TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

EL TORO vs. THE VOYAGE

How does El Toro's first drop compare to Millennium Force's first drop? The both are similar, and both look incredible. From my experiance on Millennium Force, it was awesome, it was long and insane airtime in the back seat. I had never felt anything like that EVER before...just increddible!!!

-Zach "I looooove MF's first drop!"

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does El Toro's first drop compare to Millennium Force's first drop?

I'd have to say El Toro's first drop craps all over MF's. While intimidating in height and stature, I've never really gotten much from MF's first drop. The rollover and pullout are almost over-designed to lessen the forces.

El Toro uses MF's cable lift system, but for some reason seems faster (perhaps due to the lift being only a little more than half MF's height). Once at the top, the trains take a tight, flat 180 degree turn very quickly with no time for riders to take in the view. Plus, the back of the train begins to get whipped down the drop from nearly the time it crests the top of the lift! The whole lift/first drop sequence of El Toro is flat out FREAKY. The rollover into the drop is stupid intense.

-Mark

Glad you loved El Toro, I loved it so much I went SFGAdv twice in three days and usually I can't wait to get out of the place. El Toro and Ride of Steel (NE) are the only two coasters I could ride all day and not get sick of.

I have to agree with you on that. ET and ROS are the two coasters I could actually marathon. I guess that's one of the many reasons why these two coasters are head and shoulders above anything else I have ridden.

How does El Toro's first drop compare to Millennium Force's first drop? The both are similar, and both look incredible. From my experiance on Millennium Force, it was awesome, it was long and insane airtime in the back seat. I had never felt anything like that EVER before...just increddible!!!

-Zach "I looooove MF's first drop!"

1 - remember Robb added a spell check button for people like you

2 - if you think there was airtime on MF, you don't know what airtime is

^I'm with you on that, Larry. I rode MF many times over its short life, and I hardly come off of it with the impression of "airtime". El Toro, on the other hand, is airtime loaded, like being kicked off a cliff, being pulled back up with a cord and kicked off again and again. I've had farts that produced me to lift off my seat more than my rides on Millennium Force.

I didn't say Millennium Force is an airtime machine. I said the first drop is incredible and gives amazing airtime. Thus, looking like it will give the similar effect that Millennium Force's first drop does.

-Zach

I was not implying that Millennium Force had no airtime, I was saying that just because something looks like Millennium Force's drop does not mean that it will have the same airtime that Millennium Force's drop gives...

No need to freak out about a simple mis-understanding

Why are we talking about the lamest hyper coaster for airtime when we should be talking about how much El Toro rocks and how Voyage doesn't have S!@$#! on it

I do, however, quiver at the though of Derek's powerful flatulence. Poor Nicole

Ill just wait for someone to respond to my question, hopefully I wont get any more "MF has no airtime and is boring" stuff.

I haven't ridden MF, so I won't venture an opinion (and will respect yours). But it seems to me that others have been responding to your question--perhaps you simply don't like their answers.

Thanks^ Though I misread one, but some opinions I dont like. But meh.

I never thought Voyage would be rough after a year, but agressive, yes. On the videos, it looks like you are slammed into those 90* turns! It looks awesome, but it does look like it could be a little painful.

Thanks^ Though I misread one, but some opinions I dont like. But meh.

I never thought Voyage would be rough after a year, but agressive, yes. On the videos, it looks like you are slammed into those 90* turns! It looks awesome, but it does look like it could be a little painful.

The 90 degree sections are actually pretty smooth because they aren't very forceful. I think the twisty section at the end is probably the roughest part.

MF's drop does have airtime, even in the front row. If someone says otherwise, they're simply wrong. Airtime is defined as ~0-g's worth of normal force or less, so if you so much as float (which you do in the front on MF's drop) then there's airtime. Back row has medium ejector sustained for what seems like forever on MF.

As far as the comparison between MF's drop and ET's, I'd have to say they're of a very similar quality, but more different than they may seem without having ridden. Speaking of the back row (best spot on both drops by far) MF's drop is a little more gradual, but sustains it's medium strength ejector air for a very long time, whereas ET's drop transitions at a decent rate to around -1.2 g airtime, which is some of the strongest around. It's really ridiculous, but sustained for only .5 to 1 second or so. MF has the increased height and smaller track/supports too which adds to the fun, but ET is smaller than MF and looks smaller than it is because of the supports and catwalks, yet has some nice headchoppers at the bottom of the drop, and a quicker transition to heavy g's.

So yeah they definately both excel at different things, making them awesome in their own way and hard to compare as far as quality goes.

Haven't been on Voyage, but when comparing drops, I'm confident in saying MF~ET > Voyage...not that Voyage's drop looks bad at all

MF's drop does have airtime, even in the front row. If someone says otherwise, they're simply wrong. Airtime is defined as ~0-g's worth of normal force or less, so if you so much as float (which you do in the front on MF's drop) then there's airtime. Back row has medium ejector sustained for what seems like forever on MF.

As far as the comparison between MF's drop and ET's, I'd have to say they're of a very similar quality, but more different than they may seem without having ridden. Speaking of the back row (best spot on both drops by far) MF's drop is a little more gradual, but sustains it's medium strength ejector air for a very long time, whereas ET's drop transitions at a decent rate to around -1.2 g airtime, which is some of the strongest around. It's really ridiculous, but sustained for only .5 to 1 second or so. MF has the increased height and smaller track/supports too which adds to the fun, but ET is smaller than MF and looks smaller than it is because of the supports and catwalks, yet has some nice headchoppers at the bottom of the drop, and a quicker transition to heavy g's.

So yeah they definately both excel at different things, making them awesome in their own way and hard to compare as far as quality goes.

Haven't been on Voyage, but when comparing drops, I'm confident in saying MF~ET > Voyage...not that Voyage's drop looks bad at all

I'll have to remember that the next time I am stapled into MF that the facts say I am really getting airtime even though I am still touching the seat.

Thank you VERY much!

As for those who get stapled in, sucks for you!

Yeah, Since you don't get airtime or float when stapled the correct term would be negative g's. Meaning you feel your weight exchange from the seat to the restraint.

So anywhere you see airtime or float, just replace that with negative g's and there you have it.

But ya'll knew that.

Or just nit pickin ninnies.

I know when I rode Millennium Force, I wasn't always completely stapled, and came up off the seat. I was stapled though on Dragster.

I've ridden El Toro 18 times, and I've had maybe an inch of space around half to 2/3 of the time. I don't think the stapling is nearly as bad as people complain about, it was certainly much worse the two times I rode Dragster in 2003. They were really thorough and pushed down very hard on that ride.

That space really makes a difference in ride quality, because the airtime seems to be sustained longer since you more easily notice/feel the 0-Gish portions.

So the correct term is not necessarily negative g's... A: you're not always stapled, and B: airtime is also at 0-g's which isn't negative.

^^There are seatbelts on El Toro, and I assume Voyage too though I haven't ridden it.