TPR's Official Australia Trip Update Thread!

P. 33 - The **BIG** Aussie Update Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Random Ranter

Re: TPR's Official Australia Trip Update Thread!

Postby kenshinmac » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:03 pm

robbalvey wrote:
kenshinmac wrote:I'm also curious does Giant Drop feel much different to the other 300+ foot drop towers?

I personally favoured Blue Fall over Giant Drop, but I was in the minority of our group. I might be a little bit jadded when it comes to this huge drop towers having now been on Blue Fall and Hurkan Condor loads of times, I just didn't get that OMFG moment on Giant Drop, but I think it might be because I'm used to the feeling of the ride.

It was still an great, awesome, amazing ride! Don't get me wrong. I just have been on this type of attraction too many times for it to freak me out! =)

Thanks for the answer Robb. I was definitely thinking that the additional what 60 feet of Giant Drop probably wouldn't add as much to the experience as the Blue Falls fake drops. That said I would love to go on either of the rides and need to find an opportunity to do so.

Out of curiosity do you have any Intamin 2nd Gen Drops left at this point?

I used to pimp out donkeys at IOA.

Postby doublestufforeo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:30 pm

Is ToT2 on the same tower that giant drop is? If so that's pretty interesting, and a great way to make use of the tower, do any other parks do that as well?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:37 pm

^Yes, they are both on the same tower, the Giant Drop was added later. I don't know of any parks that do this, given there are two Intamin reverse free-fall coasters in the world (the other at SFMM) - I guess no.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:37 pm

kenshinmac wrote:Thanks for the answer Robb. I was definitely thinking that the additional what 60 feet of Giant Drop probably wouldn't add as much to the experience as the Blue Falls fake drops.

I actually found the sides with the fake drops on Blue Fall pretty lame. The sides without it are AWESOME. Giant Drop is absolutely better than the fake drop Blue Fall version.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby aimster » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:57 pm

Still loving this trip report!

The photo of the kangaroo in the box is hilarious? What is that box exactly? The sign looks like it says "Self-Service kangaroo food?" I love kangaroos and wallabys. Obviously considering how many photos I take and post of them here when I go to Busch Gardens Tampa. I can easily spend HOURS in the kangaroo area watching them and feeding them and petting them. They're just so freaking AWESOME! Now they just need to get some koalas and wombats and I'd be a happy girl.

BTW, you stole that baby koala for me, right? ;)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Paul_Hollibone » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:53 pm

When on the Giant Drop, one of the Best sensations (which you guys probably didn't get to experience) is when the Tower of Terror is launched whilst your are still ascending the tower. As the Tower of Terror pod hits that tower, you get a pretty shaken up experience which no other Drop ride can deliver. It's even better if your creeping the final few meters of the tower, waiting for the drop when it happens. On your first ride on it, it is a very "WTF" experience which I have come to hope for every visit now. It is Un-real!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:16 pm

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:46 pm

^Dude! That is awesome! :b
Order your copy of What's in a Brain? Now!
Chris Hill says,"I do not condone smoking pot, but this DVD rocks when your stoned!"
SEXY IS BACK!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby iTomzXD » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:42 pm

Giant Drop is actually the tallest free-fall drop ride! :b
Why why why dosen't Malaysia just get these awesome theme parks? D:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Pete » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:57 pm

I actually saw you guys at Movie World. A couple of you were waiting in line for the Superman ride but were worried you'd have to leave the line as it was close to 3pm when you were due to leave. I saw the tshirts you guys were wearing but didn't actually see it was 'theme park review' until I recognised it from your photos in this thread.

Enjoyed reading through this thread, hope you all enjoy the rest of your trip here in Australia.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive