TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Going to the park next month. Six Flags hasn't updated the Flash Pass ride list online (Still says Colossus when you go to buy them!), is Twisted Colossus available right now to use Flash Pass with? I'm assuming it's platinum only right now, but is it a per ride up-charge as well like X2? Thanks!

Right now it's not available at all due to the demand, but I've heard that within a few weeks it will be added as a reservation upcharge to platinum flash passes for $30 per ride.

The employee that assigns you which row to go said that this little girl rode it 76 times already. She was there for media day and every day except finally not going today. That is insane. I have ridden it 7 times so far, how many have you guys?

I was there on Wednesday - media day too. We had to be there at 4:30am, but were rewarded with lots of rides. I also rode Thursday, Friday and Sunday. I skipped Saturday - day 1 for the GP. I had heard there was a girl that had me beat. I ended up with 47 on TC before I flew home on Sunday. Great time!!

Did you have any friends with you since it was free bring a friend day? If so, were they allowed to participate in the passholder ERT with you or enter the park at 9:30 with you?

Gold pass holders only, no guests. The pass is checked several times. The guest must remain outside.

^ They let me in the park with my free bring a friend (it was around 9:45), and I just have a regular season pass, so that answers my question.

We've been in line with the other Passholders for over 30 minutes now and they just started loading trains with people ten minutes ago. At least we'll be able to ride before the masses arrive.

^ Are you sure they are running three trains? Because I am in line ( I can't see much of the track) and it feels like only one or two trains are running by the pace of the line.

i'm not there but just a comment on the line. when i was there monday, the line moved so damn slow. i thought it was kind of weird because they were hauling ass in the station.

^It's because there were so many "handicapped" people. Half of them being teens who were jumping around. They were filling half of each train with handicapped people. That's why the line was moving so slow. That ride had the type of handicapped problem that Disneyland had a few years ago.

^It's because there were so many "handicapped" people. Half of them being teens who were jumping around. They were filling half of each train with handicapped people. That's why the line was moving so slow. That ride had the type of handicapped problem that Disneyland had a few years ago.

it wasn't like that when i was in the station que. there were some, but not many. i did just push forward at the split where the attendant was going to split the line and let some ADA people through. that group definitely knew someone to get the pass. but yeah, when i was there, it wasn't that bad.

i think the ride duration is just long enough that it just doesn't have the capacity like a Goliath when it ran 3 train operation effeciently.

Twisted Colossus was amazing! The airtime moments aren't as intense as El Toro or Skyrush but all the elements are really fun, especially the Top Gun stall. I'm not sure it's my #1 (I'll have to ride it again and ride X2 today) but it's definitely in my top 5. We missed the duel on the blue side but got it on green side. All the trains seem to be getting at least one duel - the train we dueled with got lucky and got to duel both sides.

We waited about an hour during passholder ERT for our first ride, then rode Scream really quick (station wait), and got in line for TC again with 90 min posted wait. They were now handing out tickets in line to prevent line cutting. Line seems to be moving a lot quicker now that three trains are running.

We waited about an hour during passholder ERT for our first ride, then rode Scream really quick (station wait), and got in line for TC again with 90 min posted wait. They were now handing out tickets in line to prevent line cutting. Line seems to be moving a lot quicker now that three trains are running.

Well then

So to update everyone here who has been asking the same question, a season pass guest using a BAFF or BAF for $35 WILL be allowed to enter the park for the exclusive ride time on TC! (God, 25 min on hold with the park...)

My second ride on TC was even better than my first ride! 8th row, left side. My first ride was in the 11th row, right side. Green side duels both times. Definitely a top three ride for me! So far I've been on two rides on a RMC, two Intamin rides, and two B&M rides. In line for third B&M which has one train running, but my friend wanted to ride it so we're waiting it out.

At Cyber Cafe now. TC went down about 1 hour and 15 minutes ago. There was trouble with trains squealing badly in the turn right outside the station, and the mechanics took a hose and squirted down the tracks. This solved the problem temporarily, but the squealing came back and there were some bad noises after the first hill after the first drop.

Curious if it's because of the same issue? Can anyone comment? Scream went down at about the same time. There was a guy testing the blocks....

Re: ERT today: They did not start boarding until about 10:00 A.M. I was about 225th in line at 9:40 or so, and the wait time from that point to when I got on was 1 hour and 5 minutes. So even with three trains, they were doing no more than 400 rph. It looks like the ride ops were moving quickly, but it's like tatsu, with stuff like "4-6-8-9-12" meaning "tighten those rows." And they were always calling out numbers. I took a couple of data points and found the fastest dispatches to be 2 minutes 15 seconds, and the slowest to be 3 minutes 30 seconds. It looks like that third train didn't really make a difference: it was always stacking.

But with zero-train operations, the rph is 0, and there were about 200 people in line. That means the wait time is pretty large.

Edited by Ridewatchers

At Cyber Cafe now. TC went down about 1 hour and 15 minutes ago. There was trouble with trains squealing badly in the turn right outside the station, and the mechanics took a hose and squirted down the tracks. This solved the problem temporarily, but the squealing came back and there were some bad noises after the first hill after the first drop.

Curious if it's because of the same issue? Can anyone comment? Scream went down at about the same time. There was a guy testing the blocks....

Paint issue?

I noticed that noise on Friday before the high 5. I didn't hear it Tuesday though.

Paint issue?

I noticed that noise on Friday before the high 5. I didn't hear it Tuesday though.

My guess is that the curvature of the track is too high for the train: it's just like Amtrak squealing when it goes into a curve. But why it would jam to a stop in that first turn is unknown to me. Maybe they can send it out slower and have it ramp up to normal speed outside of the turn?

Apocalypse and Tatsu both had longer waits then Twisted Colossus at 90 min each. We skipped Apocalypse but waited it out on Tatsu because my friend had never been on it before. Riddlers Revenge had about as long a wait as TC. All three of these were only running one train. X2 surprisingly only had 15 min waits w/ two trains running so we rode twice. We waited about 30 min for Yolo and are about to board. Nice weather at the park today. It was hotter when I came here in early April, lol.

There's actually quite a few squeals on Twisted Colossus, and I was wondering if that was the norm for most of RMC coasters, especially ones with very specific and tight maneuvers, which I know TC has a lot of. That doesn't seem to be quite the case with some of their other ones. I also know that recently RMC has started making their own trains instead of outsourcing, so could their newer trains have something to do with it? Very strange especially considering they do have the polyurethane wheels, so it's not like it's steel wheels on steel I-Beam track.

I also don't think those hops before the lift hill are going to help with the trains longevity, as it makes a couple pretty ugly noises as it navigates the awkward left and right maneuvers. Not to mention very strange to hear them hosing down the track right after the lift, not sure why they think that would help.

If anything it sounds like they need to take some good 'ol grease, find the screeching contact points on the track, and just start lubing it up until it quiets down.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for the ride, I wonder if they're still working out the kinks, and I really hope things start going a little smoother.