• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

On Sidewinder at Elitch Gardens, I have heard:

"I forgot how to operate this so I will just press random buttons"

"We can send them without the restraints down, don't you think so Jeff?"

*while restraints still up* "Launching in 5, 4, 3..."

"Ever seen the movie Final Destination 3?"

This happened during a high school trip to WDW. One of the first rides was on Mr. Toad’s Wild ride. Friends of mine in the car in front of us were goofing off during the ride. When they got back to the station, they were greeted by a member of security. After a talk, they were free to go.

The rest of the day, whenever they boarded a ride, the ride op checking restraints would lean over and tell them, “We know what you did on Mr. Toad’s. We’ll be keeping an eye on you.” Definitely not something you want to hear from a ride op!

Something that I have used in the past when operating a frisbee ride and some people looked nervous and asked ''Is it safe?''

''Yeah sure, don't worry. If the restraints come up in the middle of ride then just hold on real tight...'' and then I walk off the platform

"Enjoy your ride on Manhattan Express."

"Enjoy your ride on this SLC. Not responsible for bleeding limbs."

"Uh-oh. Someone just puked on the Enterprise. Oh well, just put your feet around it."

"Welcome back. We hope you enjoyed the Vortex (PGA). Please take a complementary Tylenol, you'll feel better."

"Oh crap!"

This happened during a high school trip to WDW. One of the first rides was on Mr. Toad’s Wild ride. Friends of mine in the car in front of us were goofing off during the ride. When they got back to the station, they were greeted by a member of security. After a talk, they were free to go.

The rest of the day, whenever they boarded a ride, the ride op checking restraints would lean over and tell them, “We know what you did on Mr. Toad’s. We’ll be keeping an eye on you.” Definitely not something you want to hear from a ride op!

I'm curious as to what exactly they did, but I'm to afraid to ask for more details. My mind is conjuring up bad things that are way too inappropriate for this site!!!

A couple of true stories from SFMM:

Superman: The Escape

We had a ride where the car didn't slow down on the return trip. We zoomed backwards through the station and hit the black flaps. I remember everyone on the ride going "WOAHH!!" The ride attendant came out and asked us, "Has anyone been on this ride before?" We all responded, "Yes" So she said, "Okay good so you know this isn't supposed to do this right?"

I thought that was hilarious..

Tidal wave..

We were waiting in the station and they dispatched a boat. A few minutes later the attendant whispered to the attendant at the control panel.

"Jeremy where's the boat!?!? It's been gone a long time"

Jeremy said, I don't know.

The attendant went running up the stairs because the boat got stuck at the turn around before the drop..

Maint ran up and kicked the boat and it came down. That was fun lol..

John

TatsuFan@aol.com

I'm curious as to what exactly they did, but I'm to afraid to ask for more details. My mind is conjuring up bad things that are way too inappropriate for this site!!!

Please, remove your mind from the gutter! Especially since it was two guys who got in trouble, and this isn't (wasn't) Brokeback Toad!

They were doing stuff like throwing trash between cars, trying to slap hands with oncoming cars, and touching the scenary. Typical sophmoric behaivor.

And of course, I was a model guest through all of it !

Haven't heard anything like that, but my lively imagination can think of a few things...

Just as the breaks are released and you are leaving the station: "Been nice knowing you!"

Just as you come into the station and the breaks slam on: "Is that a natural sound?"

"Tell me. When the cars go over the crest of the hills, is it supposed to make that sound?"

Oh! Someone at some park should have these signs on the track. Just at the end of the lift hill: "Been Nice Knowing You!"

And at the end of the break run: "You Survived? ... Cool!"

/Edward

Me and my cousins were on Drop Zone at PGA and when the ride op came to check our restraints she was like "Don't worry guys, this ride hasn't crashed to the ground....yet"

The look on my cousins faces were priceless, but then after she laughed it off and said we were perfectly safe.