Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby chargersmichael » Wed May 06, 2015 6:02 pm

My local news station reported on the new ride and a person from Universal at Islands of Adventure said like not only will there be a massive 3D screen, but also massive sets.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Wed May 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Judging from the announcement videos, this ride will probably be reliant on screens. The animation of Kong and the other creatures definitely looks like footage that will appear during the ride.

Giant Kong animatronic or not, this looks like a solid addition to IoA.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby BBparks57 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Very excited to see this coming back! I'm hopeful for this concept and I'm pretty confident we can expect some cool animations and screens but some great sets and animatronics.

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Thu May 07, 2015 3:12 am

nintendo_characters_by_jarbs58-d3h99f8.jpg
Oh wow - Nintendo and Universal have signed a deal to bring Nintendo characters and rides into Universal parks! How exciting is this?!

Press Release on Business Wire

Nintendo Partners with Universal Parks & Resorts to Create World’s First-Ever Theme Park Attractions Based on Nintendo’s Beloved Games and Characters

KYOTO, Japan & ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nintendo and Universal Parks & Resorts today announced plans to bring the world of Nintendo to life at Universal theme parks – creating spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.

The agreement brings two icons of entertainment together and represents a significant partnership for Nintendo as it expands the reach and popularity of its characters and intellectual property.

Universal theme parks offer incredibly popular, innovative themed family entertainment experiences based on compelling stories and characters – using powerful storytelling and innovative technology. Nintendo has created remarkable and imaginative worlds filled with captivating stories and beloved characters. Now, for the first time, those stories and characters will be brought to life in entirely new ways – only at Universal theme parks.

The immersive experiences will include major attractions at Universal’s theme parks and will feature Nintendo’s most famous characters and games. More details will be announced in the future, as the Nintendo and Universal creative teams work to create specific concepts.

About Universal Parks & Resorts

Universal Parks & Resorts, a unit of Comcast NBCUniversal, offers guests around the globe today’s most relevant and popular entertainment experiences. With three-time Academy Award winner I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool Spielberg as creative consultant, its theme parks are known for immersive experiences that feature some of the world’s most thrilling and technologically advanced film- and television-based attractions. Comcast NBCUniversal is a global media and technology company that owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news, sports and entertainment networks; Universal Pictures, a premier motion picture company; significant television production operations; a leading television stations group; and world-renowned theme parks.

Comcast NBCUniversal wholly owns Universal Studios Hollywood, which includes Universal CityWalk Hollywood. It also owns Universal Orlando Resort, a world-class destination resort featuring two theme parks (Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure), four resort hotels, and Universal CityWalk Orlando. Comcast NBCUniversal also has license agreements with Universal Studios Japan in Osaka, Japan and Universal Studios Singapore at Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore. In addition, Comcast NBCUniversal has recently announced plans for a theme park in Beijing and an indoor theme park to be developed as part of the Galactica Park project in Moscow.

About Nintendo

The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ families of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.3 billion video games and more than 680 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™ and Wii systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™.

A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com/.
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu May 07, 2015 5:08 am.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Bag_O_Laughs » Thu May 07, 2015 3:38 am

I'm excited for this! I do hope its a combination of animatronics, sets and screens. I think so far Forbidden journey is the best example of a ride that gets the combination right.
Next trips:

Orlando September 2015: Halloween Horror Nights 25 - Food and Wine Festival 2015

Hong Kong Disneyland October 2016

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Koasterking48 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:47 am

^^ That is huge news. I'd expect some Nintendo character meet-and-greets not too long from now and possibly a new themed area not too far off. Personally, I think this is bigger and more exciting news than Kong!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Thu May 07, 2015 4:53 am

Koasterking48 wrote:^^ That is huge news. I'd expect some Nintendo character meet-and-greets not too long from now and possibly a new themed area not too far off. Personally, I think this is bigger and more exciting news than Kong!

Just an idea but with Disney owning Marvel, would they use Nintendo to re-theme some of IOA's Marvel rides? There's so many things under the Nintendo name could just that be used to make a 3rd park?

Even if it couldn't in Orlando, with all that talk about a 2nd park in Japan, i think it would go down really well over there.
Last edited by Garet on Thu May 07, 2015 4:54 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 07, 2015 4:53 am

As long as they don't make a sequel to the live-action Mario Bros. movie. ;)
Last edited by cfc on Thu May 07, 2015 5:33 am.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu May 07, 2015 4:57 am

I agree with others that this is WAY more exciting than Kong. Nintendo parks have been a dream of many for years and Universal could really do it justice as based on the effort and money they put into the Harry Potter areas. I'm already redoing the parks in my head to Nintendo! I see the rest of the Lost Continent at IOA becoming Zelda themed, the old and busted kids area at Universal to Pokemon, Marvel to Mario...oh man!!!!! Hulk Coaster can very easily be themed to Bowser! =)

I'm also assuming that Universal Japan will crap all over anything we would get. Perhaps the rumored 2nd Japanese Universal Park could be exclusive Nintendo????
Last edited by SharkTums on Thu May 07, 2015 4:58 am.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 07, 2015 5:07 am

Makes me wonder if this announcement and the news of Universal Japan looking to build a second park have anything to do with each other. I noticed that the press release came from Universal Orlando (creative offices) and Nintendo Japan NOT Nintendo of America. Interesting.... http://www.todayonline.com/entertainment/universal-studios-japan-plans-okinawa-theme-park

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!