TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I've determined that my partner and I are the only ones who have ever gotten floater time on Gatekeepers "airtime" hill. Granted it wasnt mind blowing floater time, but in the front row it is noticeable floater.

Nope you're not the only ones. I've gotten some decent floater air about 90% of the time I ride it

Same here. Its some nice floater time.

I wonder if the go carts will be totally removed this year, or just sit vacant.

Go Carts are really easy to remove, so I'm guessing yes. I remember when WOF removed theirs to build Steelhawk, it only took about a week.

Try explaining that to Dorney. The go karts have been sitting there since like 2012 when it closed i believe.

Such a sexy layout, but why did they have to choose that color scheme?

Word. Valravn has a terrible color scheme. It's just awful. It should have been a nice dark charcoal color, like Krake or Oblivion. I think a dark color scheme fits the menacing characteristics of a dive machine much better.

Krake.jpg.8e656971a47b81aab7cba666ec03d1f9.jpg

Such a sexy layout, but why did they have to choose that color scheme?

When you have so many roller coasters you just run out of colors. lol. I guess they could have went with purple. lol

Purple would have looked great. Especially since there is a roller coaster just a little bit further down the midway with a similar color scheme. For real though, whoever decided orange and silver should not have input in the design process of new attractions for CF.

^I'm actually a fan of the colors. I do see a difference between this orange and that of the orange of the other coasters, however purple would be sweet even with the same silver backside.

Maybe Valleyfair can get a monstrous purple coaster in tribute of the Purple People Eaters!

Unknown.jpeg.79c996568c1d22a652a4a7fb21a094e0.jpeg

Edited by FaithPlus1

To be honest I don't mind the burnt orange at all. Cedar Point is known for the bright, vivid colors lining the skyline so I'm not sure a dark grey/black would really "fit in" (though I think Kreke/Oblivion look awesome themselves). They probably wanted to keep it bright without doing another blue or red, and I think this color looks good.

At the end of the day, who the hell is going to care what color the ride is when they're inching down the edge on the holding brake?

To be honest I don't mind the burnt orange at all. Cedar Point is known for the bright, vivid colors lining the skyline so I'm not sure a dark grey/black would really "fit in" (though I think Kreke/Oblivion look awesome themselves). They probably wanted to keep it bright without doing another blue or red, and I think this color looks good.

I agree. I think a dark color scheme would be to dark for what the park is doing with their skyline. It seems like the park likes to keep bright vivid colors in their skyline, and a dark coaster just wouldn't have "fit" with the rest of the skyline.

At the end of the day, who the hell is going to care what color the ride is when they're inching down the edge on the holding brake?

I can think of several coaster "enthusiast" who will care, because to them it is to similar to Rougarou, and they thought they were queuing for Rougarou, and then they were highly disappointed because they ended up on Valravn. . . All because the colors between Valravn and Rougarou are oh so similar.

I can think of several coaster "enthusiast" who will care, because to them it is to similar to Rougarou, and they thought they were queuing for Rougarou, and then they were highly disappointed because they ended up on Valravn. . . All because the colors between Valravn and Rougarou are oh so similar.

Well those people are weird! But are entitled to their opinions. I agree with those that only care about the ride itself.

Well those people are weird! But are entitled to their opinions. I agree with those that only care about the ride itself.

images.jpeg.eaef50551d247b5d81f9d1fa9f0c2a57.jpeg

Hi guys, I'm planning to visit CP this June and not having been there I went through POV videos on Youtube and prioritised the rides as per below.

You will probably get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer from the list - that said, I may have missed some good stuff so it would be appreciated if you guys can make recommendations and reasons why. Note that I'll be visiting a bunch of other parks so you will come across similar posts elsewhere - and I had a feedback that one couldn't get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer, I guess probably because it's only small sample of rides I listed for a specific park but if you look through my other posts you would get there (IMO, that is) - regardless, any feedback is welcome.

1. Maverick

2. Millennium Force

3. Gatekeeper, Rougarou, Valravn

4. Magnum XL-200, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster

5. Wicked Twister, Mean Streak, Iron Dragon

6. Corkscrew, Gemini

7. Blue Streak, Witches' WHeel

8. Skyhawk, Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Cheers,

Sam

Your list does not contain Sky Ride. Correct that immediately!

I second this!!

I'll drink to that!

Also picking favorites based on POV's is stupid. Everyone has different opinions on the Cedar Point coasters. This is my list, everyone's list will be different. I like every coaster they have except maybe Corkscrew.

1) Millennium Force

2) Maverick

3) Raptor

4) Dragster

5) Gatekeeper

6) Magnum XL 200

7) Rougarou

8) Gemeni (this coaster is really good, don't underestimate it)

9) Wicked Twister

10) Mean Streak

11) Iron Dragon

12) Blue Streak

13) Cedar Creek Mine Ride

14) Corkscrew

A few tips:

1) If you miss Skyhawk, Maxair or Sky Ride you're a bad person.

2) On Magnum pull the seatbelt as tight as you possibly can if you're worried about thigh pain. Some people like that though and in that case never mind.

3) On Mean Streak ride in row 1 ONLY and lean forward with your back off the seat back or you're in for a world of sh*t

4) On Blue Streak ride in the middle row of a car

5) Get one front seat night ride on Millennium Force