TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Food Network Needs Our Help For A New TV Show!

Best foods from a theme park

i have to say SFNE clam strips was probably one of the best meals ive ever had at a theme park. But put that a side, i think the BEst value food is Pink Things at Six Flags Over Texas, course now there like 2 bucks, but there still worth it. And my over all Best Food from a theme park would have to be from Universal Studios, the food was fantastic and many different choices.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Fries: Potato Patch at Kennywood

If you go to Six Flags Great America, you have to try the Fiesta Fries.

Best Ice Cream: Graeter's at Paramount's Kings Island

If you go to Michigan's Adventure, you have to try the frozen pie slices.

If you go to Six Flags Over Texas, you have to try a Pink Thing.

Best overall food in a theme park - Dollywood (the only place you can get REAL sweet iced tea, by the way...)

Just a note...

Beech Bend also had pretty decent sweet tea. BUT I think it was more or less a product of their caterer, Whitman's, or maybe not.. I don't remember.

// sweet tea enthusiast

Best overall food in a theme park - Dollywood (the only place you can get REAL sweet iced tea, by the way...)

Just a note...

Beech Bend also had pretty decent sweet tea. BUT I think it was more or less a product of their caterer, Whitman's, or maybe not.. I don't remember.

// sweet tea enthusiast

True about Beach Bend sweet tea, the only good thing in the park except Rumbler and their fudge. For the record Freeman's BBQ at HersheyPark and Kris Kringles at Holiday World also have dawn good sweet tea. I never saw them make it but it sure tastes like the real thing.

I might be a Northerner but I went to school in the South.

The best food I have had at an amusement park has either been pretty much everything I've tried from Trapper's Smokehouse at BGE or Shark's at Seaworld Orlando. Both places had fabulous food. MmMmMmMmMm...

Did this thread make anyone else extremely hungry??? Or is that just me?

My fav is Disney World. They have a cabillion restraints at Disney of all themes and tastes.

I like the Rainforest. If not for the food even the themeing is cool.

I usually have a turkey leg. I associate the smell of turkey legs and the smell of funnel cakes with most of the parks I visit. Sometimes when I am in a new town and a get a wiff of funnel cakes and grilled food combined, my mind gets transported back to various places at amusement parks across the country. (mostly Disney and Universal Orlando

If you go to Disney you have to have a piece of key lime pie and a Mickey chocolate

Mike Fic

If you go to Six Flags Great America you HAVE to try their funnel cakes. Better than anywhere else.

My favorite themepark restaurant is the Crown Colony Restaurant at Busch Gardens Africa.

Andrew "Get a permanant show on Discovery channel, already!" C.

BTW, Wisconsin State Fair Cream Puffs cannot be beaten. I don't care what you say. They are the kings of all unhealthy foods.

BEST STEAK: Le cellier at Walt Disney World - Epoct

If you go to Epcot, you HAVE to try to try their lamb.

My favorite "theme park restaurant" is Cinderella's Royal Table.

OK,OK, i know all of these are at Disney World but that is the only theme park that i have been to all year. In fact i just got back from Beech Bend today and i love the Kentucky Rumbler.

Hope to see the show soon,

masterofthematrix91

Does Rainforest really count? Since technically it's just a chain of restaurants and some of them happen to be at Theme Parks. That's like Hard Rock Cafe at Universal or Planet Hollywood at WDW.....

--Robb "Has still never eated at a Rainforest Cafe!" Alvey

I'm not sure about the technicalities of whether you'd consider it or not. I mean, there's one at the entrance to DAK, so, ummm, maybe I guess. Or not? I don't know.

I wouldn't count Rainforest since it is a chain. For that matter you could say Mc Donald's is themepark food since there is one at Epcot.

My favorite themepark food is Teppenyaki, and Yakatori at Epcot. I love Japanese food.

oh boy.. food network addict here.. and here's an easy one though it's not technically in a theme park.. it's the original Nathans, on famous Surf Avenue in 'fabulous' Coney Island. The fries there are unmatched anywhere in the world.. the grease has been touched by the salt air for more years than most of us have been alive.. the hot dogs.. well.. amazing of course, and NOT the same hot dogs you can buy in your local piggly wiggly in dubuque with Nathans name on them... and strangely enough, the best lobster sandwich outside new england.. my wife asked me how they could get a 'lobster' sandwich in that shape. i told her they used lobster roadkill, but i don't think they really do.. so why does Nathans belong on this show if it's not in a theme park? Because it's a two minute walk to one of the greatest roller coasters of all time. the legendary Cyclone. Oh and there was a pretty good 'theme' restaurant down at U's IOA, with a fantasy type theme.. i'm sure someone here will know the name of it.. it was a little hokey, but in a good way... bubbling drinks.. a really stunning architectural design and decent food.. anyway.. let me know when to be ready for my closeup mr demille.. thanks.. mark

Nathan's - Good catch! Seeing that it is at CI, I second that it is in a theme park.

I've got to go with Knoebels and Dollywood for overall food. Both of these parks' food is as much of a draw as the rides (usually food is an afterthought at parks). My dad doesn't like parks or rides and he'll go to both of these just to eat our way through the park.

Best fries I've ever had are Kennywood's Potato Patch and the little stand near the Alamo at Knoebels.

I'm going to un-stick this for now as I think the guys at Food Network have a great deal of information.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Please feel free to continue to post your comments if you haven't already!

--Robb