TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

I've always hated the tree. Never saw the point of it, and thought it stood out. As far as the wasps, I remember working there one day and a bunch of kids knocked one of the nests down with a rock or a stick or something. Provided a hour of some terrifying entertainment.

I've always hated the tree. Never saw the point of it, and thought it stood out. As far as the wasps, I remember working there one day and a bunch of kids knocked one of the nests down with a rock or a stick or something. Provided a hour of some terrifying entertainment.

I think the point was to honor the (relatively) nearby Giant Sequoia forests, some of the most beautiful places on the planet. Unfortunately, neglect and disinterest turned this into an overgrown pile of decaying polyurethane foam full of wasps feeding on sugar water drinks. (Ironically, some fallen Giant Sequoias observed over a century ago are still mostly not-rotted on the forest floor, they take a very long time to decay, unlike foam fake trees.) It doesn't inspire me to go back to SFMM although I have two "credits" to get there (yolo and the drop tower). Riding the RMC coasters is a bigger priority for me than another visit to SFMM.

I was just watching a video of SFMM back in the early 90's, and man, it looks so nice compared to what it is today. Everything seems so clean from back then. I wish the park would take note.

The memories that video brings back. 91 or 92 was probably the last visit I made to the park before my parents moved the family to Arizona in 93. I still remember going with my friend Todd when his dad got tickets from his work (he worked at the Lockheed plant just over the hill). Those were some awesome nights. The park just isn't the same now.

Oh and this video was probably taken right around the time of my first visit to the park:

I was just watching a video of SFMM back in the early 90's, and man, it looks so nice compared to what it is today. Everything seems so clean from back then. I wish the park would take note.

Wow the park actually looks really nice then, maybe the management should take a look at that video.

If you look at the changes that have been made as far as management goes I am not in the least surprised at what is going on at sfmm the general sam was falling apart and with the 2014 plans it was time for it to go .being a former veteran employee i had my doubts about the way they ran the park but i had positive hopes as well in my recent visits Ive seen good things happening lets hope they become more clear as time goes by .

I for one think that that tree just made the park look cheap and ugly. As well, since it was now next to the new Full Throttle area, it just seemed out of place. I think they should make a sleek new entrance and next to it have a little Magic Mountain history museum. It would be great.

I know that this is of topic, but does anyone have a clue where bonzai pipelines will be located and what the slides will look like?

I for one think that that tree just made the park look cheap and ugly. As well, since it was now next to the new YOLOcoaster area, it just seemed out of place.

Are you Implying YOLOland doesn't look cheap and ugly?

YOLOplaza is not the greatest, but it does have an upbeat vibe to it. When it is shadowed by a giant and ugly fake tree, it looks pretty bad.

If the tree was maintained by the management all these years, it wouldn't look as bad.

YOLOplaza is not the greatest, but it does have an upbeat vibe to it.

The only vibe I get from YOLOplaza is a cheap and temporary vibe.

If the tree was maintained by the management all these years, it wouldn't look as bad.

YOLOplaza is not the greatest, but it does have an upbeat vibe to it.

The only vibe I get from YOLOplaza is a cheap and temporary vibe.

More like a temporarly cheap vibe !

But knowing SFMM, that is never going to happen. Also, any one know anything about bonzai pipelines?!?!?

As a child I loved magic mountain . I remember the magic Pagoda and would just go in it over and over. I have found it hard to find video or pictures from its hey day. I do remember the water falls you would walk under, the talking budda with the projection, black light room with the flying dragon, and they added these rooms with a clear wall. It would give you the illusion you vanished in to this air like Star Trek. Does any one have video or good pictures? I think they even had a mirror maze.