Come on in and say "Hi".

New here? Please introduce yourself!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Come on in and say "Hi".

Postby SLCHeadache » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi, I'm S100Headache. But, for here, I wanted my username to be more relevant.

I'm actually a weakling when it comes to rides. (Going to work on that this year.) Most of my love for amusement parks came from the RCT series, and that interest was reinvigorated when my old computer broke down, giving me the excuse to buy a machine able to handle Planet Coaster.

As for when I first heard of this forum, back in high school, when I had only dial-up, I used my school's faster Internet access to download stuff onto a CD which I would then use to. I looked back on the CD, and among them were some Theme Park Review videos.

My two nearest parks are Kings Dominion and Six Flags America, though this will be my first year at the latter. Will also be doing Hersheypark and Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:47 am

^ Welcome. As you can see by my donkey title, I am one of the most loved members on the forum. Good luck at getting stronger at rides!
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Skittles » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Hey everyone! Why the weird name? I don't know... I was eating them as I registered.

I live in Fremont, CA. I was a former operator of Medusa at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, until I got an internship at Pixar.

My Coaster Count is very low, an embarrassing 16. Unfortunately, I just became a coaster enthusiast this past week, and I've only been to CGA and SFDK. But I've got loads of new plans lately; look at the Trip Plans for 2017 or whatever that thread is called for information.

Here are my Top 5 Coasters. Look in my signature too.
1. Joker
2. Gold Striker
3. Medusa
4. Flight Deck
5. Superman Ultimate Flight
Coaster Count - 183

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:08 am

Happy Easter to TPR and all the peeps! I know I'm not new here but didn't know where else to say Happ Easter.
IMG_0458.JPG

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Plank » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Hello! I joined yesterday (4/17/17), but decided to make my little welcoming post now.

I'm from the Buffalo area, making Darien Lake my home park.

I've really only been to a few theme parks that I'm able to recall. These few are:
-Darien Lake
-Cedar Point
-Fantasy Island
-Seabreeze Amusement Park
-Disney World (Happened in 2005, was too young to ride any coasters sadly.)

Not really the best list, but I'm still younger and might someday get to travel further and do more.
Overall, I'm most likely just going to lurk around. If you do see me post, it'll most likely be in threads for those parks listed above.
I love riding the back row of Predator (Darien Lake) and enjoy Vekoma SLCs. Yeah I'm different than others. :|

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SpaceOfSeer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Hello there,

Decided to make an account on this site, because I've been checking up on this site in and out for a while now. I've had an on and off interest in Roller Coasters ever since I was little, and usually take a trip to a park once a year. This year it was decided that me and a group of friends would be going up to Cedar Point sometime in August.

My three home parks are Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, and Kings Dominion. However, I rotate passes every other year with this year being the year I go to BG and WC.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby dchang11 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi there,

My name is David Chang. I discovered TPR around 2006 via another forum affiliated towards East Coast theme parks. Someone posted about the new Tatsu opening up at Six Flags Magic Mountain and posted a link of this site. TPR provided great coverage of its construction and opening. Since then, I became a regular visitor here. I enjoyed reading the adventures of Robb and Elissa, as well as other trip reports made by other members. These trips look like an absolute blast.

I finally registered for the TPR forums in May 2012, but really didn't get involved until April 2016 since I was attending university. Theme Park Review has some skilled writers and photographers, and I keep coming back to this site to read and re-read trip reports. They are amazing and rekindled my interest in theme parks and roller coasters. I hope in the future I could supplement these great stories with other coaster enthusiasts.

I grew up in the Philadelphia area and consider Dorney Park my home park. The first coaster I rode was the Loch Ness Monster in 2002. I have been to Great Adventure and Hersheypark several times in high school, but Kingda Ka always closes. I now live in Washington, DC and my new home park is Kings Dominion. I got my college roommate into the world of coasters and we are planning a trip to Cedar Point in 2018 (because of RMC Mean Streak).

In addition to coasters, I'm a huge rugby freak. To sum it up, me and my teammates every Saturday "knock the sh*t out of our opponents, shake hands, and have a beer". Sound good mate? Give blood, play rugby! Sign up today!

Robb, keep up with the good work on Theme Park Review!! Cheers!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Freddie » Tue May 02, 2017 2:03 pm

Hey, guys. I'm new here, obviously. Every once in a while I'll get on a theme park kick, and I often found myself lurking these forums. Today I decided to bite the bullet and make an account here. I've been to about 3 theme parks as of now. Disneyland (2003 + 2010), Silverwood (2007), and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (2012). I'm hoping to go to Silverwood again this year as a sort of 10 year anniversary of the last time I went. I'm a bit of a wuss with rollercoasters, but since I have such a big interest in them, I'm hoping to change that.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kijikun » Tue May 09, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello! I'm Kijikun, from Dallas, Texas. I'm almost at the age to use the Monty Python gif of I'm not old I'm 37 (36) in all seriousness. Started off going to theme parks as a bitty thing with Hershey Park and King's Dominion. I don't really have a top 5 rides, but my top will ride again and again are pretty much Transformers/Spider-man
(let's be fair they are kinda the same ride with differnt theming but I love them all the same), Big Thunder Mountain, Seven Dwarves, Gringotts, and a toss up between Mummy and Indiana Jones in disneyland. Joined the forums after reading way to many of the park reviews and decided it looked like a fun place.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Pierrot.34 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:01 am

Hello ! I'm Pierre, from Montpellier in France! I am 20 years old and am a fan of theme parks and roller coasters since about 2010. Sorry if my English is sometimes bad, but I will do my best I promise.
My newest parks are Movieland Park, Gardaland and Mirabilandia in Italy. Then Parc Astérix and Walibi Rhône Alpes in France.
My top 3 roller coaster is: Shambhala - Katun - iSpeed.
I played quite a few years RCT3 and for 6 months I play NL2.
The parks that now give me more desire are Phantasialand and Liseberg
Last edited by Pierrot.34 on Mon May 29, 2017 6:56 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random