Hey Fatties! LISTEN UP!!!

Advice we always give about fitting on roller coasters.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Hey Fatties! LISTEN UP!!!

Postby fraroc » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:42 am

Speaking of Skyrush, I'm beginning to wonder if they changed the sensors to the restraints between 2015 and now. I'm about the same weight and measurement as I was in 2015 (give or take of course), but during this trip at Hershey, they had to staple the absolute living crap out of me to get a green light. Also, I've noticed that the ride ops made a lot of larger people sit in the winged seats of Skyrush, which unfortunately lead to some train stacking.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:26 am

I rode front center row on Skyrush the other night and had no trouble. The center seats on any other rows are a little stricter though.

Here are my tips for the other top coasters:

-Laff Trakk: Remove excessive clothing such as coats and jackets as well as large items in your pockets and place them in the bag drop. Sit as far back in the seat as possible and cross your legs. This will allow your thighs to turn sideways and the lapbar to go lower.

-Fahrenheit: The seatbelts have changed since the horse collar restraints were replaced with softer padding. Remember that most Intamin trains have stadium seating so the 2nd row is going to sit a little higher, allowing your legs to sit flatter in the seat. Once seated have yourself as far back in the seat as possible and relax your shoulders.

-Storm Runner: Same as Fahrenheit, but the restraints move a little slower.

-Great Bear: Rows 1,3,5,and 7 each have a larger seat with two buckles.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby fraroc » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:31 pm

So last year, around this time going to Hersheypark, I was around 285lbs, I'm now 268 and still going down, hopefully by the time my trip comes next month, I'll be 265, a full twenty pounds lighter than last year. And hopefully, even more than that.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:57 pm

I have never had much of an issue with this over the years, but then last year, for the first time ever, I got walk-of-shamed on Wicked Twister. MF was tighter then as well, but I still made it. However, sadly, I have gone in the wrong direction since then, and am genuinely a little worried for the first time ever, as I prepare to go to my first parks since last year in a couple of weeks. I'm not a lot bigger, and I'm not worried a lot about it, but it is on my mind...

As such, I was wondering what the coasters at Waldameer and Kennywood are like for bigger guys? I've been to both parks, but when I was about 30 pounds smaller, so I wasn't even paying attention to it. Should I have concerns with any of the coasters at either place? Thanks!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dmax11 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:17 pm

i'm 5'11" 240 lbs typically. never had to walk of shame a ride yet, its tight for me on some seats on B&M Inverts i can always latch but sometimes the belt buckles are a tad short and the ride op has to staple me. also had similar happen on an intamin impulse, first time i rode it that day it was fine, later on when i took a back seat spot the Ride op told me i was too big and i told her i had just rode it earlier that day so she tried again and got the buckle to go.

RMC's have never been an issue for me even with my pockets loaded with stuff and a belt on i have seen some people get denied on twisted colossus but they were very large, probably 270+ lbs range

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:06 am

Two years ago (2017) I visited Hersheypark and while I was able to ride all the woody coasters, Trailblazer, and The SuperDooperLooper, I could not get on SkyRush, Laff Trax, nor Storm Runner because I couldn't fit into the test seats. The following year (2018), I didn't visit any amusement parks. This year, 2019, I lost a total of 45 pounds this year and I was able to ride everything inside Hersheypark, including the Claw. Inspired by these results, I included a few more amusement parks to visit this year, including Kentucky Kingdom that had Lightning Run I couldn't ride five years ago. I rode everything and had no problems with fitting into the seats.

:airtime: "When you lose weight, the riding season becomes great!" :airtimer:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:34 am

Congrats!!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:34 am

^ "Thank you, thank you, thank you - you much too kind . . ." [from Jay Z's The Blueprint III]

I decided to do a little thought experiment on guests with large body portions that attended amusement parks in the eighties and compared that with attending one today. I decided to use Kings Dominion as my park since I have been going there since 1978 and I know all the park's rides and history. As for the "fatty" in this experiment I shall use myself back in 2017 when I was a fatso at 285 pounds ( and not the 240 pound skinny wink I am today). ;)

So I'm this big, big man visiting Kings Dominion in 1985 ([/color=black] the ten-year anniversary of the park[/color]). So what rides can big ole me get on and which ones I won't be able to fit into the restraints?

First, I can get on the Eiffel Tower, Log Flume, Train, Sky Ride, Blue Ridge Tollbooth, White Water Canyon, and Yogi's Cave without any problems. As for the flats the park had in 1985, I can get on any of them, except I might have problems with the Wave Swinger. As for The Lost World, none of the three rides in there would pose a problem.

Now we get to the roller coasters. For the three woodies the park had in '85 ( Rebel Yell, Grizzly, and Scooby Doo), the only restraints these three coasters had was just a lap bar and the seats had no dividers nor seat belts. As for the Galaxi, the trains had no restraints at all. Finally, there's the King Kobra and it only had a lap bar that went over your legs, regardless the size of your belly.

In short, the only rides I couldn't get on would be the kiddie rides, not because of my size and weight, but because of my height!

Over the years, with rides starting to become more thrilling and more extreme, the needs for tighter restraints began to become the norm. Now riders need to whip themselves into shape so they can ride these thrilling rides. While the rider and amusement park flyers like the high and aggressive thrills the parks will debut, we would have a tendency to forget about guests that aren't in good shape to ride and those with large body portions that can't fit into the ride's restraints. This year's (2019) newest rides announced by all the parks were mainly new coasters or an extreme flat ride, but I counted two parks debuting rides suitable for families: King's Island brought back their antique cars and Hersheypark re-themed their dark ride ( any more parks that debuted a family-friendly ride this year? Or next year?).

:airtime: "When you lose weight, the riding season becomes great!" :airtimer:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:56 pm

From my first time going to a park at my largest size ever the other day at Kings Island, I know I really need to get serious about losing weight before next coaster season! Not because I couldn't ride anything, but getting in and out of coasters was awkward and more difficult, and The Racer's double click caused me to get punched in the gut the entire duration of the ride by my lap bar. I do appreciate the advice in this thread, but I'm really planning to not have to use it anymore come next season!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby tndank » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Set a goal and knock it out. I dropped 175 lbs over the last year so I could get back into coasters. I've had the best year ever and my life is 100% different now. 115 credits this year. 474 rides this year. Haven't been denied yet including the kiddie coasters.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!