Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: Derpologist and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby clem2754 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:16 pm

PeggedSole wrote:I don't know if this Cedar Point video from 1984 has already been shared somewhere in the previous 44,000+ posts? I did a search on TPR, but it didn't show any matches. Whatever the case, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS6xYHpbrLM
I almost forgot about those rides like the Edge and Demon Drop.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Ahhh... Memories of the 80's at Cedar Point! My first visit to The Point was the year before that video, 1983, as a 4 year old, and I still vividly remember so many things from that day. Honestly, it's a lot of my earlier memories in life! I guess that could be why it's had such a place in my heart all my life! I didn't ride the Demon Drop that early along (doubt I was tall enough to), but Frontier Trail/Town, the Frontier Lift, White Water Landing (I'm not nearly as into flumes as coasterbill, but I will admit that seeing it in that video brought me feelings of the many fun rides I had on it, and a longing for its return - though obviously not at the expense of Maverick! lol), and smaller thrills like The Earthquake Ride, and Sky Slide, as well as Kiddieland and the super fun Kid Arthur's Court, of course, are fond memories of that year's visit! I also vaguely recall seeing The Rotor, though I didn't ride it there, I don't think. Anybody notice Wildcat in the background behind Demon Drop? SO many things have been in that spot where GateKeeper now resides, over the years, and that whole midway, in fact, seems to have endured the most transitions of any at CP over my years of attendance. Thanks for sharing that video, and providing a trip down memory lane! :)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Brad » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:43 am

Quick question - for Steel Vengeance, do ride ops assign seats at the station?

We have FL+, so I'm curious if the merge point being at the station causes a mess or if they do assignments (which is also a bummer if we're trying to ride in the back).

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Hriscay » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:55 am

Brad wrote:Quick question - for Steel Vengeance, do ride ops assign seats at the station?

We have FL+, so I'm curious if the merge point being at the station causes a mess or if they do assignments (which is also a bummer if we're trying to ride in the back).

They were assigning seats when I was there but if you asked nicely they will try to put you where you want. If anything say you will wait for the next train. It did look like if there are too many people waiting for the front the will tell you no but both times I asked for the back they let me in row 11 and 10 when they were still filling up the front of the train. Wouldn't let a single rider in the last row though :(
Top 5 Steel: Titan, Superman Krypton Coaster, Raging Bull, Diamondback, Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast
Top 5 Wooden: El Toro, The Voyage, Outlaw Run, The Texas Cyclone RIP, Goliath (SFGAm)

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby BitterOldHag » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:58 am

Brad wrote:Quick question - for Steel Vengeance, do ride ops assign seats at the station?

Yes they do assign seats at the station. From what I saw last Friday using FL+, those guests were being assigned seats near the back. Not sure how they handle specific requests as it seemed most guests just wanted to get on and weren't complaining about where they sat. My second ride was in row 11, so I was technically in the last car. :)

I know I'm in the minority, but I do feel that "Steel Vengeance 1 is too intense for me". My first ride was of the "what in the world just happened?" variety. My second ride I was ready for the ride to end before we hit the final turnaround. There's just too much ejector air, which I guess this old body isn't as big of a fan of as I thought. :wtf:

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Shut It Down » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 am

Well I finally got to Cedar Point this past weekend and it was everything I hoped it would be and then some. It was the greatest day I’ve ever had at a theme park. Steel Vengence is the best coaster I have ever ridden (my legs still hurt today). Fast lane is the greatest invention of all time, it allowed me to basically marathon Steel Vengence on a busy Saturday! 7 rides in total and every ride was better than the last. All of the other legendary coasters lived up to the hype and I can’t wait to get back when I can. BBQ and Brews festival was amazing too, you basically get six beers for $25! For theme park pricing that is astonishing.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 am

In my 18 rides on Steel Vengeance last week I asked for a specific row probably 13 or 14 times and was never told no. Sometimes they were assigning FL+ to the back and sometimes to the front, it wasn't consistent. I rode in the front once and in rows 8-12 the other 17 times, the majority of them being in the back car. It's definitely a back seat ride for me.

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby CoasterInk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:57 pm

Hriscay wrote:Wouldn't let a single rider in the last row though :(

That's interesting... I was a single rider and was given back row about a month ago.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:11 pm

^Yeah, I'd like clarification as to whether that's a rule about riding, or just a solitary case of the attendant not honoring the poster's request that time.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:31 pm

For some of my trip we were a group of 3 instead of 4 and a couple times when we requested the back and the last row was empty, they would say to put the single rider in row 11. Not sure if it was just who was working or if it's actually a rule. There really isn't much difference between the last two rows though.

PreviousNext