TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Perhaps what they're going to announce is a time travel ride. That way you can go back and enjoy the announcement twice. So, Tuesday, and then again on the same Tuesday.

You would be able to go back to before the Ice Queen was in power.

From your key strokes to God's ears...

Yesterday I received a newsletter from SFMM, it says that "watch out for our next issue on July 11th"

Now, this is purely speculation on my part, but they only usually send these newsletters every month or so, and the latest came today.....So reading between the lines I am just wondering if the next newsletter will be following some special announcement?

This has become my favorite thread. Listening to...people not being able to read and comprehend someones post.

If you think the lack of comprehension in this thread is entertaining, you definitely need to take a look at this one.

This has become my favorite thread. Listening to...people not being able to read and comprehend someones post.

If you think the lack of comprehension in this thread is entertaining, you definitely need to take a look at this one.

I don't know how that thread lacks comprehension. The original article was pointless and I doubt it helped anyone. But you clearly have a condescending attitude towards those with my opinion.

Anyway, I was surprised at how soon SFMM was attempting to open the ride after construction, so I think it's not too outrageous to postpone the opening date, although they should have announced it earlier. To those who complain about how far up the carriage goes: Consider yourselves lucky that SFMM actually spent time and money building the tallest and possibly best Drop Tower (which is my favorite non-coaster ride).

I don't know how that thread lacks comprehension. The original article was pointless and I doubt it helped anyone. But you clearly have a condescending attitude towards those with my opinion.

Anyway, I was surprised at how soon SFMM was attempting to open the ride after construction, so I think it's not too outrageous to postpone the opening date, although they should have announced it earlier. To those who complain about how far up the carriage goes: Consider yourselves lucky that SFMM actually spent time and money building the tallest and possibly best Drop Tower (which is my favorite non-coaster ride).

As a person who has not "complained" but rather point out a concern about the height of the vehicle, I really do hope that they reach the record breaking height they've been announcing. Again, I only speak for myself, from what I have seen form the pictures and where the ride vehicle stops, it doesn't look like it reaches the record breaking height nor probably freefall enough to break "The Giant Drop" record. Again I don't work for Magic Mountain nor do I think I know it all (because I really hope I'm wrong and the record is broken) I'm just going by what I've seen from the updates here and on their facebook page.

As a person who has not "complained" but rather point out a concern about the height of the vehicle, I really do hope that they reach the record breaking height they've been announcing. Again, I only speak for myself, from what I have seen form the pictures and where the ride vehicle stops, it doesn't look like it reaches the record breaking height nor probably freefall enough to break "The Giant Drop" record. Again I don't work for Magic Mountain nor do I think I know it all (because I really hope I'm wrong and the record is broken) I'm just going by what I've seen from the updates here and on their facebook page.

I agree with you there. But I do have full trust that SFMM knows what they're doing, everything is going to plan regarding design, and it is in fact the record-breaker they are claiming. They know more than us observers.

Regardless of where the car stops on the tower, they can claim "world's tallest drop tower" because, well, it is. They don't even have to advertise the drop - everyone watching a commercial will assume that the drop is 415 feet, while Magic Mountain just has to state that the tower is that tall. Pick and choose records to claim - just like Cedar Point, who used Millennium Force to break ten records that they searched far and wide to find.

I wasn't not arguing that point neither but I do remember in their teaser videos claiming the drop to be at least 400ft. I personally just want that fact to be a reality. Again just my thoughts on a ride that I told myself back in 1998, "Man wouldn't it be great to have a freefall ride attached to that tower." So I'm very grateful and excited as a SFMM fan for it.

It would be nice to get the exact height and length of drop to compare. When the Burj Khalifa Tower was built in Dubai, they claimed it was "the world's tallest man made structure ever built". At the same time; they released the exact numbers to prove it: 160 floors, 2,717 feet (828 m). When The Guinness Book Of World Records state something as a "world record" they again release the exact numbers to prove it. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask Six Flags to do the same, ESPECIALLY when the seats only rise half way up the red section of the tower. So if you're dropping from halfway up the red section, and Six Flags is claiming that you're dropping from 400 ft.(15 ft. from the top), that would mean the entire red section is only 30 ft. ...that can't be right, just look at it:

250874_10151062707667125_1586307372_n.thumb.jpg.6531b5d04960e686186ee50b2137eeb4.jpg

nevertheless, it's going to be an amazing ride and the tallest drop tower I'm sure I'll ever go on. I'm both excited for, and dreading the experience of this kind of freefall! I'm just really curious to know the exact numbers, that's all.

The tower is 415 feet. The track looks like it is about 15 feet below the top of the tower which is where the ride is stopping. They said this was the TALLES DROP RIDE. That means the drop tower itself is 400 feet. Look at similar tower rides, the catch car takes up the top of the ride followed then by the gondola. It seems like there is just too much comparing of the Superman Tower and the Lex Luthor Ride being compared. If Lex was its on entity, then I'm sure there would be far less conversation because no one would be able to compare it to the Superman Tower. Dissect it a little bit and pretend they are separate towers. A 400 Foot Drop ride tower is unbelievable in itself. That is still 10 feet taller than the current record holde, Which, I'm sure is a 390 foot tower. So obviously the car isn't going to be falling the full 390 feet. Just like on Lex, the Catch car is going to be closer to the top than then gondola. It's all relative.

^ Huh, sorry I didn't understand your post crazywolf.

By the way I just saw the video SFMM did to announce the ride and it says "plummet over 400ft." I believe they meant that the ride vehicle will drop at least 400ft and not that the tower itself is over 400ft (which it is already).

This whole "it's not 400 ft." thing is getting ridiculous. I think its a bit anal for people to get so discouraged over a ride that might or might not being 10 feet shorter than expected. We understand that you are just in dying need to know how tall this ride truly is. We should all just be happy we are getting a ride like this at SFMM, I know I am. If it's 350, 360, 375, 390, or 400 ft, it's still going to scare the crap out of me and a of other riders in here. Bottom line, the topic is getting really tired. Just leave it alone and i'm sure you will get your answers sooner or later. It is what is it brotha.

This whole "it's not 400 ft." thing is getting ridiculous. I think its a bit anal for people to get so discouraged over a ride that might or might not being 10 feet shorter than expected. We understand that you are just in dying need to know how tall this ride truly is. We should all just be happy we are getting a ride like this at SFMM, I know I am. If it's 350, 360, 375, 390, or 400 ft, it's still going to scare the crap out of me and a of other riders in here. Bottom line, the topic is getting really tired. Just leave it alone and i'm sure you will get your answers sooner or later. It is what is it brotha.

Is it really "ridiculous" discussing about something that pertains to a ride that is about to open? Honestly I don't know why it would bother people just because we want to know a certain statistic about a ride. I for one like to know the stats about rides. I personally feel it's pretty cool knowing how tall something is, how fast it is or anything else that makes me say "wow, that's awesome." I haven't read, since I've been posting about the height issue, anyone feeling discouraged about the height. I think we all have been discussing it pretty openly without any interruption. If the topic is getting "tired" then it will end until we (the people who actually do care) learn the final stats of the ride. Just please be thankful our discussion hasn't been like this...

"Man I really hate Six Flags!!!! THEY LIED TO US!!!! I wanted it to be 400 feet and higher!!!! Why can't they just drop us from the very top of the tower??????!!!!!!! Engineers are smart people, they should be able to make it work like that!!!! I want my record and I'm going to cry about it I get it!!!!!!!!!"

Thank you.