TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Sorry if this is completely random, but I figured since it's Magic Mountain related, I'd post it here. Anyway, here's something funny I noticed on an empty billboard when I was at 'In-n-Out' by LAX today. Sorry for the quality, but I took it on my iPhone.

621734229_NinjaBillboard.jpg.53acad671d8479d52b6cf669ddfd03bd.jpg

Only a true coaster nerd would recognize this... and then subsequently take a picture of it too.

^ WOW! What a great find!!!!

Were you the "President of Fun" this morning?

Nope. I am not involved with the Opening Ceremony. But glad to hear your family got to participate in the highest honor of the day!

Was that you serving as host and taking down names and wristband numbers and recording scores? If so, I met you without even knowing it.

It might have been! I was at the Metallica stage for most of the day. I was wearing black slacks and a black button down shirt. Glad to hear you got to play! Did you get a high score?

Just looking at Gregg's Batman photo with his son made me glad that SFMM hasn't joined some of its sister parks in painting their Batman rides yellow. I like the industrial look that ours has.

And great update on Terminator. That's going to be a wonderful addition to the park.

I have to say that I'm glad that they're charging for X2 for the Flash Pass. If it were free, the "regular" line would be ridiculously long.

The single rider line at Deja Vu was a great way to ride it without a long wait...I'll miss that.

Eric

Nope. I am not involved with the Opening Ceremony. But glad to hear your family got to participate in the highest honor of the day!

Then he must be your twin or something.

Sorry I didn't see your post, would have loved to say hey. Plus Guitar Hero Metallica ... woot.

As much as I liked the colors and area of Batman at SFOG, I have to agree with Eric. I like the look of SFMM's Batman.

Could Tidal Wave fit with Flashback's area?

Because right now its only a rumor, and probably someone's April Fool's Day joke when the rumor was sent in to Screamscape, but supposedly Tidal Wave is going to be removed for Wiggles World.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

I was thinking if it was, that they would not get ride of it because it is much needed relief in the California summer heat, instead just place it where Flashback was or hand it over to Hurricane Harbor as its "new" 2010 attraction.

I think Tidal Wave is too big for Flashback's old spot. The ride is 20 years old, so I'm almost inclined to think that SFMM will just get rid of it. Freefall's old location along with Tidal Wave's rumored to open up spot would make a nice big area to put something, be it Wiggles World or next year's coaster.

Eric

^^ Truth. People don't realize how much energy it takes to move all that water. Tidal Wave has been closed the last few times I've been out at SFMM. While I do like flumes, the splashwater rides don't do much for me, so I wouldn't miss Tidal Wave if it's removed.

Eric

^^I have heard the PP rumor as well, and while this is a SFMM thread, I just want to point out that regardless of their problems on it, it is the ONLY ride at KBF that terrifies me. I think that would be a bad decision. Tidal wave can go, there is still quite a lot to do at SFMM that involves water.

I DO think that if it gets removed, they should add something that 'guarantees' getting wet somewhere in the park. Theres nothing like trying to get wet and then the wave always misses you. Perhaps a fountain somewhere in the park would be a fantastic replacement. As mentioned, I think the bridge was more popular on Tidal Wave than the ride itself.

Chris.

The fountains would go well with The Wiggles World area. As families go to get wet and cool off, they look and see a Wiggles World area, and if they have teens, who probably wont want to do anything in Wiggles World, Riddler and Batman arent far off, so the family could briefly split and meet back up later.

^ Yes, Looney Tunes are timeless, as are Disney characters. But do they even show Looney Tunes on TV anywhere? They used to show them in the park on the monitors, but then started cutting them out in favor of advertising and music videos.

Eric

^ Yes, Looney Tunes are timeless, as are Disney characters. But do they even show Looney Tunes on TV anywhere? They used to show them in the park on the monitors, but then started cutting them out in favor of advertising and music videos.

Eric

Boomerrang shows the old classic cartoons, like Flinstones and the Jetsons. I think I've seen a few Looney Tunes on there. Cartoon Network also occasionally shows them as well (besides the baby Looney Tunes)