TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

STOP FINDING ME AWKWARD BECAUSE I OBSESS OVER STUPID THINGS! I was taking part in your discussion about possessives earlier; do I honestly know when to quit? Just ignore me! Dude, to me, my Grid obsession like Rob Alvey's donkey obsession, except I have a crush on Grid.

OK, to move the topic along, how was everyone's ride on Wicked Cyclone?

STOP FINDING ME AWKWARD BECAUSE I OBSESS OVER STUPID THINGS! I was taking part in your discussion about possessives earlier; do I honestly know when to quit? Just ignore me! Dude, to me, my Grid obsession like Rob Alvey's donkey obsession, except I have a crush on Grid.

OK, to move the topic along, how was everyone's ride on Wicked Cyclone?

Just don’t get your hopes up, This is Six Flags we’re talking, we’ll be lucky if the queue even has a nice looking sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ Wicked Cyclone's dispatches before Memorial Day and after Labor Day are always brutal. They tend to hit their stride in the summer though.

New wheels on Superman sounds fantastic. That ride has been running like a bat out of hell in the summer the past two years.

The lap bar incident was happening, then causing stacking

Not gonna lie....I have no idea who Grid is....lol

OTOH....new wheels on Supe sounds fukin dope....and hopefully they have both trains running.....

LOL WC cycle time.....I swear it doesn’t matter what time of year....load time is always horrendous....not sure maybe if last year was an off season....maybe a train was down but dang it seemed like it always was 5, 6, 7 minutes to dispatch......man

^^ Wicked Cyclone's dispatches before Memorial Day and after Labor Day are always brutal. They tend to hit their stride in the summer though.

New wheels on Superman sounds fantastic. That ride has been running like a bat out of hell in the summer the past two years.

What is the lap bar incident?

What is the lap bar incident?

They fail to mention that you can not pull down your lap bar, everyone pulls them down and then they have to reset the restraints and do it again, then causing stacking

I remember this last summer at Kings Dominion they had a guy on Twisted Timbers with a headset/microphone giving instructions of when to pull down and what not. It was actually really efficient. I'm sure SF won't try this but it would be beneficial to have someone on a loudspeaker giving direction that everyone could hear.

Grid is the Earth-3 (Crime Syndicate) counterpart of Cyborg. He's basically Bizarro Cyborg, but he's not. He resembles some skull robot thing. And he has the sexiest voice. At least to me.

Grid is the Earth-3 (Crime Syndicate) counterpart of Cyborg. He's basically Bizarro Cyborg, but he's not. He resembles some skull robot thing. And he has the sexiest voice. At least to me.

Okay just stop.

mary.pesik, this is the 3rd time I have posted a quote of yours on the "Dumbest things Ever said on TPR Thread". As of right now, there are literally 3 on the same page. You don't think that you should improve how you conduct yourself on TPR? Nobody cares about the specifics of the Cyborg franchise here. We don't want to hear from cringey 16 year old fangirls. We just want to talk about the park and its attractions.

mary.pesik, this is the 3rd time I have posted a quote of yours on the "Dumbest things Ever said on TPR Thread". As of right now, there are literally 3 on the same page. You don't think that you should improve how you conduct yourself on TPR? Nobody cares about the specifics of the Cyborg franchise here. We don't want to hear from cringey 16 year old fangirls. We just want to talk about the park and its attractions.

Wait so her post is junk? Or what ?

Wait so her post is junk? Or what ?

Basically. She keeps talking about how "sexy" the characters and their voice actors are. Not even just 1 or 2 posts. Like, way too much about obsessing over her fictional crushes when people just want to talk about the park. Just check out the past handful of pages to see what I mean.

Dude, she's a kid, just move on. Yeah, what she's saying is annoying and irrelevant to the topic at hand, but your increasingly obsessive mad-on for her is every bit as disruptive and, frankly, inappropriate. I posted tons of stupid things on message boards when I was sixteen, and even when I look back at some of those archived posts, the only thing more childish than my posts were the overly angry adult posters who would not let go of how bad my posts were.

Dude, she's a kid, just move on. Yeah, what she's saying is annoying and irrelevant to the topic at hand, but your increasingly obsessive mad-on for her is every bit as disruptive and, frankly, inappropriate. I posted tons of stupid things on message boards when I was sixteen, and even when I look back at some of those archived posts, the only thing more childish than my posts were the overly angry adult posters who would not let go of how bad my posts were.

Let’s just all leave her alone now but this message board is for SFNE discussion, not DC Comics

Not gonna lie....I’m more of a Marvel dude just cuz MCU movies are killing it compared to DCEU stuff but when it comes to SFNE it doesn’t really matter to me....I just need to know if Supe and WC and Batman and Riddler are running fast and hot.....that’s all that really matters....

Since I didn't make it to opening weekend, I couldn't pass up the chance to visit today with such beautiful weather. A lot of people did the same; this was easily the most packed I've ever seen the park before Memorial Day.

As previously mentioned in this thread, Chop Six replaced Panda Express. While I personally am not a fan of Chinese food, I definitely support there being another restaurant included with the meal plan.

Mobile ordering wasn't quite ready to go on the mobile app, but they promise it's coming soon. I'm really intrigued to see how well it's implemented since it works like a dream at Disney.

1154791668_ChopSix.thumb.JPG.3aa19e12603b3a2e0de0465884fb7da3.JPG

No more Panda Express.

The former Hall of Justice is bare outside of a banner advertising the new Cyborg ride. Based on the park's recent track record I fully expect them to have this open right around Memorial Day weekend.

1477264690_CyborgConstruction.thumb.JPG.4b8cd80c4ede579fea29155f4574f488.JPG

Rumor has it, the ride is inside and testing. The building still needs the signage added.

