TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Right?! I mean, Wile E Coyote completely dying, and then totally being at it again 5 seconds later is hilarious. And then dying again, and so on, and so on. Kids need unrealistic humor. Not just 'I'm Katie, and I like to dance!"

Chris.

Does anyone know what used to be here? The first 5 people to email the answer to Dan win a TPR Bag-of-Crap! The first person to send a PICTURE to Dan of what used to be here gets a HUGE box of crap! EMAIL DAN: mrt0ad13@aol.com

Today I got my "Bag" of Crap in the mail from last month's contest.

Thanks Robb!

Here are the contents of the Envelope of Crap, including random park maps, DVD, TPR The Pen and TPR the Chapstick!

100_1058_resized.jpg.611ad53f22c9b4a4791f86fe3f139a13.jpg

Do we know for sure that X2 will be gold flashpass only forever? Or will they let regular users spend the $10 per ride later in the season?

That could be for me the difference between gold and regular, which I'm guessing is the same for many others.

Thanks for reminding me about the Looney Tunes!!! Those cartoons still rock today just liked they did years and years ago. I remember that one of my favorite things about SFMM was whenever I stood in a line for a ride I could always look up to the monitors, forget about the wait time, and enjoy a few laughs before riding. It's crazy that something so simple can make a difference in the overall experience at the park IMO.

Regular-Virtual wait.

Entitles you to wait the actual time of the attraction, but not in line.

(I.E. two hour wait for Tatsu, you are given a return time. You can spend that two hours doing something else)

Gold-Reduced wait

Entitles you to a reduced wait up to 75% of stand by line

(I.E. two hour wait for Tatsu for you would be 30 minutes)

What does the Flash Pass do for you? And what does Gold get you above the Standard version? $62 on top of your entrance fee sounds expensive.

It depends on what is worth more to you - $62 or your time. If you go on a busy day, that $62 could save you HOURS of waiting in line and mean you get multiple rides on each coaster as opposed to just maybe one.

--Robb

Seems like those gold flash passes are really worth their money. I mean, wow!, to a maximum of 75% off your waiting , while you are not in line at all !

I'll surely be buying one when i get to SFMM this summer.

I've also got a few question to go along with this though:

- Many rides seem to have the flashpass system , but will ( during the summer , around the end of july ) all rides be running with a flashpas lane ?

Or will certain rides be guaranteed to be running without flashpass? ( like terminator )

- There is ofcourse a limit to the number of flash passes , so is it useful to get to the park , about 30 minutes before opening to buy a flash pass ?

- I don't think you can reserve a flash pass via the internet ( as I will buy my entrance tickets online but couldn't find a flashpass there ), so can you buy them at the same place where you buy your park tickets, or is it a different line?

Thanks in advance

Michielh3

^The rides designated for Flashpass can vary from day-to-day, but for the most part they are pretty cosistant. The only ride that MIGHT not be available for Flashpass on busier days that I can think of is MAYBE Deja Vu. And still it's a MAYBE

This is the park's first peak season with the new Flasspass system, so no one really knows for sure how the popularity for it will fair. I still suggest getteig there for opening. That way you be one of the first to get your pass, and maybe even sneak a ride on X if you're lucky.

I'm not sure if you can buy the new system at the ticket booths,as there is an instructional video you must watch in order to familiarize yourself with the system. Even if you COULD buy the system at the ticket booths, you'd still have to watch the video and pick up the hardware, so it's best to just head to the sales center inside the park. It's real easy to find even for first time visitors

It seemed to me looking at the six flags site yesterday that you could actually buy the flashpass online and then just go to the park to pick it up. I didn't follow the cart all the way through (because really I was just trying to see what the reduced rate was for Xtreme AP holders). But it did seem to work, you choose the day and it seemed it would allow online purchase to print out at home.

