Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 15: new ride announcements for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

Postby Swede » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:02 pm

Nice photos. Thursday can't come quick enough! :p

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Intaman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:28 am

Fantastic, I can't wait to finally visit this park during the Scandi trip.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:12 am

Tivoli have finally gotten a building permission for it's expansion toward the street (remember that this dosen't really have anything with rides to do).

Personally I hate it, as I think it will ruin the classic feel of Tivoli, but if they like it I suppose they know what they are doing.

Historic amusement park Tivoli to get major facelift

One of Copenhagen busiest corners will get a new look after city officials approve Tivoli's plan for a modern makeover.

The entrance to the historic Copenhagen amusement park Tivoli is once step closer to a major facelift after receiving the unanimous approval of the City of Copenhagen’s technical and environmental committee.

The plans call for a major change to the area near the park’s main entrance, which will result in a new first impression of the Danish capital for travellers arriving at Copenhagen Central Station.

Plans to revamp the corner of Vesterbrogade and Bernstorffsgade have been circulating since 2008. A previous design that was developed by the architects behind the Louvre’s glass pyramid was rejected by the city for not fitting in with the surrounding area, but Tivoli and the architecture firm Pei, Cobb, Freed & Partners have now managed to change the design enough to win local politicians’ approval.

“Tivoli is now an important step further in renewing the corning of Vesterbrogade and Bernstorffsgade. The vision is to create the framework for even more urban life. That won’t just benefit Tivoli – Copernhageners and tourists alike will benefit from a vibrant city with a lot activity,” Tivoli spokesman Lars Liebst said in a statement.

Among the highlights of the plan are a new modern facade and a wider sidewalk near the amusement park’s main entrance, terraced green space within Tivoli, an expansion of Nimb Hotel and new shops, cafes and restaurants.

Tivoli did not provide an estimated completion date nor an exact cost of the project, saying only that it was an amount in the triple-digit million range.

Tivoli opened in 1843 and is the second oldest amusement park in the world. The oldest is also found in the greater Copenhagen area: Dyrehavsbakken, or simply Bakken as it is known locally, dates all the way back to 1583 and is located in Klampenborg, roughly ten kilometres north of Copenhagen.

Still no news about the new for 2015 rides.

Source
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:29 am

^I'm not crazy about the concept art, either. Seems to clash with the rest of the park.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Slem » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:08 am

I actually think it's a pretty good proposal for the area. It's easy to forget as an enthusiast that this particular area is so much more than just an amusment park: it is probably the most central area in Copenhagen. With that in mind I personally think that the proposal in question works good for both everyday life and park. It might not be the best looking proposal but considering that the surrounding development in the area will have a similar architecture I think it might work pretty well (e.g. The new 'Scala' which will be located on the opposite side of the main entrance). The only thing that I am a bit worried about is how the facade facing the park will look like and if it will look as modern as the facade along the street, since I doubt that a modern look will fit in inside the park.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:40 am

I like this a whole lot, both in idea and apparent execution, and I absolutely agree with this:
Slem wrote:It's easy to forget as an enthusiast that this particular area is so much more than just an amusment park: it is probably the most central area in Copenhagen. With that in mind I personally think that the proposal in question works good for both everyday life and park.

I really like the idea of urban amusement parks such as Tivoli Gardens being sort of community hubs for the cities they're built in. I think that as the city evolves, so should the park - it's totally possible for a place with such a long history to be able to embrace its past while subsequently continuing to move forward.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:56 am

I'm glad the park got approval for this addition.

I don't mind the look of this addition. For historic preservation, It is actually better to make an addition/new building visually distinct so that what is actually historic can easily be discerned. This looks to be more visible from the train station and the street than within the park itself.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:23 am

How about some crappy Iphone photos from Christmas at Tivoli?

Also, ridiculous amount of people there yesterday, never seen it so crowded in my life!

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4792.JPG

IMG_4795.jpg

IMG_4797.JPG

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4806.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

IMG_4813.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4828.JPG

IMG_4830.JPG

IMG_4833.jpg

IMG_4836.JPG

IMG_4840.JPG

IMG_4844.JPG

IMG_4845.JPG

IMG_4851.JPG

IMG_4853.jpg

IMG_4855.JPG

IMG_4857.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4871.JPG
IMG_4871.JPG
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Tivoli looks great, any time of the year, in the evening with it's lights on.

Thanks for sharing yours.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Tivoli Gardens announce new 3-in-1 tower ride for 2016

Postby peptoabysmal » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:35 am

Tivoli Gardens have announced their new ride for 2016:
Fatamorgana will be a 45 meter tall tower. It combines three rides in one so there will be something for every member of the family. The 5-years-olds can enjoy a mini version of The Bumper Cars at the ground level, and on the next level a combi-ride will have a wild and a less wild version.

Tivoli Gardens

The press mentions make the thrill ride sound like a frisbee-style ride, but they haven't released a rendering yet. It just says riders will sit in a circle with their backs against the centre and experience 2.5G while swinging over the edge of the tower. The ride has a combined budget of 50 million DKK and will open April 5th, 2016.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!