TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I am going to the park on spring break and because I am too lazy to look through 1,100+ pages of this thread, I am going to ask a stupid question.

Which rides should I go on right at the beginning?

Is it still X2? Terminator? Tatsu? Superman? Goliath? Percy?

Deja Vu and Terminator first! Work your way down from there all the way to Goliath and Scream.

Catch X2 later in the day. Tatsu later in the day (the line will get shorter later in the day GUARANTEED!)

I am going to the park on spring break and because I am too lazy to look through 1,100+ pages of this thread, I am going to ask a stupid question.

Which rides should I go on right at the beginning?

Is it still X2? Terminator? Tatsu? Superman? Goliath? Percy?

Option A (better for Spring Break): Run to X2, then get a flashpass and go on the older coasters while the flashpass queues for the newer ones. If you got a gold flashpass and want to pay extra for X2, you need not run there.

Option B: RUN to Terminator, then Deja Vu if it is open. Head back up to Tatsu and ride if the line is still under a half hour (approximately one switchback per train running). Next, climb up the hill and ride Ninja, followed by Superman. Go down the back and head around the park clockwise, hitting (in order) Gold Rusher, Riddler's Revenge, Batman The Ride, Colossus, Scream, Goliath, Canyon Blaster, Revolution, Viper, X2. If anything has a longer line than you wish to wait, you can try again later but you may not have time to return to the ride. I used this option Memorial Day weekend 2008 but with X2, Deja Vu first and Tatsu last and got to everything except Gold Rusher and Canyon Blaster (no Terminator) but was unable to do any non-coaster rides. However, I recommend X2 late because it doesn't always open with the park.

Option C: Split your visit over two days. This may or may not be possible depending on your schedule but you would definitely be able to do everything (coaster and non-coaster). If you only care about coasters the above options are better.

^ That is SFoT and Aquaman Splashdown in the background. I was just there over the weekend. If these new Studio6F count as "new attractions" how much longer before we see "Coming in 2011...Wac-a-Mole" I walked into Studio6F as fast as I walked out.

I am just saying....

So, finally I got confirmation from SFMM about the new Platinum FP. They just told me that now the Gold FP will "only" reduce waiting time in 50%, while the Platinum will do it in 90%, and will also have give the rider the opportunity of riding 2 times just waiting once....and yes, you still have to pay the 10$ to ride X2

I am at the park right now, having a nice blueberry muffin at the Cyber Cafe.

Rides so far:

Terminator: 1x

Colossus: 1x

Goldrusher: 1x

Jet Stream: 1x

Deja Vu: 1x

Deja Vu reopened today so I took a spin on it. MrSix's DanceCoaster still hasnt gone up yet, although I saw a few trucks pass by the site so maybe they are clearing the site up a little more. I'm also begining to believe that the main reason its taking so long with vertical construction is that Vekoma isnt finished with the new trains yet, so...

I have a thought though on Gold Rusher.

I know its the park's oldest coaster, but why not spruce it up a little by covering the entire ride and make it look like you are racing through a gold mine? Kinda like Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland, for a better refence to what I'm talking about. (and I'm NOT saying they should completely replace gold rusher, just spruce up the theming).

^ I wonder how many people know that the Cyber Cafe's original name was "The Coffee Grinder?" Probably the same number of people knew that the Golden Bear Theatre was originally known as the "7-Up/Dixie Cola Showcase Theatre."

Good to hear that Deja Vu is up and running. Are Batman and Ninja open yet?

Eric

^ I wonder how many people know that the Cyber Cafe's original name was "The Coffee Grinder?" Probably the same number of people knew that the Golden Bear Theatre was originally known as the "7-Up/Dixie Cola Showcase Theatre."

Good to hear that Deja Vu is up and running. Are Batman and Ninja open yet?

Eric

Batman was running but Ninja was closed. I was at the park until 3:30 and Goliath never opened!!! It looks pretty with it's new paint job.

coasternut

Eric

And back in the 80's that building was also Troll House, Carnation Corner, & the Ice Cream Factory (or just ICF), if memory serves.

Good to hear that Deja Vu is up and running.

Eric

Yeah Deja Vu's reopening was a nice surprise, and just in time for the summer crowds too. Although I may have been a bit of a jack--- to a girl behind me who asked me about my height while I was waiting in the front row for Deja Vu, so if you are on here, sorry about that!

I think Roaring Rapids is still closed, and Ninja as well. Log Jammer was closed today. Goliath was closed throughout much of the day, opening at about 3-4 in the afternoon.

Terminator broke down for about 15-30 minutes when I was in line, and after that, literally, half the line left. Would have been funny too if the ride opened just after they all left.

Also, the park was fairly crowded, although I didnt pay attention to wait times.

Total ride count:

Colossus: 2x

Goliath: 1x

Terminator: 1x

Deja Vu: 1x

Revolution: 1x

Jet Stream: 1x

I want to add one more thing: if you want to buy a Papa John pizza cheesebread, they now serve them in boxes with about eight -ten pieces arranged like a mini pizza. I ended up buying two boxes because I still thought they served three pieces each, before I found that out lol.

Looking for clarification on the "Arrow magic seat"? I'll give Viper another chance since i heard it's running better now. Can't wait for the bash, haven't been on X2 since it changed to X2 and haven't been on Terminator at all.

Rides i wouldn't mind being scrapped:

Revolution

Ninja

Goldrusher

S:TE

Riddler's Revenge(hurts my legs and ____)

Colossus

Viper

All before Scream! Haters.

The guy with the sunset pictures, excellent shots!

^ That's happened to me several times, technical difficulties are a blessing in disguise, only exception was Xcelerator when the ride op told me "this usually takes over an hour".

The first time I tried the Arrow Magic Seat, I was pretty amazed, but then I tried again, and it felt maybe just a tad bit better than other rows. Viper is pretty fine now, though, just hold yourself still by pressing on the restraints or whatever, and you should be fine!

And Scream can die! Although it does beat most of those listed. Riddler's is awesome, Revo is a classic (but sucks), Viper is super fun, and Goldrusher is good for the littleuns and gives a pretty good night ride in the back.