Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 15: new ride announcements for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:49 am

^Thanks for the heads up. It's nice that the park continues to focus on the whole family with something for everyone.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Tivoli Gardens announce new 3-in-1 tower ride for 2016

Postby _koppen » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:07 am

peptoabysmal wrote:
The press mentions make the thrill ride sound like a frisbee-style ride, but they haven't released a rendering yet. It just says riders will sit in a circle with their backs against the centre and experience 2.5G while swinging over the edge of the tower. The ride has a combined budget of 50 million DKK and will open April 5th, 2016.

It's a HUSS Condor, with two different seats.

I'm a bit disappointed with the new ride, as some rumors indicated a bigger investment, but I love that Huss is slowly coming back to Europe!

Tivoli world-first with new ride

Tivoli is set to present a world-first with a spectacular new ride at the opening of its 2016 summer season. Huss Park Attractions the German amusement ride engineers, created the Fatamorgana ride in association with the Tivoli design department. The 3-in-1 tower caters for kiddies, tweenies and hardcore thrillseekers all in one. Tivoli is investing millions in the ride, a giant towering at 45 metres.

The historic Tivoli amusement park in the heart of Copenhagen may have clocked up 172 years, but it is still evolving. In 2016, the 5,000 m2 amusements area the Orient will gain a new landmark; the 45-metre Fatamorgana tower. Fatamorgana will be joining Vertigo, the Golden Tower, the Demon and the Monsoon to ensure that the Orient maintains its reputation as Tivoli's ultimate-thrill zone.

3-in-1 ride
The new Fatamorgana ride is based on the HUSS® factory's Condor 2G (2nd generation). Tivoli's in-house designers have added on a kiddie ride at the base of Fatamorgana in the shape of mini bumper cars. Older children and adults ascend the tower at two speeds; on the fastest ride, the passengers are seated back-to-back in a circle and slung around at a dizzying pace. On the more moderate ride, seating is in the direction of travel and the ride is at a more sedate pace, allowing the passengers to appreciate the view of Copenhagen's streets from 30 metres up. True to Tivoli tradition, the in-house designers styled Fatamorgana to match the Gardens' distinctive visual features. The final drawings will be unveiled at a later date.

Lars Liebst, Tivoli’s CEO, says:
“Some of Denmark's busiest streets pass Tivoli; space is limited, so we have to think out of the box. With Fatamorgana, the HUSS® factory and our in-house designers have created a ride that gives us three new attractions in one, allowing us to achieve the vital development we need as an amusement park if we are to continue to attract Danish and international visitors.”

CEO Mirko J. Schulze of HUSS® in Bremen, Germany, recounts his version: “Tivoli set us the challenge of combining our popular Condor 2G with a more moderate ride and a kiddie ride. At Huss Park Attractions we are aware of Tivoli’s space issues and our engineers have found it an intriguing assignment. We feel honoured to become part of the famous Tivoli Gardens and are looking forward to seeing Fatamorgana in operation from April 2016.”

News rouses enthusiasm abroad Justin Garvanovic, President of the European Coaster Club, commented:
”Tivoli Gardens is famous the world over for being more than just a park, it is a destination. It is somewhere that families can visit together, as they have been doing for many generations. As someone from the UK, I am extremely jealous of Denmark for Tivoli Gardens, but it is also why Tivoli Gardens is my favourite park in the world. The new attraction carries on this tradition, appealing to all ages, and is sure to be another success for a park that thrives on tradition.”

Facts
The Fatamorgana ride will form part of the oriental area covering just under 5,000 m2, which also features Vertigo, the Golden Tower, the Demon and the Monsoon.

Engineering & Fabrication: Huss Park Attractions GmbH, Bremen, Germany, http://www.hussrides.com
Type: Condor 2G featuring original Tivoli design/Jonathan Gress Wright and Will Gurley, Tivoli Design Office.
Capacity, total: 900 passengers/hour
Height, total: 45 m
Height, gondolas: 30 m
G-force, thrill-ride: 2.5 G
Investment: DKK 50 million in the entire area

It will basically be a combination of the new ride vehicle Huss have for their new generation Condor:

And the ride vehicle Intamin have for their Spinning Star:
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:45 pm

This should be a unique take on an otherwise classic flat ride... I'm sure it'll be lit up beautifully at night given its host park.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:16 pm

Interesting, I love Huss Condors
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Nerd question, for anyone willing. Does anyone know what height Dæmonen's station and brake run are off of the ground? It looks like they're about six or seven meters high but I'm not sure.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby mjollner » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:22 am

Hello,

My name is Per and this is my first contribution to this wonderful forum... Comments or suggestions on how to improve my reports are warmly welcome. Lets get right down to it.

T'was a few days after Christmas and me, my girlfriend and two friends went to the Christmas-market at the very ' curious and quaint' Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen... Founded in 1843, Tivoli is the second oldest amusement park in the world beaten only by ' Bakken', which is a mere 13 kilometres away but a whopping 260 years older ( founded in 1583).

T'was a cold day... But despite only 3 brisk degrees C ( ca 37 F), all rides were open except Freedom Flyer which was closed due to winds. Probably a good decision as the wind was cold enough to make my nuts want to turn back and hop on the train home to Malmö.
But, we soldiered on... There was after all warm beverages with enough alcoholic content to convince any eloping body-parts to hang around( har har).

