The Park at OWA Discussion Thread

Page 13: New additions for 2019 include a shooting dark ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

Postby RollerManic » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm

I'm pretty sure the missing coaster is the red SLC I thought saw in the video. :lmao:

But carry on.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:40 am

Video!

Let's see if the link works (If Not, Can a Mod fix it?)

wkrg.com/2017/01/30/owa-theme-park-rides-arriving-going-up-in-foley/
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:31 pm

I absolutely love this! Although I've heard Thunderbolt isn't the *best* coaster, I'm sure Zamperla has done some tinkering with the restraints, wheel assembly, and their track bending techniques. Plus it looks to have a pretty solid flat line up! A Vertical Swing, Endeavor, Midi Discovery Revolution, Air Race, Disco Coaster, Wave Swinger, Windstar. Plus their Wild Mouse coasters are fun! Can't wait to visit!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby flagrockerthegreat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:10 am

Eh, i saw 3 more rides put up but the rolling thunder supports are still laid out and i haven't seen a piece of track near it. :lol:
Cannonball Run Menace, 112 rides and counting! :br

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:25 pm

flagrockerthegreat wrote:Eh, i saw 3 more rides put up but the rolling thunder supports are still laid out and i haven't seen a piece of track near it. :lol:

Probably haven't come yet. To be honest Zamperla probably tossed a bunch of random pieces for different rides in a shipping container then sent it. I think Rollin' Thunder, the Wild Mouse, and the kiddie coasters will be some of the last rides to be assembled.

Re: OWA AMUSEMENT PARK FOLEY ALABAMA

Postby flagrockerthegreat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:59 am

scubaski wrote:Some of you have heard about the new amusement park coming to Foley Alabama opening this summer. It's supposed to have three thrill rides including one major roller coaster which if I remember correctly will be the longest in the southeast. Anyway I have seen the artist rendition and it looks great. I only live 30 minutes from there so will be keeping up with the construction. It doesn't hurt that we have friends who live a block away so I have told her to give me routine updates.

"30" i live 10 minutes from there and it's right across from the mall!

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:23 am

EliHorton wrote:I absolutely love this! Although I've heard Thunderbolt isn't the *best* coaster, I'm sure Zamperla has done some tinkering with the restraints, wheel assembly, and their track bending techniques.

Personally I found the whining about Thunderbolt to be overblown. We rode it in September and really enjoyed it. We didn't find it rough at all.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:28 am

I'm really kinda looking forward to this project. Not just because of the coasters and the park involved but this area of the country is one that a lot of people maybe haven't been to or think of when it comes to beach vacation destinations but the whole west side of the Florida pan handle/Alabama coast is really a pretty nice area. Gives me an excuse to go back again for a long weekend sometime.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:28 am

I keep hearing people say they didn't like Thunderbolt at Luna Park but I thought it was a great ride. The restraints were a little funky but it didn't bother me. I would have rode it more than once if it didn't cost $10 a ride. I look forward to this clone cause I'm hoping I can get multiple rides on it without having to spend a fortune.

Postby flagrockerthegreat » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 pm

The Geek Mojo wrote:I keep hearing people say they didn't like Thunderbolt at Luna Park but I thought it was a great ride. The restraints were a little funky but it didn't bother me. I would have rode it more than once if it didn't cost $10 a ride. I look forward to this clone cause I'm hoping I can get multiple rides on it without having to spend a fortune.

All that matters is if it'll be a good ride or not. just depending on the restraints, (hoping there comftorable) i'm going on opening day.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!