TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Someone indicated that it might happen next week on the 4th. That would diminish the LL:DOD opening though, so I would imagine that it might happen the week after next.

It would seem that the announcement was moved along with the delay for LL:DOD, no? Wasn't the announcement originally planed to occur before LL:DOD? It would make sense (IMO) to announce Full Throttle right before Media Day if possible to add to the media frenzy.

I figured it would make sense to announce it right after to ride the wave off of having the world record drop tower opening. But hey, I don't do marketing.

True, it might sense to announce it after, rather than before. I was just trying to relate to what they had previously planned.

All too often, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing--this is true of many companies. Marketing may have geared up for the original opening date, and pushed on without really being sure about what was going to happen (or based on vague answers from park operations).

My guess is that if the ride opens on July 7 as previously announced, this will all blow over.

^^Yeah, makes sense. I don't know what they originally planned - I was under the impression that Lex Luthor was supposed to open early this month or around Memorial Day, and then was pushed back (eventually to next weekend). Not sure when the announcement date was set.

I guess we'll find out when it happens!

^ Sky Tower?

At least you can bring a camera up there.

True, but it seems that every time I visit the mountain (about every 3-5 months) the Sky Tower is closed or my group doesn't want to visit it -____- But true the Sky Tower allows for pictures

The LA Times reported that they would announce it July 4th. Considering they said that BEFORE opening day was changed, the park probably will make their announcement after Lex opens. If they can delay Lex, they can delay an announcement

I was in the park all day yesterday. Not a single test run of LL:DoD when I was there. Also; the station was completely empty save for a few techs who were walking up and down the tower at points on the day.

They also had a stage and audio equipment set up at the entrance, so the delay must have been last minute.

Last time I checked we're all posting on a website called "ThemeparkREVIEW". If I have a negative opinion on a park or a ride or a parks asinine timeline to open a publicly hyped ride, this would be the place to do it. It is my opinion, along with many other's here, that this park f@%$ed up in this particular instance. Yes, life will go on, and yes in the grand scheme of things this won't matter more than a pimple on my hairy A$$, but we post here cause we want to discuss such matters, both good and bad.

That being said the park stood me up on our date and I'm pissed, but I'll probably end up putting out later anyway cause I'm a whore like that.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm not surprised it got delayed. This community is really well informed when it comes to magic mountain more so then anything else I've seen. With the lack of any physical rider testing I for one thought it wasn't going to make the opening date yet again.

Edited by Fire2box

I have a friend at the L.A. Times who told me it would happen on the second Tuesday of next week. Stay tuned.

Awesome, thanks for the head up! So July 10th....?

Read his post again... your missing a very important word in his post.

I have a friend at the L.A. Times who told me it would happen on the second Tuesday of next week. Stay tuned.

So there's going to be TWO Tuesdays next week, that's crazy! I'm just kidding, I'm sure you meant to say month.

Perhaps what they're going to announce is a time travel ride. That way you can go back and enjoy the announcement twice. So, Tuesday, and then again on the same Tuesday.

Of course!

I like that idea!

You would also be able to go back in time and experience the delays all over again... how awesome would that be?

Just looked in the value book and saw that the free weekday in June admission is NOT valid tomorrow. Seriously!? I was gonna use my free friend tickets then and I have been planning that for weeks! So that's kinda ruined.. I have some people who have never been to the Mountain before too. Bummer.

So there's going to be TWO Tuesdays next week, that's crazy! I'm just kidding, I'm sure you meant to say month.

That's what I thought he meant but I wanted to make sure lol.