Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: WOF_Fan and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:47 pm

I love the people who demand that the parks hire better people as if there's a giant line of people willing to work odd, sometimes grueling hours on their feet for minimum wage at temp jobs with no overtime or benefits.

Basically every regional park is having insane staffing problems this year. Cedar Point was staggering ride openings and currently has the midway lined with outside food trucks because they have nobody to work food service (despite the bonuses and huge incentives they've been offering to get people to start in May), Great Adventure has been ridiculously understaffed all season, Morey's can't even open all of their piers half the time and reports like this are coming out from theme parks all over the country. Telling Six Flags to "just hire more people" is like telling every Cavs player not named LeBron James to "Just stop sucking". Yeah... good idea. Thanks for that. It's not that simple.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:57 pm

coasterbill wrote:Telling Six Flags to "just hire more people" is like telling every Cavs player not named LeBron James to "Just stop sucking". Yeah... good idea. Thanks for that. It's not that simple.

At least I haven't encountered J.R. Smith at Six Flags. That was hysterical last night. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventureland (Iowa) & Arnolds Park

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm not trying to put down anyone's opinion or the park when I say this. Six Flags is a budget friendly chain that offers an experience at a very low cost. It's best to have budget friendly expectations. Don't go to McDonald's and expect steak for the price of a hamburger.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby teacherkim » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:55 pm

I wonder if the food truck idea will be the answer to food service in many of the parks. Quality of food trucks has risen in the last several years, while choices at many parks has not. I get that the parks get a huge markup on food; BUT if they just can't get the workers and many choose to leave and go to some fast food place and then return to the park instead of buying in. It would eliminate a lot of headache for the parks to vastly reduce their offerings and then have a variety of food trucks available. Just a thought.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Danrarbc » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:10 pm

Back when there was a McDonald's in the park how did the pay in that compare to one on the outside? Or was theme park pay just more competitive in general?

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby teacherkim » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:24 pm

You know I was just talking to my son about the McDonalds a couple weeks ago. It was where Mooseburger is now for those that don't know. I was middle/high school age, but I just cannot remember how the pricing compared to a regular McDonalds. Surely, it had to be more but I have no memory of how much more. I can tell you that the Subway at Cedarpoint is 2-3 times more than a regular Subway.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby RKO » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:39 pm

teacherkim wrote:You know I was just talking to my son about the McDonalds a couple weeks ago. It was where Mooseburger is now for those that don't know. I was middle/high school age, but I just cannot remember how the pricing compared to a regular McDonalds. Surely, it had to be more but I have no memory of how much more. I can tell you that the Subway at Cedarpoint is 2-3 times more than a regular Subway.

Remember this was back when you could get a Big Mac meal outside of the park for about $3-4 but the price in the park was about $6-7.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:24 am

They had the food trucks last year during Mardi Gras event and I never really saw anyone eating at them.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:27 am

The food trucks have seemed popular at Great Adventure when they've had them.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventureland (Iowa) & Arnolds Park

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby parkjunkie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:25 am

The in park McDonalds prices were usually double to triple the out of park price, usually closer to triple

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!