I posted this in the TPR Facebook group
(which you should all join if you haven't already) but I figured I'd share it here also.
We went to Six Flags Great Adventure today for the first time since they reopened. Overall we had a great day, but there are definitely a few things worth noting (both good and bad).
- The new entrance experience is great and way more high-tech than I would expect from Six Flags. You walk through the temperature screening in groups without even slowing down, same with the new metal detectors. I hope those new metal detectors are permanent and I’d assume that they are.
- Anyone expecting any of the advertised social distancing or mask wearing guidelines to be enforced or adhered to will be disappointed. Social distancing in queue lines is not a thing. There are stickers but they’re all entirely ignored. Honestly I don’t know why that is, I know some people don’t like masks but I wasn’t aware that there were people clamoring to be right on top of a bunch of strangers on a hot day in a queue line. I kind of feel like the more personal space the better, covid or not but I guess we’re in the minority.
- They’re pushing mobile ordering for food now and we had a good experience with it. Shockingly quick and easy for Six Flags...
- Diamond and Diamond Elite members need to get the skip the line passes early. We waited ONE HOUR to get 3 skip the line passes that were included daily with our pass. It’s tempting to go straight to a ride when the park opens to ride it with no line and come back later for the passes. Do not do that (okay... maybe do it with Wonder Woman, and on that note...)
- Don’t get a skip the line pass for Wonder Woman. Brit waited an hour and a half with a skip the line pass (she encouraged me to bail and ride Nitro if I wanted and I didn’t need much convincing). The regular line was probably shorter. Nitro and El Toro handled Flash Pass really well and we barely waited at all. I recommend getting passes for those.
- El Toro is an un-freaking-believable roller coaster.
It seems weird to say this in July but I guess the park did just open, so hopefully some of the kinks get worked out soon and hopefully they get better with enforcing their policies. Still, we had a great day and it was great to be riding Nitro and El Toro again!