TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

Choose the red pill, stay in wonderland and He shows you how deep the rabbit hole goes"

Edited by JeromyL

Hi folks,

Just after an idea here. Does anyone know based off past experience what the week before Easter is like crowd wise? Also, is the park likely to return to full 7 day a week operations in that week next year? Easter is early in 2016 (end of march), and the two times I have visited previously have been in roughly the third week of March and the last week of weekend only operation (meaning they returned to full time operation the following weekend). But in both those years (2012 & 2014 Easter a few weeks away).

Returning again in 2016, but want to start getting an idea of schedule as we are only overseas in the US for about 10 nights, and 4 of those we are in Vegas.

just an opinion here. "if you have to dope yourself up on med's to ride coasters, you most likely shouldn't be riding them". good lord!

Hahahahaha........ That's Good!

No in all seriousness! You shouldn't have to pop a pill just to ride coasters, that is just plain wrong. Your health is not worth it, so don't!

You want excitement, pop the little blue pill.

If you experience airtime lasting more than 4 hours consult a doctor.

I doubt a cop would do that to a line cutter. the suspect probably did something much worse.

Well apparently, the guests were asked to leave by the ride attendant and refused... so they took it to the next level to get them off the ride.

i went on Friday and Saturday. Friday was dead. Walk ons and near-walk ons on everything.. all... day. Except Tatsu for a period of time had a full line but that's it. What a great day. Me and my friend rode X2 three times in a row without leaving the station. Saturday was a different story. Pretty packed. We got in 10 minutes early and were able to walk on X2 and Tatsu in the front seat with no problem, but soon after that, the crowds got pretty heavy. Not too bad though. I think the longest line was Apocalypse which was like an hour. They were only running one train, and it was closed for a good portion of the day. Some rides such as Scream and Viper were walk-ons the whole day though.

It was my first time going to SFMM, or on any decent coaster really, in eight years. I was very pleased and had a great time. Scream and Tatsu are a lot rougher than I remember, but still great. Scream is actually a lot better than I remember. I always remember feeling underwhelmed by it but I absolutely love Scream now. The weirdest thing is I always hated Viper, but I rode it three times yesterday and I love it to death now. SO much less rough than I remember, and way more fun. I think it's because I'm tall enough to where my ears don't get bashed by the shoulder restraints. Say what you want about Viper, I adore it.

Isn't it kind of strange that SFMM has not dropped any hints about 2016? Don't they usually drop some type of hint? (at least in past years?)

Edit: Or see signs of construction at the park? (like construction walls, track on site, spray painted concrete) etc?

Actually, I just found some hints...

Apologies to mods if we are not allowed to post things from "coaster chit chats"

Recently, Carter, our Southern California correspondent, was at Six Flags Magic Mountain. He happened to see a marker outside Revolution (the park’s Schwazpokf Looping coaster) and some land clearing by Apocaplyse. He took a picture of the marker outside Revolution. It is above. He reported that the land clearing by Apocaplyse could only be seen on the ride, so he didn’t take any pictures to break park policy.

http://coasterchitchat.com/index.php/2015/08/27/marker-appears-at-six-flags-magic-mountain/

Isn't it kind of strange that SFMM has not dropped any hints about 2016? Don't they usually drop some type of hint? (at least in past years?)

Edit: Or see signs of construction at the park? (like construction walls, track on site, spray painted concrete) etc?

Well, signs of construction would only be there if they were planning on constructing something... They may not be. My personal hope is they're finally going to give Revolution long-needed new trains and a refurbishment. Maybe they don't feel it's that marketable to the GP?

If Rev does indeed get a restoration, I wonder which manufacturer will do the trains. I'd imagine Gerstlauer (who did Sooperdooperlooper) is out of the equation. Which is unfortunate because I really liked those trains when I was at Hershey last week.

Maybe the whole Gerstlauer/Six Flags beef is over.....?

I sure hope so bc those new Gerstlauer trains on SDL are fantastic, it rides like a new coaster. Would love to see Revolution get new trains and some much needed TLC. I have so many great memories of riding it when I was a kid but I won't go near it now. The double restraints are laughable and it rattles like crazy. Revolution is a piece of coaster history and deserves to be restored to its former glory with no OTSRs!