Robb & Elissa in the UAE - 2017! Dubai & Abu Dhabi!

P. 15 - IMG Worlds of Adventure Part 2!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Robb & Elissa in the UAE - 2017! Dubai & Abu Dhabi!

Postby CoasterFEV » Wed May 24, 2017 12:16 pm

DirkFunk wrote:
RCjunkie wrote: And since alcohol was just mentioned, do they offer it at the park or is that off limits?

Hotels only for tourists. I believe there are some spots to buy it if you have a license provided from the government for home use, but that's a Dubai Dave question.

The "only at hotels" rule is a good general statement, but the UAE has, in order to promote tourism, allowed alcohol service at a number of other locations that are not connected to a hotel. For example, most all sporting events and other performances (concerts, festivals, etc) sell alcohol. Even all of the shows at the Dubai Opera House and the Dubai World Trade Center offer alcohol service.

Many parks in the region also serve adult beverages. Ferrari World has (I believe since opening) served it in one of their restaurants. Dubai Parks & Resorts has a number of licensed restaurants in it's Riverland area - as well as 2 licensed restaurants in Bollywood. Even some of the water parks (such as Iceland and Dreamland Aqua Park) serve alcohol.

There are a pretty good number of liquor and beer stores throughout the Emirates - these are fairly hidden from view and most tourists won't spot them. But, as mentioned, most of these stores require a government-issued license for an individual to make a purchase. There are some stores outside of Dubai, Sharjah, and Abu Dhabi, though, that do not.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby dubaidave » Wed May 24, 2017 8:17 pm

What coasterfev said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kim Jong Un » Thu May 25, 2017 1:17 pm

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby vuurvogel » Fri May 26, 2017 4:09 am

Fun report. Looks like you had a great time. High on my list to visit this place one day.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri May 26, 2017 7:52 am

Yep. This is probably going to be the reason I hop on a plane in the near future.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Jpizzle » Fri May 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Awesome report- it's great to see queue lines themed to something other than concrete and sunburn. Robb, how would you compare Flying Aces to Skyrush ( :airtimer: ) in terms of intensity? I know they have immensely different layouts, but I'm still curious as an Intamin fanboy.
Top 5: 1.El Toro 2.Wicked Cyclone 3.Intimidator 305
4.Maverick 5.Skyrush

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri May 26, 2017 4:57 pm

^I'm not Robb but Skyrush is much more intense and has a lot more airtime. Flying Aces is a lot of fun and a great solid ride, but not the same crazy intensity that Skyrush has.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Jpizzle » Sat May 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Thanks Elissa! That is how it seemed from the POV. Probably a good call by the park; I love Skyrush, but it seems to push the limits of what the GP is comfortable with based on how divided the community is on it.
Top 5: 1.El Toro 2.Wicked Cyclone 3.Intimidator 305
4.Maverick 5.Skyrush

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby deguy123 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:28 am

Jpizzle wrote:Thanks Elissa! That is how it seemed from the POV. Probably a good call by the park; I love Skyrush, but it seems to push the limits of what the GP is comfortable with based on how divided the community is on it.

I rode Flying Aces in March and I'd say Skyrush is much more intense. There were a few surprises on Flying Aces (I didn't watch a video so I was surprised) but I just still loved Skyrush much better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zshock » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Hey Robb and co.

This makes me feel quite bad. While having the pleasure to go to Ferrari World last week. The big one, the mighty one, was closed due to annual maintenance, which was a shock. I was already seeing myself kicked to 240kmh but no... :(
Flying Aces and Turbo Track (in the backwards seats) was still a lot of fun. And being in the first row and experience that insane lifthill was just super cool.

I might have to come back when the new ride will open.
Gr8 photos btw :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!