Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: NEWS: Fun Spot Action Park Announces White Lightning!

Postby RCF » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Not that I'm nitpicking having one or the other, as I LOVE Air Race models, but does Air Raid mean the screaming swings attraction isn't happening anytime soon?

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:44 pm

1st off, thanx to Robb and his beautiful wife, the dominatrix Ms. A. (those boots were rockin! ) heh heh. The filming of the new Air Race was a lot of fun. I never realized how different each spin on this ride could be so different. It really is affected by weight and weight distribution. I did fine for the first 4 rides and then for the fifth my partner and I switched cars and positions. All I can say is that ride #5 in a row sorta did me in. We felt as if we were on a pinwheel. Great fun but , Oh boy did I need a break! After the shoot on Air Race, all of us got a few bonus rides on Freedom Flyer. Great fun this ride is. After the shoot, my partner and I grabbed a bite to eat there and a few adult bevs. . Love the fries. they are really good. Then we grabbed a few rides on the go carts, tilt a whirl, Rip Curl , a couple spins on Enterprise and , yes, Air Race again. (tummy finally settled down enough to ride it again.) Sadly White Lightning was down, but gladly, It was for some new wood being added. In fact we saw lots of painting and sprucing up going on all over. So nice to see them taking care of the park. Only one pic , but I do love the look of this ride, great addition to the park !
DSCN2586.JPG
Beautiful !

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Thanks for the kind shout out! I was volunteering at school and didn't think I'd be able to come make it to the shoot. I probably would have worn slightly more appropriate theme park shoes! ;)

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:05 pm

Hmm ? I hope you were playing a role from Wicked, or else, since it's been a few years since I've had kids is school (5 of em) they is teachin sompin way different than I ever was taut. Just kidding.You are always classy. You and Robb are great. :lmao:

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:24 pm

I can't wait to ride this addition!

Is this a temporary or permanent attraction? It is placed half on the pavement and half on the grass...it seems a bit out of place to be permanent.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby BlahBlahson » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:46 pm

^It's more of a family-boardwalk type of amusement park (a super nice one), so though it's not imbed in concrete the ride is a long term addition.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:53 pm

One thing I've noticed with Funspot is that they install something and try to determine if it's the right place to go. If then it is they make it more perm. But to me, that's half the fun of the place, things are always in flux and there's always something different about the place. little tweeks here and there. To me it's the perfect spot to go, right between the two coasters.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:11 am

chargersmichael wrote:Is this a temporary or permanent attraction? It is placed half on the pavement and half on the grass...it seems a bit out of place to be permanent.

BlahBlahson wrote:^It's more of a family-boardwalk type of amusement park (a super nice one), so though it's not imbed in concrete the ride is a long term addition.

To add some context to this, some of Knoebels' attractions are trailer-mounted but have existed in the exact same spot for years.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:28 am

I'm not a huge flat ride fan but this looks like something I'd try, looks like the right amount of fun without being crazy disorienting. Fun Spot is always a great spot to stop in and kill a few hours whenever I'm in town and it's great to see them expanding.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:41 am

djcoastermark wrote:The filming of the new Air Race was a lot of fun. I never realized how different each spin on this ride could be so different. It really is affected by weight and weight distribution. I did fine for the first 4 rides and then for the fifth my partner and I switched cars and positions. All I can say is that ride #5 in a row sorta did me in. We felt as if we were on a pinwheel. Great fun but , Oh boy did I need a break!

It's a good thing it's not going to a SF park! They would make sure to balance it out so that it's as extreme as a normal swing. :devil:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!