TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I talked to the director and he said a few things that may, or may not be new.

- The ride will definitely run with Superman roaring up the track.

- Flash Pass will work for Lex Luthor.

- The ride will have a single riders line.

- The cars have been dropping around 80mph in the testing phase rather than the 85mph that is being advertised.

- He also reaffirmed that the actual drop is 400ft.

- I asked him if he knew the specific reason why the ride was delayed and all he gave me was, "we just needed more time to test it."

- For anyone that recently bought their season pass (such as myself), you should get an email at some point this week to schedule a ride time between July 9th - 13th.

Here is some footage I got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qWP8khF8A

Edited by SeattleJosh

^It is running two trains right now.

Heading down to the park again tomorrow for another Lex update.

My b. Someone definitely told me that the park sent a train to Green Lantern, and now only had one train. Last few times I went, the ride was only running one train as well. My poor mistake-_____-

Do you know why the park runs one train more frequently? I went on days when Riddlers would have one train going and quite a wait, while Scream was walk on with two trains.

I talked to the director and he said a few things that may, or may not be new.

- Flash Pass will work for Lex Luthor.

- The ride will have a single riders line.

- The cars have been dropping around 80mph in the testing phase rather than the 85mph that is being advertised.

- He also reaffirmed that the actual drop is 400ft.

- I asked him if he knew the specific reason why the ride was delayed and all he gave me was, "we just needed more time to test it."

- For anyone that recently bought their season pass (such as myself), you should get an email to schedule a ride time between July 9th - 13th.

Here is some footage I got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qWP8khF8A

That drop looks INCREDIBLE!!! Can't wait to ride it!

^It is running two trains right now.

Heading down to the park again tomorrow for another Lex update.

My b. Someone definitely told me that the park sent a train to Green Lantern, and now only had one train. Last few times I went, the ride was only running one train as well. My poor mistake-_____-

Do you know why the park runs one train more frequently? I went on days when Riddlers would have one train going and quite a wait, while Scream was walk on with two trains.

It had 3 trains. One was sent away. They ran one train while they rehabbed the other for what seemed like forever, etc.

I was there today and only saw LL:DOD do one full drop test while for the rest of the day, they were just pulling the gondolas up and down the tower. They also tested Superman a few times during the afternoon as well. As I was leaving after park closing time, I noticed they replaced the old blinking red light bulbs on the tower with some new brighter red LED-type lights instead. Just a tiny detail, but it seems to give the tower a more modern look during night time now.

Tower of Terror/Giant Drop do that...It's an awesome feeling when the whole tower shakes as the TOT car shoots up.

Does anyone know if both carriages are connected and must rise at the same time?

They won't be....Not like a spaceshot etc.

At Dreamworld they often just run one side of the tower in off peak periods.

I had a nightmare last night about seeing a announcement that the drop ride wouldn't be open until July 18th. Not sure why that scared me since I plan on going after it opens and likely at the end of July. But seeing as they are testing now, hopefully it will open sooner then the 18th.

Also it looks full of pant pissing .

If both sides are running, though, they are pulled up at the same time. Just like any other Intamin tower out there.

Seems like that would be a way to unnecessarily decrease capacity, though.

So are both sides dispatched at the same time only or can they each be dispatched by themselves? I'm thinking the two sides are independent of each other.

It was confirmed by someone earlier that both sides rise (including leaving the station) at the same time, but drop independently.

So are both sides dispatched at the same time only or can they each be dispatched by themselves? I'm thinking the two sides are independent of each other.

It was confirmed by someone earlier that both sides rise (including leaving the station) at the same time, but drop independently.

Park said it at WCB.

IDK who else has read the latest update on The Coaster Guy, but the park has made some modifications to the gondolas, mainly an overhead piece that looks pretty cool. The rest of the update also sheds some more light on what the park's been doing with this extra week... And ACE members will be doing the first rides starting at 5AM on Media Day so that it will be ready. Maybe SFMM has the mindset of, "well, if anything happens, it's ACE members and not TPR members?"

If both sides are running, though, they are pulled up at the same time. Just like any other Intamin tower out there.

Not really. Each side holds what, eight people? So you're essentially running a 16-person drop tower, it just so happens that those people are separated on opposite sides. It's no different from any other Intamin drop tower in the entire world. The only thing that decreases capacity is that this thing isn't a gyro drop that holds 56 people at a time.

No, the two sides are lifted together by the same pulley and then dropped to fall independently.

Update from yesterday!

Lex Luthor testing continues! Wow that thing drops fast! Superman went up twice in the afternoon. Went all the way to the breaks. X2 music was on, and everything but Goliath was running 2 trains. Goliath was running THREE TRAINS and wow did that line move fast!! It was a great day and I even saw people cleaning up the landscaping!

Overall great day!

Update from yesterday!

Lex Luthor testing continues! Wow that thing drops fast! Superman went up twice in the afternoon. Went all the way to the breaks. X2 music was on, and everything but Goliath was running 2 trains. Goliath was running THREE TRAINS and wow did that line move fast!! It was a great day and I even saw people cleaning up the landscaping!

Overall great day!

Your update just made me smile. It's good to hear great updates with positives things happening!

Not really. Each side holds what, eight people? So you're essentially running a 16-person drop tower, it just so happens that those people are separated on opposite sides. It's no different from any other Intamin drop tower in the entire world. The only thing that decreases capacity is that this thing isn't a gyro drop that holds 56 people at a time.

Yes, really. Because if a guest is being slow to load/doesn't fit the restraints/etc, it will hold up the dispatch time of the other side. If they were to both load and dispatch independently, they could have a higher operational capacity because each side could dispatch immediately when it was ready.