TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

That's good. My school starts the second week of September this year, so that's why I was thinking about going the last two weeks of my summer vacation. Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it.

I know that the first two weeks of August are heavily crowded. That's why I'm wondering about the crowd levels during the last week of August and first week of September. Especially since the park is only open until 6. I will most likely be visiting on a weekday during those two weeks.

I was wondering what the park has planned for 2010 or 2011, as far as a new attraction for Magic Mountain or Hurricane Harbor, so my suggestion would be where the old Flashback once stood, and surrounding area in the photo below.

We know Flashback is gone, so that space is just sitting empty, and hopefully it will be used for a new, exciting attraction for both kids and adults.

I also noticed that on my last trip to Six Flags (5/18/09), that the old Monorail tracks are still in the park. I thought that was torn out a long time ago. That track isn't going to ever be used again, so they might as well remove it, and the stations.

Tim

423488991_2010_2011space.JPG.6c2188ba15fcea5b3f5bb785f80c2f53.JPG

For 2010 or 2011, this space should be used for a future attraction, either for Magic Mountain or Hurricane Harbor. What do you think?

^ Hurricane Harbor could use the room for expansion, but I don't know what they could put there that would be much different than what they already have.

Except, perhaps, something like a Master Blaster.

Eric

Well, it would have to be a water ride of some sort, to be for both Hurricane Harbor, and Magic Mountain, and I have the perfect suggestion.

A ride like Pilgrim's Plunge at Holiday World, as long as it doesn't have a patent on it. What do you think? This ride looks like alot of fun, and I love the train lift.

Tim

pilgrimplunge.jpg.7f716ca3ff8319b41b016b656954e78c.jpg

A ride such as Pilgrim's Plunge at Holiday World, would be a nice addition to Six Flags Magic Mountain for a 2010 or 2011 attraction for the space by Hurricane Harbor, where Flashback used to be, and the old Monorail station still sits.

^^Pretty doubtful considering they have Tidal Wave...while it's nowhere near as impressive as Pilgrim's Plunge, it's essentially the same type of ride.

I would love to see them use Flashback's old spot for HH expansion and put in a water coaster like Deluge at SFKK. It could easily fit in that spot

st_waterslide_f.jpg.a6848d3f215e952c8c9eaf8217789065.jpg

Deluge @ SFKK

Mountain express looks good, to bad it is someplace in mexico these days. It's working visa expired in the 70's is the last I heard...

Btw, i hope for a deluge myself for SFMM. I think that was the last ride Jay Thomas worked for at SFKK, so one can sure hope...

I know we personally have told Jay multiple times that Deluge would be a great fit for that spot! Plus you could run it from the Magic Mountain side when Hurricane Harbor was closed for the season!

That's one of the last great prime real estates in the park. I think it would be a waste to put a ride there that doesn't have mass appeal. Six Flags needs to come up with something new and special. Deluge isn't it.

If you haven't heard, SFMM already had that ride Mountain Express back in the 70's in the Flashback area, perhaps you were making a joke there.

If they do build a ride such as Pilgrim's Plunge or other water attraction in that area in 2010 or 2011, and bill it as for both Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor, Tidal Wave would be torn out, and a new attraction would be built there in 2012 or 2013.

Tim

Six Flags needs a ride there where people looking from outside the gate/fence are salivating over. I don't think this water ride does that. Especially, what makes you so sure SFMM would run it during the HH off-season? Roarin' Rapids was closed for the Winter. I don't think SFMM wants to operate a ride that nobody wants to get on because it's too cold. If they do it, just leave it in HH permanently and be done with it.

First of all, of course I made a joke about mountain xpress. We all know it was there in the 70's

Second, Deluge would be something that no other themepark in California has. Huge potential to put a ok waterpark on the map. People would go crazy about it!

You can advertise the first "water coaster" in So Cal, park will be jammed!

Third, dont understand the argument that Magic Mountain needs a huge ride out front to pull in the people. It is not a boardwalk, where people leasury walk past it and see something that makes them enter the park.

You dont go to Magic Mountain by "accident" , plus even if you think they need some big ride up front to advertise, X2 will do the job pretty much

It's not to "pull in people". It would something to get the heart rate up/blood flowing in anticipation.

But, if it has to be a water ride. Just leave it in Hurricane Harbor. If you let people ride it in the off season at SFMM (in the cold); why would they waste money on a "bland" water park, just to ride it again at HH?

That's one of the last great prime real estates in the park. I think it would be a waste to put a ride there that doesn't have mass appeal. Six Flags needs to come up with something new and special. Deluge isn't it.

Couple of things. First of all, no it's not one of the last great Prime Real estates in the park as really the only thing that could go there would be either something thrilling for Hurricane Harbor, or something tame for Magic Mountain. Wasn't Flashback closed a lot of the time during the summer (mostly for maintenace I'm sure) but used also as a scapegoat for screams distracting the life guards? If there is truth to that there goes anything that could really be big for the Magic Mountain side (and Management has already said they would like to use that area for a HH expansion if they could)

There is nothing like Deluge in the area so it would mostly a completely new type of ride to the majority of HH AND SFMM clientele. Very easily marketing for the ride. I think the closest "water coaster" would be the Master Blaster at Roseville Golfland Sunsplash about 340 miles north of Valencia. So there's "The tallest fastest scariest and only water coaster in Southern California!"

And they would "waste money" to ride it again, because from everything I've seen and heard about the ride says it's really fun and could easily be re-ridable. And by making sure you can only ride the thing at HH during the summer, it would get people to pay to go ride it (who heard from a friend who rode it during winter that said it was amazing blah blah insert other word of mouth story here). And lastly, people still ride Logjammer, Jetstream, and Sierra Falls and yes they are all water rides and all usually open during the winter months (Baring rehabs of course)

Again, leave it in one area or the other. All you are going to get are confused fans of the ride wondering why they can ride it one month and than have to pay an additional fee to ride it another month.

And it's not like they don't give you a free pass to the water park with the purchase of a season pass anyway. I can see the point you are trying to make, but it doesn't hold up, people will figure it out that the ride is with HH when HH is open and might be open during the winter for SFMM only. That's if they even go that option.