Also new for 2019... Goliath has a brand new rehab sign. The colors really pop and the wrench icon is a nice touch.

771030988_GoliathClosed(2019).thumb.JPG.a3ae95a7ebe62f07f73449709d61851c.JPG

Another year, another year with Goliath closed.

1238226508_GoliathRehabSign(New).thumb.JPG.46abe103bca1c923756b4c07b9bab412.JPG

Fancy new rehab sign.

If you preferred the old one, rest assured you can still find it by the ride's exit.

212883063_OldSign.thumb.jpg.3a9ed1ea26aca6bca71821238a140d78.jpg

Or all you traditionalists can find the old one by the exit.

Technically the ride would be able to run today considering it's an unseasonably warm 75 degrees, but the train isn't even on the track and I spotted some rails lying on the ground next to the ride.

2143688124_GoliathRails(Close).thumb.JPG.5355d3e8778f9fa0bd79e2b89452a8b2.JPG

Note the rails on the ground.

Superman and Wicked Cyclone were really cranky today. Superman went down for 2-3 hours this afternoon and Wicked Cyclone kept opening and closing non-stop.

But both were riding very well. Superman tends to run noticeably slower in the spring and fall, but it absolutely hauls in the summer. I'm happy to say this is the fastest I've seen it run this time of year. Ungodly airtime in the first half and very strong pops in the second half.

Plus Superman's crew was flying today. I think the supervisor was a fellow coaster enthusiast (he recognized my Copperhead Strike shirt) and he was telling everyone the train would leave in 45-50 seconds. And for the most part, the crew was ready to send the next train out when the previous one hit the brakes.

422404212_SupermanEntrance(Day2).thumb.JPG.8c6e84ed08a244c31e0f753caff0d8f6.JPG

262735079_SupermanFirstDrop(Close).thumb.JPG.d6c775d17121cddda91662acd172bd82.JPG

1323164806_Superman4thHill(Back).thumb.JPG.73cd5813525a6d3c799de97344f3c9f2.JPG

1051298285_SupermanTunnelHill.thumb.JPG.25c0003cccf71ae7f05b97c29bcbd1da.JPG

939067802_SupermanTurn(Front).thumb.JPG.f120a4475bd1d31d78a26720d30a6eed.JPG

309870000_SupermanFinale(Side).thumb.JPG.44a2771a9bad8e862c32e3605bfefde7.JPG

Wicked Cyclone was running great as well. It's easy to tell when this ride is running quick since you get a powerful burst of air entering the brake run. I still think Wicked Cyclone is the park's best overall ride, but a front row on Superman beats it.

1083357615_WickedCycloneEntrance.thumb.JPG.821803c093e758662ea7c831e450add6.JPG

1307598453_WickedCycloneFirstDrop.thumb.JPG.0f0a0f3042701f6d8e784e3d102860fa.JPG

1184386812_WickedCycloneTurnaround.thumb.JPG.0ef5a3d96b2cefac986d5ca509d9ed37.JPG

626182280_WickedCyclone(Far).thumb.JPG.ed00d7f42a2126f9cf6b767f6c406b21.JPG

Because the two headliners were having so much downtime, I finished in the South End. I honestly can't remember the last time I did that, but Harley Quinn is arguably the park's best flat and I do enjoy Joker, Batman, and Riddler.

1704409048_HarleyQuinnMaxSwing.thumb.JPG.d9c2399809fe46751cc5dfd4a1c770f6.JPG

859868720_JokerSunset.thumb.JPG.0b77c7fb7c877eca9effa93fb43ed240.JPG

Such a pretty sky.

Overall it was a good day even though crowds and uptime weren't quite what I hoped for. The most surprising thing for me today was how fast dispatches were. And I found a Road Runner plush.

IMG_20190413_211410.thumb.jpg.eefe7a756d5889a07dac460dfa79bcdb.jpg

IMG_20190413_210855.thumb.jpg.7041a96c80c59f46ca0180fed934b9c1.jpg

Being stuck in this lot gave me time to write this. I forgot just how long it takes to get out of this lot on a busy day. It took me over an hour.

Edited by Canobie Coaster

They seem to be running a different type of wheels on Superman this season as these ones are yellow instead of the normal blue ones. And I very much agree it’s running faster now than I can ever remember it this early in the year. If it keeps up come summer time the thing will be an absolute rocket ship.

@Canobie Coaster, I think that was me who recognized your shirt! Not a supervisor though, just simply a team member. Thanks so much for mentioning our operations. It's still early in the season, so no crew is going to be perfect, but we're trying our best, and the announcements to when the train will be leaving are definitely helping speed thing up. As for the park being pack, I was shocked at how busy it was, as one week before, Superman barely had a line! Thanks again for the nice words about the Superman crew!

@Canobie Coaster, I think that was me who recognized your shirt! Not a supervisor though, just simply a team member. Thanks so much for mentioning our operations. It's still early in the season, so no crew is going to be perfect, but we're trying our best, and the announcements to when the train will be leaving are definitely helping speed thing up. As for the park being pack, I was shocked at how busy it was, as one week before, Superman barely had a line! Thanks again for the nice words about the Superman crew!

You're very welcome! Even with a full queue for the front row, it was only taking about 20 minutes. Usually it takes 30-40 minutes so I appreciate the speed.

Any guesses about when Goliath gets out of rehab?

Last year was a particularly bad year for the coaster, but I believe they tend to get it running in May.

They seem to be running a different type of wheels on Superman this season as these ones are yellow instead of the normal blue ones. And I very much agree it’s running faster now than I can ever remember it this early in the year. If it keeps up come summer time the thing will be an absolute rocket ship.

I agree! I'm excited to see just how fast this thing will get in the summer.