TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

This would be an awesome coaster for Rocky Mountain, I'm only hoping that it will stay open long enough for them to run the Psyclone trains backwards this year.

If I were to guess at a timeline, I'd guess that the park will keep Colossus open through the end of Fright Fest and promote "last time ever" for backwards Colossus like crazy. They would then either close the ride right after, or run it through winter break before closing it. Given the size of the attraction, I'm thinking it will take 12-16 months to rebuild, so I wouldn't expect the refurbishment to be complete until Spring/Summer 2015. With Full Throttle opening this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the park gets little to nothing for 2014. Perhaps Hurricane Harbor could finally get a major new attraction next year instead.

What if they kept one side wood and just put topper track on and redo the other side with steel? Then it could be like a battle between steel and wood coasters.

If they are planning to retrack it, I like this idea, really. Not sure if it's viable to redo only one side if they need to reprofile for the topper track. I sure it can be done, but at what cost.

Not really sure how I feel about redoing the whole ride. I know, Colossus is getting old and a bit rough around the edges, but it's not nearly as bad as some of it's newer wooden cousins that truly beat the crap out of you (I give you The Boss at SFStL -- now there's a ride that NEEDS topper track).

I'm waiting for the big announcement that parks are going to start re-tracking classic Arrows with wood. Might actually make some of them smoother...

I don't see them re-doing each track with a different technology. I'm sure if they did, both would get plenty of riders, but it seems like if people knew the difference at all, they might ignorantly dismiss the wooden side as, say, inferior. Plus, I'm not sure the distinction matters to SF, since NTAG was at least originally marketed as a wooden coaster.

This would be an awesome coaster for Rocky Mountain, I'm only hoping that it will stay open long enough for them to run the Psyclone trains backwards this year.

If I were to guess at a timeline, I'd guess that the park will keep Colossus open through the end of Fright Fest and promote "last time ever" for backwards Colossus like crazy. They would then either close the ride right after, or run it through winter break before closing it. Given the size of the attraction, I'm thinking it will take 12-16 months to rebuild, so I wouldn't expect the refurbishment to be complete until Spring/Summer 2015. With YOLOcoaster opening this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the park gets little to nothing for 2014. Perhaps Hurricane Harbor could finally get a major new attraction next year instead.

YES... SFHH seems LONG overdue for a non "play area" attraction, Like a new body slide...

I want to be happy and really be excited...but we all know, if there's one park in this country that could somehow screw this up...well...yeah.

They'll incorporate a high-five element in the design, but then never run trains on both sides at the same time after the first month or so.

I for one think this is awesome news and I seriously hope and pray they can make this happen. I think RMC have proven themselves to 6F, and will be given the leniency to create a rocking fun ride. Also, based on the smirk that Allan Schilke gave when Colossus was mentioned at IAAPA back in Oh-11', I'm hoping he has something ultra cool and crazy in store. Time will tell.

At first i couldn't see how this could possibly work and then the possibilities hit me... that first drop is going to be incredible and the amount of airtime this coaster could potentially have could be INCREDIBLE. Not to mention it could get a nice new coat of paint.

The only thing I'm worried about is Six Flags doing this to all of their Classic coasters. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE NTAG, and IRAT is 3 hours away, but I'd still like to see Six Flags either maintain some of their classics or build a new breed of wooden coasters to be considered classics 30 years from now (maybe el toro-ish or something with RMC topper track). Although this 'New Breed' could be the Iron Horse track cousins!

Just my 2 cents

I want to be happy and really be excited...but we all know, if there's one park in this country that could somehow screw this up...well...yeah.

They'll incorporate a high-five element in the design, but then never run trains on both sides at the same time after the first month or so.

You're giving the park too much credit to suggest they'd run both sides for an entire month.

You're giving the park too much credit to suggest they'd run both sides for an entire month.

I'm sure they'll confer with the folks at Happy Valley Wuhan if they ever "High Five" the ride.

If they build it so it can duel, they will do one of two things:

a) Never run both sides

b) Run both sides, but run only one train on each side most of the year

Also, the reason the mobius idea is not the best idea is because you would need at least 3-4 trains to get a descent capacity on that. And, we are talking about a park that can barely fund two train operations.

At first i couldn't see how this could possibly work and then the possibilities hit me... that first drop is going to be incredible and the amount of airtime this coaster could potentially have could be INCREDIBLE. Not to mention it could get a nice new coat of paint.

The only thing I'm worried about is Six Flags doing this to all of their Classic coasters. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE NTAG, and IRAT is 3 hours away, but I'd still like to see Six Flags either maintain some of their classics or build a new breed of wooden coasters to be considered classics 30 years from now (maybe el toro-ish or something with RMC topper track). Although this 'New Breed' could be the Iron Horse track cousins!

Just my 2 cents

Gravity Group. & GCI!