After a quick shot O'Glögg, we got in line for Rutschebanan. I get excited around rollercoasters, so I passionately started rambling facts about the ride while we waited. I got so caught up in it that it wasn't until just before boarding, that we realised this was not the line for Rustchebanan, but actually a water-ride called ' Minen' ( The Mine).
We got on, because... We didn't want to look stupid... and after all, what could be stupid about going on a water-ride when it's 3 degrees outside?
The ride was thankfully a very un-wet shoot-em up. I'm not sure what we shot at, but I won.

After that, we went on to Odinexpressen. It's a motordriven MacRides-coaster built in 1985. It does three laps on it's circuit and the back-row packed a surprising amount of " wheeee". Also, the fact that it's motordriven makes it very curious, as there are not that many around these days.
I couldn't find a TPR-video, but there are plenty on youtube if you're interested.

Next, we found the right line for Rutschebanan.
Rustchebanan ( translates to ' the slide' or something) is an old school wooden coaster built in 1914. It's so old that it needs to be braked manually... It's a lot of fun, and surprisingly smooth. It's also said to be haunted, which in combination with the brakeman riding along makes it very curious and quaint.

After that, we jumped on the drop-tower, mostly because I'm scared of them and my girlfriend knows it. Standard drop tower. It goes up, I crap my pants and then comes down with me smiling and thinking how silly I am for always being scared. Drop-rides are awesome!

After this, we walked past what has to be one of the most intense rides in the world. Don't take my word for it, because I didn't go, but Vertigo is supposed to pound your A$$ into your seat with the sustained force of 5G's for most of it's duration.
It looked insane. I informed people getting on it was insane. And as they got off the informed me it was insane.

That video doesn't lie. It looks fake! Like reality sped-up. That's how insane this ride is!
I didn't ride. None of my friends wanted to go and it just wasn't calling my name loud enough, so we went looking for food and alcohol instead.

We lunched in the bowels of a pirateship. Down below was a restaurant, with a Caribbean-inspired menu. The food was good but even better was seeing the kids who were totally immersed in their pirate-dream.

Next up we rode Daemonen ( The demon). I have a serious weakness for parks who try to fit big rides into small spaces. Daemonen is just that, it's a B&M floorless coaster that tries to deliver ' Kraken', but in a fraction of the space.
It's a fun little ride, and what it lacks in force, it more than makes up for with a ton of heart and feisty personality. Not 100% sure but it could be the smallest B&M ever built, which makes it extremely curious and quaint.

I meant to get back on Daemonen for a second romp, but the line tripled and with only one train on the circuit, I didn't want to keep my friends waiting.
The lines were really short all day ( 0 - 10 minutes) but as the shadows grew bigger, so did the crowds.

In conclusion:
I love this park! It has so much personality, curiousness and quaint-ness. It has a very nice selection of rides for a park of it's size and being just outside the Copenhagen central-station ( two stops from Copenhagen airport), it's relatively easy to pay a quick visit, no matter where you are in the world.
You could also combine your tivoli-stop with a quick visit ' Bakken', which would give you the credit for " two oldest parks in the world", possibly in one day. Pretty quaint, if you ask me.

Now for some pictures...
Daemonen.JPG
Tivoli is a quaint little park in the heart of Copenhagen.

Apotek.jpg
Lots of cute little restaurants and stores with curious souvenirs for sale.

CreepyOlaf.jpg
Tivoli is packed with cute little details... like this snowman.
- " Come here" he seemed to say. " Come here so I can murder you!"

Coals.jpg
My glove-less friends nearly lost their fingers to frostbite, luckily we found this quaint pile of glowing coal to warm them back up.

BirdForeplay.JPG
Feathers will beat the weathers...
Feathers and love.

Ahoy.JPG
We found this pirate-ship, which turned out to be an awesome restaurant...

NyyyyargYouGettinDis.jpg
Me at the helm

Kraken.JPG
I guess this means ' Calamari' is off the menu.

SledgeFace.jpg
Starvin' Marlin and Dead Hammerhead tenderising...

Chaina.jpg
Oh the quaintness...

RIPNicoleSimson.JPG
This quaint bird-house is actually a pretty accurate replica of the OJ Simpson crime-scene.

Weeeee.JPG
Daemonen turned us into demons, complete with scary faces, horrific screams and white knuckles...

Heads.JPG
Heads

OrTail.JPG
or tails

Shiny.jpg
Shinyness

2Shiny.JPG
More shinyness...

ButterCup.JPG
5 dollars for Glögg and they let you keep the cups. It's a sponsored but quaint little souvenir.

JackNRose.jpg
This report has been brought to you by Me ( Per) and my girlfriend and photographer Carolin. We sincerely hope you found it entertaining... and quaint.
Last edited by mjollner on Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:36 pm.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Woohoo! Another great Tivoli Gardens trip report! :b
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:55 pm

mjollner wrote:Hello,

My name is Per and this is my first contribution to this wonderful forum... Comments or suggestions on how to improve my reports are warmly welcome. Lets get right down to it.

Such a beautiful park, thanks for the winter pictures.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:06 pm

That was a great report, thanks for sharing! I think I need to pay Tivoli a visit next year. :)

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Tivoli Gardens continues to visually impress... It is one of many parks that based on looks alone sits high on my list to visit.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!