Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

P. 172 - Mine Blower Grand Opening Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: NEWS: Fun Spot Action Park Announces White Lightning!

Postby AndrewRnR » Thu May 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Finally got a chance to check out the ride last night - it is a great throw-your-hands-up-in-the-air-and-have-fun ride. Not sure how I would compare it to other GCI coasters but it is lots of fun and perhaps my favorite coaster in Orlando. Buying the annual pass last year as part of the half-off special has already greatly paid for itself!

If anyone around town wants to meet up and grab a few laps just drop me a message. My office is just up the road - I plan on swinging by on my way home from work a few times a week to unwind from a day at the office!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Thu May 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Where you by chance there today in a yellow plaid shirt? Riding up front a bunch?
-Steve

Postby AndrewRnR » Thu May 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Nope - was there last night for a few rides as well as today after work for a few more. Got a few rides with the train to myself - the back seat seems to be the money seat IMO.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby gatorchomp83 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Invertalon, if you're talking about today, I was there around 4pm for about 15 laps in a yellow shirt.

Got my 101st ride on it today. :-D :b

Edit: Were you out in a black shirt with a DSLR?
FLORIDA GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007 BASKETBALL FOOTBALL 1996 - 2006 - 2008
Top 5 Wood: 1 Voyage 2 Boulder Dash 3 Phoenix 4 Ravine Flyer II 5 Thunderhead
Top 5 Steel: 1 Intimidator 305 2 Goliath (GA) 3 Bizarro (SFNE) 4 Nitro 5 Kumba
Twitter

Postby AndrewRnR » Thu May 30, 2013 7:07 pm

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet - I just heard about this and know there are a few annual passholders here. Next Thursday, June 6th, the park is having an annual pass holder party from 4pm-8pm which includes 2 free beers per passholder! I'll head over around 5:30 when I get off work!

Here is the flyer: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1111570680408-81/Annual+Pass.pdf

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 30, 2013 8:53 pm

^ Hey, some of those people on the flyer look familiar! ;)

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Thu May 30, 2013 9:24 pm

gatorchomp83 wrote:Invertalon, if you're talking about today, I was there around 4pm for about 15 laps in a yellow shirt.

Got my 101st ride on it today. :-D :b

Edit: Were you out in a black shirt with a DSLR?

Yeah that was me! Girlfriend was riding the coaster with you at some points, she was in the back I believe. She is close to 50 rides on it in the past 4 days or so, I am at around 30ish. Hoping to make it back tomorrow night prob for some last night rides before heading back to Ohio Saturday... But after IOA/UNI during the day. Such a great little ride.
-Steve

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu May 30, 2013 9:52 pm

AndrewRnR wrote:I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet - I just heard about this and know there are a few annual passholders here. Next Thursday, June 6th, the park is having an annual pass holder party from 4pm-8pm which includes 2 free beers per passholder! I'll head over around 5:30 when I get off work!

Here is the flyer: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1111570680408-81/Annual+Pass.pdf

Free beer? I'll be there.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby gatorchomp83 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:29 am

Yeah that was me! Girlfriend was riding the coaster with you at some points, she was in the back I believe. She is close to 50 rides on it in the past 4 days or so, I am at around 30ish. Hoping to make it back tomorrow night prob for some last night rides before heading back to Ohio Saturday... But after IOA/UNI during the day. Such a great little ride.

I figured you guys were enthusiasts...I just thought it was interesting that SHE was riding and you were taking the pictures lol. It's usually the other way around. =) I love just stopping in there for 30min to grab rides before continuing on with my day!

Next Thursday, June 6th, the park is having an annual pass holder party from 4pm-8pm which includes 2 free beers per passholder! I'll head over around 5:30 when I get off work!

That's the day before we leave for Coasting for Kids and I'm off....And free beer...Tempting.
FLORIDA GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007 BASKETBALL FOOTBALL 1996 - 2006 - 2008
Top 5 Wood: 1 Voyage 2 Boulder Dash 3 Phoenix 4 Ravine Flyer II 5 Thunderhead
Top 5 Steel: 1 Intimidator 305 2 Goliath (GA) 3 Bizarro (SFNE) 4 Nitro 5 Kumba
Twitter

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:39 am

Bump

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!