On a separate note about Looney Toons characters, my kids have only watched a few of them (not because they are offensive but because I rarely find them on TV). My kids are 3 and 5 and I have no problem with them watching them. The first time they saw Sylvester at SFMM they ran up and hugged him, regardless of not knowing who he was!

I would have to say that Loony Tunes, and pretty much all of Warner's cartoons cater to an older demographic, so I can see why there really isn't a strong pressence in the parks. I mean, cartoon violence was their claim to fame, and despite the fact that seeing Bugs slamming Daffy over the head with fake anvils at the park would be awesome, family oriented crowds wouldn't like that too much. I think most parks should go park to playing Loony Tunes clips in lines and throughout the park verses the "Six Flags TV". I mean, banners and in-park billboards would be just as effective.

Looney Tunes started in the 30's and hit their "hay day" in WWII. I didn't see these cartoons until they were over 25 years old. They were the best then and now. Adults today will curb their children from watching such crazy violent cartoons but think nothing of letting their children listen to (and watch) Britney Spears. I'm getting off on a tangent. Kids love big fluffy characters and that's that.

I have never been a fan of these Fast, Flash, Q, passes. I think at Disneyland it has ruined some of the queues. The queue for Indy cost 10 million and now people just run through it. Also not all guests will share the same experience. If you have the extra cash then you get the "special treatment" I really dislike up-charges.

^ Disneyland has hardly ruined their ques at all, considering most of the time their lines for most of their attractions, in particular Pirates, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Nemo, can have a wait time of 2hrs or more, and most people spend only a few minutes looking at the theming whenever the pass by it. And long waits can ruin your day, so the Flash pass system makes that much easier in that you can get in as many attractions as possible.

In Six Flags case, would you rather spend a few extra bucks to get a q-bot or flash pass for X2, spend that time in a much shorter line of, say, Viper or Revolution, and then make it back to X2 in time to ride it, and then do the same over again for Tatsu, Goliath, etc., or not?

I'm not a big fan of flash passes either, but hey, if its an easier convenience for me and I can afford it, in a theme park, I'd buy em.

My feeling on Flash pass is that if you like it and want to spend the money good for you. If you don't like it and don't want to spend on it, that's just fine as well. Not sure the need for a big debate over if it is a good idea or not.

If you go to the park on a Saturday afternoon in July and don't get Flash Pass, just accept that you're not going to get on everything. If you want to ride everything and not spend the money of Flash pass, then go on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Simple as that.

I really don't want to backseat mod, but can we please not discuss whether or not we like the Flash Pass? We have has approximately a thousand discussions/topics/threads about this already. Basically every opinion has been expressed.

...just sayin...

Chris.

I liked the Six Flags chain more when there were huge looney tunes playlands, mist coming down from all the bridges, and the song "the entertainer" playing though all the fake music rocks through out the park. I went to SF Great America already this year and appreciate their efforts in cleaning the park up, employees being more friendly, the giant on/off switch in the front of the park, and mr. six, but I do miss the old days.

Hey everyone, I remember seeing a picture of a Burger King coupon either in this topic or the Terminator topic that was a park admission for $29 and was wondering if anyone knows how long that promo is going for? If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it! And while im here, does anyone know if there are any better discounts out there? Thanks!

^ Another way to save some money is to purchase a season pass, and use one of the free friend admissions that come with it. You can also save money around the park with the coupon book. I used to do that in order to get my friends to pay for half of my season pass

Chris.

Hey guys thanks for the replys! I figured the half off deal was gonna be the best I could find, but figured it wouldnt hurt to ask. And as far as the season pass, I was thinking about doing just that but figured I might not come back to the park again this year so didnt want to mess with the processing line an all that (I know in the past that line has been pretty long) so I think im just gonna go with the half off deal. Well thanks again guys!

^ No parking pass in this year's booklet. But I think you can get a parking add-on. Normally, I get the Xtreme Pass, so I get the parking anyway. If you go to the park three or four times, the Xtreme Pass is the way to go.

Eric