Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:44 am

It will be interesting to see how different the Orlando version of King King will be compared to Hollywood. Hollywood understandably has to work around the tram tour ride system when the incoperate these new attactions, so hopefully the Orlando version will work in some more pyscial effects and features otehr than just the gigantic 3D video screens. And I guess we still don't exactly know what the King Kong ride system in Orlando will be so there's potantial for that attraction to have a completly different feel than the Hollywood tam tour version. Anyways as much as I'd lvoe to see a physical ride I have a feeling that what ever the difference between Hollywood and Orlando is for King Kong will be roughly the same difference for Fast n Furious.

If the Beetlejuice Graveyard Review is closing also to make way for this attraction that combined with Disaster is a pretty decent chunk of land in the middle of the park, so hopefully Universal can do something exciting with it.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:17 am

SharkTums wrote: No more 4D!!!!

:nina:

Screw all those blackfish people with signs outside SeaWorld, they should do something useful and put that on a sign and protest outside Universal.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:25 pm

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/fast-furious-ride/

ALL-NEW FAST & FURIOUS RIDE COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT IN 2017
Fast-and-Furious-featured-1170x731.jpg

You’ve seen the cars. You’ve seen the action. And soon, you’ll be able to live it.

I’m so excited to share that one of the most successful film franchises of all-time will soon become one of Universal Orlando Resort‘s most action-packed ride experiences.

Buckle your seatbelts, because in 2017, Fast & Furious: Supercharged is coming to Universal Studios Florida. You’ll feel like part of the “Fast family” as you embark on a thrilling new Fast & Furious adventure that will put you right in the middle of the action.
Fast-Furious-rendering.jpg

This ride is going to fuse everything you love about the films with an original storyline and incredible ride technology. You’ll get to check out some of the high-speed, supercharged cars you’ve seen on the big screen. You’ll be immersed in the underground racing world made famous in the films and explore the headquarters of Toretto and his team. Then, you’ll board specially-designed vehicles for an adrenaline-pumping ride with your favorite stars from the films.

To make way for Fast & Furious: Supercharged, Disaster: A Major Motion Picture Starring You! will close permanently on September 8, 2015, with Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue closing later this year.

There’s SO much to share about this thrilling new ride—I can’t wait to share more details in the future. Make sure you stay tuned to the blog for updates.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:28 pm

4D is so 2000. Universal needs 5D :)

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby colinx » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:33 pm

This is disappointing to me but hey, at least they're adding major attractions each year. I personally don't mind 3D rides, I feel if you can make me fully immersed into the world your creating then I don't mind. However, just seems like the amount of attractions for people who don't like 3D have become slim pickings.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:36 pm

colinx wrote:This is disappointing to me but hey, at least they're adding major attractions each year. I personally don't mind 3D rides, I feel if you can make me fully immersed into the world your creating then I don't mind. However, just seems like the amount of attractions for people who don't like 3D have become slim pickings.

We don't actually know if it's a 3D ride yet. They've given zero information, really. Just speculating, that's all.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Although the "Earthquake" portion of Disaster was fun, the rest of the attraction definitely, er, was not--unless your idea of a good time is watching Christopher Walken sleepwalk through a role.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby EastCoastn07 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:34 pm

robbalvey wrote:
colinx wrote:This is disappointing to me but hey, at least they're adding major attractions each year. I personally don't mind 3D rides, I feel if you can make me fully immersed into the world your creating then I don't mind. However, just seems like the amount of attractions for people who don't like 3D have become slim pickings.

We don't actually know if it's a 3D ride yet. They've given zero information, really. Just speculating, that's all.

There will be some 3-D elements in the attraction. At least that's what I've been hearing.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Fat-G » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:18 pm

This is disappointing to me but hey, at least they're adding major attractions each year. I personally don't mind 3D rides, I feel if you can make me fully immersed into the world your creating then I don't mind. However, just seems like the amount of attractions for people who don't like 3D have become slim pickings.

There will be some 3-D elements in the attraction. At least that's what I've been hearing.

Well the tram tour segment in Hollywood is in 3d so if you assume they're using similar elements like the new King Kong ride then it will probably be 3D. It also depends on what the ride system is. We might learn more about how this Fast and the Furious ride will shape up when Kong: Skull Island opens.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby necoastergp » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:01 pm

Fat-G wrote:

Well the tram tour segment in Hollywood is in 3d so if you assume they're using similar elements like the new King Kong ride then it will probably be 3D. It also depends on what the ride system is. We might learn more about how this Fast and the Furious ride will shape up when Kong: Skull Island opens.

You do know the new Kong ride in Islands is nothing close to the Hollywood tram iteration right? It's going to be a ride vehicle, think kilamanjaro, with a tour guide exploring skull island. Most likely featuring a good combination of live sets and special effects obviously not much confirmed yet other than concept art, but I'd expect the fast and furious iteration in Orlando to be quite different as well.
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!