Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 681 - Wahoo River to replace Castaway Creek in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby Highridin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Lol,..we all posted just about the same time with the same answer.
The top 3: Volcano, Alpengeist, Batman the Ride

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Rougarou » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:19 pm

I know what you mean...
It's like to stars walking down a red carpet wearing the same dress...
Who wore it best,
These parks are only 2 hours away from each other.
They compete for season pass purchases.
Right?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RollerManic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 pm

BoulderDash wrote:On the app, the description for fright fest says they have 9 bone-chilling coasters, but they count their superloop as a coaster so it should be 10. I thought this was kinda interesting, maybe Roar really is closing.

With that information, and how we are "supposedly" missing one of the rumored RMC projects (assuming Georgia Cycle gets the treatment), I'm pretty well convinced that SFA is finally getting RMC Roar.

I doubt it will be unique but it would be cool if RMC showed us what else they're capable of with Roar's footprint. Even if it is a Joker clone, I'd be pretty happy for the SFA-locals.

And I'd finally have a reason to go back to the park.
1. El Toro | 2. Maverick | 3. Mako | 4. NTAG | 5. Nitro

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:15 pm

djackson wrote:The only negative thing about an RMC conversion of roar is the possibility of it being a clone and the fact that it would be the loss of a good woodie.

While similar, the Roars weren't clones. The SFA Roar was actually longer by 177 feet. But what park wouldn't want an RMC? Cloned or not?
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:06 am

CaptainUnknown wrote:
djackson wrote:The only negative thing about an RMC conversion of roar is the possibility of it being a clone and the fact that it would be the loss of a good woodie.

While similar, the Roars weren't clones. The SFA Roar was actually longer by 177 feet. But what park wouldn't want an RMC? Cloned or not?

I don't know if Dollywood wants another RMC
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:54 am

NEW in 2018: Bigger, better and wetter Wahoo River

UPPER MARLBORO, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Six Flags America, The Nation’s Capital of Thrills, today announced that it will debut Wahoo River, an all-new action-packed river adventure, in its water park for the 2018 season.

“Six Flags is recognized for its unparalleled collection of the most innovative rides and attractions in the industry. Wahoo River boasts a myriad of unique water features and will be the new centerpiece of our water park,” said Park President Rick Howarth. “Every year we add new attractions, like this season’s Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth ride. With the new Wahoo River, our guests will have yet another amazing experience they can enjoy together as a family and one more great reason to visit Six Flags America.”

The park’s existing Castaway Creek will be completely removed and replaced with the Bigger, Better and Wetter Wahoo River. Park guests will be thrilled with major enhancements such as a faster current, immersive rockwork theming, huge waterfalls, and tons of interactive, splashing thrills around every turn.

Wahoo River will be 33% wider and over 40% longer than Castaway Creek. The new attraction will include significant upgrades such as a zero depth entry that will make it convenient for guests of all ages to slip into the cool water with inflatable tubes. Friends and family members will have a blast as they float along the river, encountering wall sprayers, aqua archways, tippy water cones and a new wave generator. The journey continues under graceful water arches spanning the entire width of the river—as guests find even more surprises behind the rock waterfall, through the leaky pipes and under the leaky bridge waterworks.

Wahoo River highlights include:

- Up to 18 feet wide; 33% wider and 40% longer;
- Seven different water action zones with sprays, geysers, waves, waterfalls, leaky pipes, aqua arches and bucket dumps;
- A wave generator that pulses waves every few seconds propelling guests down the water channel;
- Colorful buckets dropping gallons of refreshing water from above; and
- Nearly 2,500 feet of new deck space with hundreds of deck chairs.

In 2018, Six Flags America debuts the all-new Wahoo River! Wahoo River will be the new centerpiece of Hurricane Harbor Water Park, with a faster current and an endless array of watery surprises.

america_image1.jpg

All-new themed adventure river
The all-new Wahoo River will immerse you in splash-filled fun and exciting watery surprises around every bend. It will quickly become a family favorite place to play!

america_image2.jpg

Seven different water action zones
Water arches, sprays, geysers, surging waves, waterfalls, leaky pipes and dumping buckets will offer thrilling watery fun.
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:55 am.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 am

I'm kinda confused why someone would waste their time teasing just to add something this miniscule.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:15 am

^You really shouldn't be... Death (the Grim Reaper) is the ultimate troll...
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby EliHorton » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:19 am

Eh. This is the one announcement I"m a bit disappointed by. Oh well! This will still be a great addition! It will be a great family attraction and it will add to the water park!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:21 am

Hahaha I was looking forward to watching this thread crash and burn. Better luck next year guys! :lol:
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!