TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The US will never come close to a 100% take rate for a COVID vaccine. Hell, for the 2018-2019 flu season, only 45% of adults got the flu shot, which has been tested and proven to have minimal side ef

I'm sure that's not the criteria. They'll reopen when the governor arbitrarily decides that they can. There will be no metrics or science involved but there will be a press conference about how they'r

Nice report!  Most Six Flags parks do a great job with the lights so I'm glad they could show them off in some capacity this year.

Posted Images

It’s confirmed that it’s becoming a Chop Six. Never tried the Conewich yet. I need to do that.

That's my favorite meal. My favorite overall item is the pizza fried dough. I'm sort of shocked it counts as a snack considering loaded fries are often a meal at Six Flags parks.

Two more months until the Media Day for Cyborg Hyper Drive. Construction hasn't begun. I want the effing Grid. (Still haven't fixed that error.) Apparently there's gonna be merchandise in the gift shop you apparently get dumped into at the end of the ride. I want some Grid merchandise smh.

I'm already gonna beeping explode because I KNOW he'll be voiced by Bumper Robinson. Ya know, the guy that gave him an effing sexy voice in Lego DC Super Villains. Here's bettin' he'll say "Grid... online" and "Have a nice day" (especially the latter) but "I am Grid" (his semi-catchphrase in Injustice 2) would work well too. And I have my money bet on him laughing evilly too, since he'll probably have emotion here. GODDAMNIT! JUNE CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH! LATE SPRING, GUYS! WE GOTTA TAKE OUR SINGING AND DANCING FUN TO THE PARK THEN!

Two more months until the Media Day for Cyborg Hyper Drive. Construction hasn't begun. I want the effing Grid. (Still haven't fixed that error.) Apparently there's gonna be merchandise in the gift shop you apparently get dumped into at the end of the ride. I want some Grid merchandise smh.

I'm already gonna beeping explode because I KNOW he'll be voiced by Bumper Robinson. Ya know, the guy that gave him an effing sexy voice in Lego DC Super Villains. Here's bettin' he'll say "Grid... online" and "Have a nice day" (especially the latter) but "I am Grid" (his semi-catchphrase in Injustice 2) would work well too. And I have my money bet on him laughing evilly too, since he'll probably have emotion here. GODDAMNIT! JUNE CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH! LATE SPRING, GUYS! WE GOTTA TAKE OUR SINGING AND DANCING FUN TO THE PARK THEN!

Okayyyyyy then...

Just so you know, this is the second time that I'm about to quote one of your posts on the "Dumbest things said on TPR" Thread.

Just so you know, this is the second time that I'm about to quote one of your posts on the "Dumbest things said on TPR" Thread.

So with SFNE saying there’s a gift shop this has to be in the Hall of Justice space

giphy.gif

Um what insider knowledge do you have that the park has done nothing for the ride yet because I think you are totally wrong. Yes it’s going in the Hall of Justice building and there will be a gift shop of course. Don’t understand your points at all honestly.

I know it’s sluggish because AT&T-TimeWarner has to approve everything but I think they’ll at least done something

Again what’s your proof of nothing being done? Yes videos say Warner Bros. final approval is needed but I’m sure work is being done. They aren’t going to look to open until Memorial Day by chain practice regardless.

2019 Park Map is up. Confirming Chop Six and that it’s on the dining plan.

https://static.sixflags.com/website/files/sfne_park-map-and-guide.pdf

Park's open. Any construction on "THE GRID"? Goddamnit I hope AT&T/Time Warner approves the idea of Grid having emotion and laughing evilly...

Ok then, All we know is that the building is painted. windows are shut and blocked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I guess in the contract with Time Warner, Six Flags can’t use the possessive s anymore so Catwoman’s Whip became Catwoman Whip this season

Park's open. Any construction on "THE GRID"? Goddamnit I hope AT&T/Time Warner approves the idea of Grid having emotion and laughing evilly...

Ok then, All we know is that the building is painted. windows are shut and blocked out

YEESSSSS GRID GRID GRID what color is the building?

and btw did anyone know who Grid was before this ride besides me?

So I guess in the contract with Time Warner, Six Flags can’t use the possessive s anymore so Catwoman’s Whip became Catwoman Whip this season

Interesting. I haven't heard of any other Six Flags removing the possessive on older rides yet.

Interesting. I haven't heard of any other Six Flags removing the possessive on older rides yet.

Yet they still keep "The" in front of Grid's name, when that isn't his official name. Even Jen McGrath called him "Grid" and then proceeded to call him something his arch-enemy besides Cyborg is. I feel kinda weird surrounded by all these people who had no idea who Grid was before this ride when I was all "WHY GRID" upon seeing Six Flags' erroneous name back in September 2018 (a time I didn't like Grid, mind you. It'd soon change when I saw him and Cyborg separate in Injustice 2.)

I wonder if this is related to why they renamed ME to Riddler Revenge and not Riddler's Revenge like at many other SF parks

The Riddler Revenge was also the name of a Discovery at another Six Flags park which escapes me at the moment. Also, Catwoman Whip was the name of the Mondial Shake at SFNO and where the Catwoman statue in this ride comes from. This ride used to be the only themed to Poison Ivy until Katrina hit. I need another Poison Ivy ride! That, Two-Face, and Nightwing... oh we already have a Nightwing again but I hate Slingshots for obvious reasons

I wonder if this is related to why they renamed ME to Riddler Revenge and not Riddler's Revenge like at many other SF parks

Yes, this is related. Six Flags is trying to become a global brand, especially in China, and the possessive 's is unique to English. It's difficult to translate into some languages, so a lot of companies are beginning to take it off all their marketing worldwide. It's the same reason for the name change to Disney California Adventure and the new movie posters/trailers saying Disney Aladdin in the same place where the 1992 ones said Disney's Aladdin.