Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: NEWS: Fun Spot Action Park expanding by 10 acres!

Postby jjune4991 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:38 am

Yea, we can talk about Gwazi in the BG thread.

Anyway, about 5 years ago, my dad, sister, brother, and I did a walking only on International Drive to a couple of go kart places. If I remember correctly, we were right across the street from the volcano slingshot ride in the middle of I Drive, but we did go to this Fun Spot. I remember it being really fun, and though I loved these go karts, I preferred the Fun Spot that had the bigger rides, mainly because of that slingshot. I really did enjoy my time at the parks, and I have wanted to go back. They are great fun and are much cheaper than going to the Big 3. Also, I really hope that this is where the GCI Big Fun is going. That animation looked too good to be true. Fingers crossed!

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby OrlandoPete » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:59 am

Hmm, I guess people have had some rough rides on Gwazi then, huh. Perhaps it was that cocktail I had before riding...I don't know. I am usually pretty intolerant of a rough woodie. Maybe it is hit or miss? Affected by humidity? I remember I rode the Voyage three times one day, and the first two were smooth and wonderful. Then the third time I have no idea what happened, but it was as violent a woodie as I have ever ridden. I walked off with my head hurting from the vibration. I think overall the layout of Gwazi is as good as Roar, so I hope they can get it all sorted out one day.

Back on topic, I would love to see a Big Fun in Orlando. It would be really unique to the area. I wonder what the steel coaster might be?

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:17 am

If we're getting a "Big Fun" coaster, that'd be excellent! The video from IAAPA looked awesome and thought to myself "Man, any park would benefit from a ride like this, not too extreme, but not too gentle." I'm hoping it's going to be like Kentucky Rumbler, an awesome coaster at a small park.

As for the steel coaster... I've read (and we all know how trustworthy the internet is) that it's going to be a Vekoma boomerang with the new restraints. We'll see how that goes.
Signature.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:58 pm

^I hadn't been paying attention to those rumors...is it Wild Adventures' boomerang with new restraints/train?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Looty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:30 pm

So the expansion will create 200 more jobs? Does that mean 200 more people will be dancing out of sync in their next awesome commercial??? Fun Spot...IT'S HUGE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8kytT0ITzg

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Bryce232 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Hmmm, I think a boomerang may be The perfect steel coaster for a small park like this. It would definitely compliment the rumored big fun too.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby eddytheviper » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:18 pm

This... may amaze people but, I have never been on a boomerang coaster before so, the idea of one possibly is quite interesting... bad I know.

I think it would fit pretty well for the park, I hope the new additions are good for the park, I think Old Town and Fun Spots new investments are great for the City, something different than the big 3 companies so, good on them.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby StarTrekGeek » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:26 pm

eddytheviper wrote:This... may amaze people but, I have never been on a boomerang coaster before so, the idea of one possibly is quite interesting... bad I know.

I think it would fit pretty well for the park, I hope the new additions are good for the park, I think Old Town and Fun Spots new investments are great for the City, something different than the big 3 companies so, good on them.

The only Boomerang that I've ridden was Carolina Cobra at Carowinds. It was actually a very fun ride, and I also wouldn't mind one coming to Fun Spot.

Never been to this park, but I hope to soon, especially with this expansion. Love me a GCI Big Fun!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:36 pm

At least a Boomerang should make for good business for the park. People seem to like them fine, and I've noticed that going backwards seems to be a great novelty for kids.

I'm glad more comfortable restraints exist now, but they certainly didn't cause me to enjoy Sidewinder at Hersheypark.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Bryce232 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:05 pm

eddytheviper wrote:This... may amaze people but, I have never been on a boomerang coaster before so, the idea of one possibly is quite interesting... bad I know.

I haven't either. I've never been on a single coaster with a backwards element. Oh wait, Expedition Everest...

But I really wanna try out the Boomerang, it looks like a lot of fun!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!