fastlane get to gate by Magnum around 8:45 or so. They'll put you through and into a holding area. If you're there when the gates open you'll be on Steel Vengeance by 9:30 even if you just take a brisk walk. Some people will run, but there's no major need.

Steel Vengeance, Maverick, Valravn, Millennium Force and Gatekeeper are open for Early Entry. If you get Fastlane there's actually an argument to be made for heading to Millennium Force, Valravn and Gatekeeper as they'll be total walk-ons for an hour and you can ride the crap out of them. You can't use Fastlane until 10:00 so I mean... why go to Steel Vengeance or Maverick and wait in a 30 minute line when you could wait an hour and wait less with your wristband?

Thanks for the tips I noted them down

I uploaded a photo when I bought my pass online. It also was saying mobile ticket was an option. I only got an email with an option to print tickets and it says I have to go to Season Pass Processing Center to get my photo ID pass, was hoping to avoid that extra step. I am supposed to land around 6 AM, get my rental car, and then I guess it's about an hour 20 minute drive to the park but maybe heavier commuter traffic around that time? Think I can make it for the early entry? I am thinking I will be cutting it close if traffic doesn't slow me down and late if it does.

Mf is open. And pulling healthy line since was down for 3 days

Here’s view from FL line

That's to the second set of switchbacks, that's 45 min to an hour minimum. Possibly more depending on how far it goes into the 2nd set of switchbacks

Im returning to Cedar Point on Sunday and Monday and I will be disappointed if Millennium Force isn't up and running by the then. I hope they are working overtime to get it going. At least I'll get to ride steel vengeance.

It opened today. Just rode it. Standby line was about 45 minutes. Fast Lane line was about 15-20 minute. Not a bad line at all today.

You know back in high school when you had that friend who talked crap about his girlfriend all the time and kept saying she wasn't all that but then she left for like 2 days and didn't say where she was going so he freaked out and called like 100 times a day because he realized he f*cked up and never appreciated what he had and he just turned into a regretful psychopath stalker hawking the internet for updates.

Thankfully those guys actually do exist, like my wife's ex boyfriend (13 years ago...). He was such a worthless piece of shit that she thinks a douche like me is actually worth keeping around.

More proof that Enterprises are a dying breed. Has any park aside from KK replaced their Enterprise with a Zamperla Endeavor? Seems like everyone always jumps to that conclusion, but I'm curious if any other parks have gone this route.

If the media report are true, and this ride has been in the park since 1977, it probably time to retire it for something new. I really hope that they look to replace it with one of those crazy flat rides from Canada's Wonderland like the Soaring Timbers ride or Skyhawk!

If the media report are true, and this ride has been in the park since 1977, it probably time to retire it for something new. I really hope that they look to replace it with one of those crazy flat rides from Canada's Wonderland like the Soaring Timbers ride or Skyhawk!

Soaring Timbers not so much, kind of disappointed with it. Many other Wonderland flats I liked better. A Top Scan, which has become popular with Cedar Fair would be better IMO. I also like the Giant Jump, Zamperla Hawk, Top Scan more than Soaring Timbers. My #1 was the Skyroller(Skyhawk at Wonderland), but it only has a 24 capacity. I could get 50+ flips regularly. I just don't know if CP would want the lower capacity compared to other flat rides they could add. I wouldn't minds the HUSS 2G/2GH, but none have been sold yet.

I'll admit that a part of me does enjoy the fact that (most, not all) enthusiasts hate on Millennium Force relentlessly but the second it's closed everyone freaks out, hawks the internet for updates and demands that the park works overtime to fix it (as if they're not already doing that).

Yeah, that's every coaster enthusiast on my news feed right now.

Nothing would make me happier than a Larson Looper marketed at a coaster. Nothing.

I respectfully disagree with any person or park that labels a Larson Looper a coaster, but I too immediately thought of this, and the hilarity that would ensue! And you KNOW CP WILL market it as a coaster, since they've already jumped that shark with Pipe Scream (which is actually one of my favorite underrated "coasters" at CP!) It's actually a brilliant move on CP's part, as they look to quickly inflate their coaster count, without actually adding another huge coaster. And that location really would be a perfect spot for it. Heck, they could even still call it Witches Wheel!

It's a good coaster, but there are better coasters out there.

BvL6DzZ.gif

My sentiments exactly! I've been on a TON of coasters, and there aren't many that are better than MF! (in my opinion, at least.) The funny thing, is that CP has two of those that COULD be considered better! And as far as coasters that I've ridden with non-enthusiasts, that prompted orgasmic reactions out of them (seriously), MF is far and away the king (though SV is off to a strong start in that department as well!)

About time. Can’t remember the last time I rode it.

You may not ride it, but tons of people do. Every time we ride that thing we end up waiting like 2-3 cycles.

I totally get the move since lots of parks are getting rid of these and I'm excited to see what replaces it, but I did enjoy this ride and we usually ride it when we visit the park.

Yeah I’m sure people liked it, just wasn’t thrilling enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll admit that a part of me does enjoy the fact that (most, not all) enthusiasts hate on Millennium Force relentlessly

Do people hate on Millennium Force??? I actually thought it was quite loved by theme park fans. While it may not be in my top ten or the most forceful ride on the planet, it most certainly one of the most "fun" rides ever and I enjoy every single ride I take on it!