TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Food Network Needs Our Help For A New TV Show!

However, I have to 100% disagree on Ohanas. Even comparing it to general theme park food, it seemed sub-par to me. When compared to other Brazillian BBQs, I found it to be the most bland, tasteless food I have ever had. I love this style of eating, and have tried many like it. (I took Alana to one for the first time for our anniversary. She loved it.) IMHO Ohanas fails on every level. Except for the company. Which was awesome!

Agreed. I've been to Ohana's twice now, and while it's a good idea, the service is awful, so bad that Disney should be embarrassed. While this place makes sense for a large group of people (since it's one price, dividing up the bill is really easy), once the waitstaff sees you have a large group and the gratuity will automatically be added to the bill, they seem to take the attitude that they no longer need to put forth any sort of effort. This means that getting the supposed "all you can eat" servings of meat can be challenging, and you can pretty much forget getting any sort of refills on a drink, which is exceptionally annoying, seeing as it's usually quite hot outside in Orlando, and eating salty meat tends to make people thirsty. I have had a good time when I've eaten here, but it's because of the company at the meal, and not the meal itself.

dt

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should just do Disney as a whole, cause all of their restaurants are awesome.

Busch Gardens Europe has some good restaurants, like Trappers Smokehouse, which I know was mentioned on the first page.

I'm going to have to throw in a vote for Silver Dollar City in Brnason, MO. Whether you talking about the all you eat can breakfast buffet, or the breadbowls, or the succatash/potato skillets they create, they're food is always great ... and the servings are generally plenty to fill even big guys like me up.

My personal favorites in the park are the giant corndogs and BBQ sandwiches. Their BBQ is smoked and grilled right there in front of you, nothing frozen or mass produced here! Plus, the fish fry over by the Lost River of the Ozarks is delicious. On the way into the park, or on the way out, you need to stop at the bakery right by the front. Again, the food in there is awesome.

I can't beleive this park hasn't come up more in this discussion, because it simply has some of the best food out there. Don't get me wrong, it's ahrd ot beat the Monte Cristo at Disneyland's Blue Bayou, but the food at Silver Dollar City is consistently delicious throughout the park, and is the type of food you generally don't find at corporate-owned theme park chains.

The funnel cake at Knotts Berry farm. My friends and I used to drive all the way there after school, get in at half price, eat funnel cake, go on some rides and go home.

I also really like the bread bowl soups in the Orleans area of Disneyland, and the Mint Julips over there are REALLY good as well.

best dessert: ice cream sundae@plaza restaurant@dlr

best drink: mint juleps at new orleans square@dlr

best food: norway pavilion@ epcot

best character dining: garden grill@epcot(i assume chef mickey's is better but i've only been to it at the garden grill)

best non-disney food: 1.HOT corn on the cob@schlitterbahn....2.funnel cakes@texas state fair.....3.the food courts at galaxyland and/or camp snoopy(the north american mall parks)

I'm a Disney girl at heart (I've seen all of this site's videos relating to Disney - Thank you all). But I'd have to say the best theme park food would be a tie between Richter's Burgers at Universal Studios and Pecos Bill Cafe at Disney's Magic Kingdom.

When I visit Universal, I always have to get a Richter's burger.

Carol in IL

I can't thank you all enough for your help and input on this topic. It seems like you had fun and now I have a lot of ideas for the show. I am so impressed with the friendliness and enthusiasm of your community, one that I was unaware of before this week. Thanks TPR!!!!!!

Best BBQ: Busch Gardens Europe

Best French Fries: Kennywood Park (The Potato Patch)

Best desserts: Tie: Busch Gardens Europe and HersheyPark

I selectet BGE for BBQ simply because it's by far the best theme-park related food on the planet. In many parks it is very difficult to get something that tastes fresh and is made on site (Most of the themers I've been to use pre-made burgers and fries, etc.) but BGE's BBQ is made in their own smokers and prepared fresh each day. It's usually my second stop (Daddy's Beautiful Girl, Loch Ness Monster, is ALWAYS the first stop!)

Kennywood Park's Potato Patch is second to none when it comes to fries. I'd never heard of the term 'Wets' before I went there in 1994 for the first time, but it was well worth the extreme heat to enjoy what has become a ritual for anybody I travel with to the park- a big, hot steaming pile of fresh fries covered in gravy- YUM!

Best desserts was a tie for me- BGE for the wonderful assortment of delectable pastries and cakes (Their Black Forest Cake is better than what I can make- and I'm a professional Chef!)

HersheyPark is up there as the desserts available both in the park and at the ChocolateWorld tour are amazing- if you're ever in the mood for a complete chocolate overdose, head to the Ice Cream Parlour and enjoy a Black Cow Brownie sundae- A rich and fudgy brownie with three scoops of chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, caramel, hot fudge, chocolate chips, and a small yet tasty chocolate cow on top- it's beyond all expressions of absoulute pleasure.

SFoT during "Best of Texas".

You have to try the Fajitas.

I second that, during the heritage festival, they have all the best food cookin'. Their skillet dishes comes close to what they serve at dollywood. Too bad SFoT doesnt do this year round, as it would put them in a higher class of theme park food

I can't thank you all enough for your help and input on this topic. It seems like you had fun and now I have a lot of ideas for the show. I am so impressed with the friendliness and enthusiasm of your community, one that I was unaware of before this week. Thanks TPR!!!!!!

Glad everyone here could be of some assistance, *cough* Dollywood, *cough*, make sure and keep us posted when you finish production.

-James Dillaman

- Which park has the absolute best BBQ - Six Flags Over Texas

- If you go to Cedar Point, you HAVE to try their chili cheese fries

- My favorite "theme park restaurant" the food at Texas Heritage Festival at Six Flags Over Texas (not a restaurant, but some of the best food ever!)

Best Fried Chicken: Knotts

Best Sandwich: Monte Cristo DLR

Try the Dole Whips at DLR. They're good!

Wow, how could I forget Knotts Fried Chicken!! You are right! Add Knotts Fried Chicken (and their Boysenberry Jelly) to my best food list also... LOL

Where to begin?

1) Mixed Grille at Hersheypark (in the food court next to Storm Runner) has amazing wraps, soups, and gyros.

2) Pinnochio's Village Haus at the Magic Kingdom has great Italian-style options, like panini and antipasto salads, and it's not too expensive.

3) Thunder Falls Terrace at Islands of Adventure - great for rotisserie chicken and ribs.

4) Toluca Legs Turkey Company at Disney-MGM Studios... mmm, those turkey legs rock!

5) The Mickey waffles at the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory at the Port Orleans French Quarter resort... I had them thirteen years ago, and still am drooling over them.

6) Casey's Corner at the Magic Kingdom has very good corn dog nuggets.

7) Richter's Burger at Universal Studios Orlando= yum.

Randi "must eat... sounds soo good... *drool*" Bass